Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The major purpose of this study was to determine the challenges facing married female secretaries in their work places in selected business organization in owerri metropolis.
The population of the study consisted of 40 married female secretarial staff form the selected organizations. The entire population was used for the study. The research question were posed to guide the study A-30 items structured questionnaire was developed and validated percentage was used to answer the research questions.
The major facts of the secretaries were confidential and personnel secretaries were only the type of secretary in the elected business organizations who were married female secretaries. The married female secretaries staff has ignored to put in practice their duties, responsibilities and qualities of a good secretary and this posed to affect them in their work palce
Family problems have reflected to the challenges that confronted them in their work places, which makes them not working as expected.
It was recommended that secretaries should reaffirm their duties, responsibilities and qualification should not be overlooked in their tenor.
Finally. Employers should device a means of training their secretaries in all areas, giving adequate motivation to them and ensuring genuine human relation respectively.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In every profession there is lot of challenges facing the staff depending on their profession fields. To every profession. There is lots of challenges facing them form one department to another. In higher institutions or universities, the challenges facing them both male and female workers are the workers or lecture feel cheated, when the are talking about the hierarchy people that are controlling them feel they are higher then they are by either profession or qualifications.
In a lay man language, a secretary is one who assists the boss in taking down the minutes of the meeting, writing letters. Filling incoming and outgoing correspondence of an organization.
A secretary should relate the function of the office to the whole organization. She should appropriate action independently when accurate records of proceedings and relives and relieves executive of various administrative details, coordinate and maintains effective office procedure set by employee, establishes and maintain harmonious working relationship with superior co-workers, subordinates, customers and clients and supplies. Ohakwe (2004).
According to (Njoku 2006) a secretary’s effort alone cannot help to improve your relationship with your boss. As a secretary, he or she must show the typewriting and this new inventory competencies require of secretaries.
According to (Ezinwa and Agomuo 2000) a secretary staff in an office with the profession qualifications of secretaries and equipped practice, mainly shorthand and typewriter that is under women with the work of every other person in the organization (Ani 2001).
According to him in the business world and essentials link in the diversification duty activities of an organization, the pivot around which organization activities rotate, the contact between the various aims are or variable goods and services to customers. The challenges encountered by married female secretaries staff in their work places varies from one business organization to another or even the employees policy toward employment, promotion, training and advancement discriminate to customers.
In some business organizations, promotion policy of private and other business organization and other minatory affect them because some employees believes that women are efficient without effective because of one biological problem or another. Some of them experience sexual harassment form their supervisor to avoid dint on their married status and reputation may lead them to quit their job where as it is obliged those secretarial staff must cordially relate to their supervisor to maintain their job in movement of the official duties. Despite this, some employed abuse this honor and expose these staff to problem.
A secretary who works with he boss dismisses late form her work because her special dusty in business through the attitude or the reaction of the boss and junior staff or their executive. This can be because of official duty, which might lead to travel outside owerri but through the condition of their marital status and the biological career, they could not be the change range of ways in which gender discrimination is manifest in the world within the departments.
Therefore it is against this challenges that this study was undertaken to determine the challenges that face married secretaries staff in owerri municipal local government area.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Modern office machine and equipment: Automation are always a threat to most secretaries these days. A Secretary who was trained with manual typewriter is face with the word processor and the computer in a modern office. This is the challenge a beginning secretary will face she is to understand and co-operate with the boss. The female married secretary should cope with office procedure or else she will loose her job. The female married secretarial staff think they get frustrated when they set back to ask question to the senior staff.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following questions will help in solving the research problems.
i. Which secretarial function posed challenges to married female secretaries in selected business in owerri metropolis?
ii. How the human relation competencies do posed challenges to married female secretaries in selected business organizations in owerri metropolis?
iii. Does marital status of female secretaries affect occupational decision and performance?
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of the study is to evaluate the challenges and problem faced by married female secretaries in selected business organization in owerri metropolis specifically, the study will find out:
1. Whether the secretarial function of married female secretarial staff in selected business in owerri metropolis pose a problem to them
2. Determine whether their human relations competencies are affected by marital obligation in selected business in owerri metropolis.
3. Determine the factors responsible for these challenges.
4. To proffer solutions to the problems facing married female secretaries in selected business.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is significant in its attempt in bringing out the challenges of married female secretaries and additional information that extent the frontiers of knowledge in the secretarial profession as well as education. It will reveal to the married secretaries how their irregularities affect their performance and the organization as a whole. It will go no long way in helping the married female secretaries in selected business organization in owerri metropolis know how the perform their human relations function.
This study will also reveal the cause of poor performance in secretarial functions of married female secretaries in selected business organization in owerri metropolis.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this research borders around the challenges facing the married female secretaries in discharging the important duties of a secretary. Why men are scared of following their wives to remain secretaries or proposing marriage to the unmarried.
The researcher will investigate the challenge facing the married female secretaries and to proper suggestion.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This project work attempted to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess reference to ABC Transport Company Distric...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 238 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT Beginning secretaries have encountered so many difficulties in the performance of their duties in modern offices. In the past, many secretari...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 222 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. OFFICE TECHNOLOGY SKILLS PREFERRED BY EMPLOYERS IN SOME SELECTED BUSINESS ORGANIZATION IN ABIA STATE» ABSTRACT This research work was carried out on the office technological skills preferred by employers in some selected business organization in Abia s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 276 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. THE IMPACT OF THE INTERNET SERVICES ON OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT PROFESSION IN SELECTED BUSINESS ORGANIZATION IN ENUGU METROPOLIS, ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to find out the impact of internet services on Office Technology and Management Profession. This research covers the...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 275 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT Leakages of confidential information are an action or result of disclosing of secret information. While record is a document preserving piece...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 261 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. THE EFFECT OF THE STUDY ENVIRONMENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIAL STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI)» ABSTRACT This research work is on the effect of study environment on the performance of secretarial students. It aimed on its organization and at the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 264 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. ANALYSES OF THE EFFECT OF BOSS/SECRETARY RELATIONSHIP ON STAFF MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY IN SELECTED ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE» ABSTRACT This project on “Analyses of the effect of Boss/Secretary Relationship on Staff Management and Productivity in Selected Establishment i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 361 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. A FOLLOW-UP STUDY ON THE PROFICIENCY FO THE NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) SECRETARIAL STUDIES GRADUATES OF THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNICS NEKEDE OWERRI» ABTRACT This work has been designed to look at the performance and jobs motivation and job satisfaction in five selected organizations and parastastal...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 283 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. THE PERCEPTIONS OF STUDENTS TOWARDS THE INTRODUCTION OF CREDIT IN MATHEMATICS FOR ADMINISTRATION INTO OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to find out the perception of study towards the introduction of credit in mathematics for administration into office...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 245 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This research study focuses on an investigation into the challenges facing the newly employed secretaries in selected Ministries in Imo State...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 256 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES