Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The major purpose of this study was to determine the challenges facing married female secretaries in their work places in selected business organization in owerri metropolis.
The population of the study consisted of 40 married female secretarial staff form the selected organizations. The entire population was used for the study. The research question were posed to guide the study A-30 items structured questionnaire was developed and validated percentage was used to answer the research questions.
The major facts of the secretaries were confidential and personnel secretaries were only the type of secretary in the elected business organizations who were married female secretaries. The married female secretaries staff has ignored to put in practice their duties, responsibilities and qualities of a good secretary and this posed to affect them in their work palce
Family problems have reflected to the challenges that confronted them in their work places, which makes them not working as expected.
It was recommended that secretaries should reaffirm their duties, responsibilities and qualification should not be overlooked in their tenor.
Finally. Employers should device a means of training their secretaries in all areas, giving adequate motivation to them and ensuring genuine human relation respectively.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In every profession there is lot of challenges facing the staff depending on their profession fields. To every profession. There is lots of challenges facing them form one department to another. In higher institutions or universities, the challenges facing them both male and female workers are the workers or lecture feel cheated, when the are talking about the hierarchy people that are controlling them feel they are higher then they are by either profession or qualifications.
In a lay man language, a secretary is one who assists the boss in taking down the minutes of the meeting, writing letters. Filling incoming and outgoing correspondence of an organization.
A secretary should relate the function of the office to the whole organization. She should appropriate action independently when accurate records of proceedings and relives and relieves executive of various administrative details, coordinate and maintains effective office procedure set by employee, establishes and maintain harmonious working relationship with superior co-workers, subordinates, customers and clients and supplies. Ohakwe (2004).
According to (Njoku 2006) a secretary’s effort alone cannot help to improve your relationship with your boss. As a secretary, he or she must show the typewriting and this new inventory competencies require of secretaries.
According to (Ezinwa and Agomuo 2000) a secretary staff in an office with the profession qualifications of secretaries and equipped practice, mainly shorthand and typewriter that is under women with the work of every other person in the organization (Ani 2001).
According to him in the business world and essentials link in the diversification duty activities of an organization, the pivot around which organization activities rotate, the contact between the various aims are or variable goods and services to customers. The challenges encountered by married female secretaries staff in their work places varies from one business organization to another or even the employees policy toward employment, promotion, training and advancement discriminate to customers.
In some business organizations, promotion policy of private and other business organization and other minatory affect them because some employees believes that women are efficient without effective because of one biological problem or another. Some of them experience sexual harassment form their supervisor to avoid dint on their married status and reputation may lead them to quit their job where as it is obliged those secretarial staff must cordially relate to their supervisor to maintain their job in movement of the official duties. Despite this, some employed abuse this honor and expose these staff to problem.
A secretary who works with he boss dismisses late form her work because her special dusty in business through the attitude or the reaction of the boss and junior staff or their executive. This can be because of official duty, which might lead to travel outside owerri but through the condition of their marital status and the biological career, they could not be the change range of ways in which gender discrimination is manifest in the world within the departments.
Therefore it is against this challenges that this study was undertaken to determine the challenges that face married secretaries staff in owerri municipal local government area.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Modern office machine and equipment: Automation are always a threat to most secretaries these days. A Secretary who was trained with manual typewriter is face with the word processor and the computer in a modern office. This is the challenge a beginning secretary will face she is to understand and co-operate with the boss. The female married secretary should cope with office procedure or else she will loose her job. The female married secretarial staff think they get frustrated when they set back to ask question to the senior staff.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following questions will help in solving the research problems.
i. Which secretarial function posed challenges to married female secretaries in selected business in owerri metropolis?
ii. How the human relation competencies do posed challenges to married female secretaries in selected business organizations in owerri metropolis?
iii. Does marital status of female secretaries affect occupational decision and performance?
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of the study is to evaluate the challenges and problem faced by married female secretaries in selected business organization in owerri metropolis specifically, the study will find out:
1. Whether the secretarial function of married female secretarial staff in selected business in owerri metropolis pose a problem to them
2. Determine whether their human relations competencies are affected by marital obligation in selected business in owerri metropolis.
3. Determine the factors responsible for these challenges.
4. To proffer solutions to the problems facing married female secretaries in selected business.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is significant in its attempt in bringing out the challenges of married female secretaries and additional information that extent the frontiers of knowledge in the secretarial profession as well as education. It will reveal to the married secretaries how their irregularities affect their performance and the organization as a whole. It will go no long way in helping the married female secretaries in selected business organization in owerri metropolis know how the perform their human relations function.
This study will also reveal the cause of poor performance in secretarial functions of married female secretaries in selected business organization in owerri metropolis.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this research borders around the challenges facing the married female secretaries in discharging the important duties of a secretary. Why men are scared of following their wives to remain secretaries or proposing marriage to the unmarried.
The researcher will investigate the challenge facing the married female secretaries and to proper suggestion.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The importance and sensitive position of a secretary in an organization can never be over emphasi...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 251 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project work attempted to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess reference to ABC Transport Company Distric...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 406 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. FACTORS THAT AFFECT THE EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN IMO STATE CIVIL SERVICE (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTRIES OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY AND, EDU...» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Ministries of Commerce and Industry and , Ministries of Education is indeed among the best ministries i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 473 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. OFFICE INFORMATION SKILL AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM SKILL NEEDED BY A SECRETARY IN TODAY’S BUSINESS» ABSTRACT The researcher aim at knowing the detail of office information an communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 333 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project was aimed at exploring the factors affecting the productivity of secretaries in the civil service of the Imo. The research quest...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 498 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. THE EFFECT OF SECRETARIAL MANPOWER ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ESTABLISHMENT) AND MICHELIN NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU» ABSTRACT This research work the effect of secretarial manpower is divided into five chapters, each chapter dealing with a particular aspect of his res...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 327 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s national and international buiness world, information is a price less commod...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 284 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MARRIED FEMALE OFFICE MANAGERS IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BANK)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the problems and prospects of married female office managers in business organizations. The population consisted ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 443 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. LEADERSHIP TRAITS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY ABA AREA, ABIA STATE)» Abstract This research project looked into leadership traits required of secretaries. The questionnaire was the investment use to data collection. The...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 328 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The act of Communication is the most important of all human activities. Is a fact that all hu...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 279 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES