Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 28 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
20 samples of cooked cassava purchased from one Dattawa market Maraban Jos market Kwanan Farakwai market Zangon Aya market selected area in Igabi local government area of Kaduna state was analysed for bacterial load. Using pour plate and streak meths of isolation. The shape of the bacteria observed by gram staining are cocci and staphylococci. The following are bacteria count; Dattawa market (13.0 x 10-5 to 22.0 x 10-5), Maraban Jos (15.0 x 10-5 to 21.0 x 10-5), Kwanan farakwai (9.5 x 10-5 to 12.0 x 10-5) and Zango Aya market (6.6 x 10-5 to 14.0 x 10-5) respectively. The highest bacteria count was from Dattawa market and lowest was from Zango Aya market. Cassava grown in areas that are contaminated or not contaminated, it should be properly handled and processed hygienically to obtain hygienic products there after.
1.0 GENERAL SCOPE
Cassava (Manihot Esculenta crantz) is a perennial plant that belongs to the family euphorbia cede. Its large starchy sweet flavor, tuberous root are a consumed as vegetable. Cassava crop is grown through out the tropical areas of Africa (Adenja et al, 2005). In many African countries; the crop is grown by the native people as a staple food. Cassava crop requires minimal fertilizers, pesticides and water. (Charles et al, 2004). Cassava can be harvested any time from 8-24 months after planting, it can be left in the ground as a safe guard against unexpected food shortage (Montagnac et al, 2009). Cassava is a root vegetable widely consumed in developing countries. It provides some important nutrients and starch, which may have health benefits (Charles et al, 2004). Cassava processing is expanding at the expense of other crops due to its relatively lower demand for inputs labour and nature. And more so, due to the encouragement and agitation by the federal government of Nigeria for export purpose as a source of revenue for the country (okogbeniny et al, 2012).
Nigeria has been recognized as the largest producers of the crop in west Africa (nweke, 2000) cassava root is normally processed before consumption as a means of detoxification, preservation and modification and there are various cassava product which include “Gari, Fufu and otherwise known as Akpu and Lafun” (Hudson et al, 2003).
Traditional, cassava is processed before consumption. Processing is necessary for several reasons. First it serves as means of removing or reducing the potentially toxic cyanogenic glucosides present in fresh cassava.
Second, it serves as a means of preservation. Third, processing yields products that have different characteristics which creates variety in cassava diets.
1.1 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Ø To investigate the microbial load (bacteria) in the cooked and hawked cassava sold within Igabi Local Government
Ø To educate consumer about the effect of such microbes to health.
Ø Suggest more hygienic way of processing such hawked cassava product.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SCIENCE & ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A MATHEMATICAL MODEL FOR PREDICTION OF THE STRENGTH OF SANCRETE CEMENT BLOCK [APPLICATION OF HENRY SCHEFFE’S AND OSADEBE’S CONCRETE OPTIMISATION ...» Abstract Sandcrete blocks are prismatic units manufactured from lean (sand cement) mortar mixes and are the predominant walling materials used in buil...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE REPORT Gustav Robert Kirchhoff was a German physicist born on March 12 1824 in Konigsberg Prussia; Gust...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATING THE ESSENCE OF PACKING IN SAFE GUARDING EXHIBITION ITEMS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF PRINTING TECHNOLOGY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The construction industry has many features which set it apart from other industries and whic...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Improper disposal of commodity plastics e.g. polyethylene (PE) in the environment causes land pollution, soil infertility, is unsightly and p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The largest environmental challenge that Nigeria is facing today is water scarcity. Current water use already exceeds renewable supply. Many ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A digital system handles digital process and generates digital signals rather than the continuous...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Building construction sites are most times very hazardous due to the bulk and types of materials and equipment employed towards the realizati...Continue Reading »
8. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF STUDENTS ACADEMIC CONCEPTS USING JAMB SCORES AND CGPA, (A CASE OF BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI)» ABSTRACT This research compare the students’ academic performance using JAMB scores and CGPA in Benue state University Makurdi, and the level at...Continue Reading »
9. PRODIGIOSIN ENCAPSULATED POLY LACTIDE-CO-GLYCOLIDE (PLGA)-COATED STENT FOR CORONARY CARDIOVASCULAR INTERVENTIONS» ABSTRACT This research focuses on the design of a robust but flexible prodigiosin eluting stent coating for possible coronary cardiovascular implant. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study According to the modified European Directive 75/442 a solid waste is any substance or object in t...Continue Reading »