Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 17 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦2,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A digital system handles digital process and generates digital signals rather than the continuous varying analog signals. Digital signals have only two states. The number of these two states is represented by two voltage bands, one near a reference value and the other near the supply voltage. These correspond to the false and true value of the Boolean domain.
Digital electronic circuit are usually made from a large assemblies of logic gates following the rules of Boolean mathematics, hence this project research work is designed to generate, process and display digital signals numerically known as digital counter. Counters find use as time keeping devices in many fields, such as sports.
Measuring the passage of time with manmade devices represents one of the known accomplishments of modern human civilization with several thousand years of tradition of the time measuring, inventors and engineers of the 18th and 19th century finally got the chance to create a device capable of measuring elapsed time from the moment of activation. This device is the counter. The first mentioning of the device that can measure standard time but also has ability to use counter features came from 1776 by a Frenchman Jean-Meyespauzai, in the early 1970s digital counter being used in official sporting events ushering the new era of extremely precise time measuring device. Today, counter functions can be found in many areas.
1.2 PROBLEM STATEMENT
Most constructed digital counter in the department by previous students can only be activated manually by the use of a button and switch but cannot be operated automatically by sensing in respect to this problem and innovation was added to improve on this problem.
1.3 PROJECT AIM AND OBJECTIVES
In general, the aim objective of this construction work is to demonstrate how counter can be multiplex to do counting operation.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The project work is focused on the construction of a digital counter the can be used in a hall to count the number of people entering and going out. This project cannot be used as a standard time machine to show the standard time in real time. It can only be used to show only elapsed time. Furthermore, then maximum time count is only limited to 9999 or 166 minutes. The circuit does not display actual time but rather the count of clock pulses.
1.5 PROJECT METHODOLOGY
This project research work was achieved using the block diagram shown in figure 1.1
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SCIENCE & ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE CONTRACT PLANNING ON CONTRACTORS PROFIT (A CASE STUDY OF JULIUS BERGER NIGERIA PLC, ABUJA)» ABSTRACT Effective contract planning in construction projects is not only crucial to attainment of project objectives but necessary if project failure...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 1,177 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
2. ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY ON THE GROWTH OF LITHOGRAHIC PRINTING PRESSES IN KADUNA TOWN» Abstract Printing industry among others has been affected by technological changes, most especially in the lithographic printing presses. Therefore, t...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 133 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The role of transportation in the development of tourism has been and continues to be a controversial issue, it is controvers...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 775 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT The largest environmental challenge that Nigeria is facing today is water scarcity. Current water use already exceeds renewable supply. Many ...Continue Reading »
30 pages | 134 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
5. PRODIGIOSIN ENCAPSULATED POLY LACTIDE-CO-GLYCOLIDE (PLGA)-COATED STENT FOR CORONARY CARDIOVASCULAR INTERVENTIONS» ABSTRACT This research focuses on the design of a robust but flexible prodigiosin eluting stent coating for possible coronary cardiovascular implant. ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 445 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
6. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF STUDENTS ACADEMIC CONCEPTS USING JAMB SCORES AND CGPA, (A CASE OF BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI)» ABSTRACT This research compare the students’ academic performance using JAMB scores and CGPA in Benue state University Makurdi, and the level at...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 520 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
7. MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION OF THE PERFORMANCE PROPERTIES OF SELECTED LOCALLY PRODUCED LUBRICANTS (ENGINE OIL)» ABSTRACT The performance of the oils selected in this work was tested for considering Viscosity, Viscosity Index, Density, Flash Point, Pour Point, an...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 37 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE REPORT Gustav Robert Kirchhoff was a German physicist born on March 12 1824 in Konigsberg Prussia; Gust...Continue Reading »
15 pages | 143 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
9. A MATHEMATICAL MODEL FOR PREDICTION OF THE STRENGTH OF SANCRETE CEMENT BLOCK [APPLICATION OF HENRY SCHEFFE’S AND OSADEBE’S CONCRETE OPTIMISATION ...» Abstract Sandcrete blocks are prismatic units manufactured from lean (sand cement) mortar mixes and are the predominant walling materials used in buil...Continue Reading »
126 pages | 32 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT Building construction sites are most times very hazardous due to the bulk and types of materials and equipment employed towards the realizati...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 144 hits | Source: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING