Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Printing industry among others has been affected by technological changes, most especially in the lithographic printing presses. Therefore, this project gives insightful information about assessing the impact of modern technologies on the growth of lithographic printing presses in the printing industry of Kaduna town. The purpose of this study is to identify modern technologies in use in lithographic printing presses in Kaduna town, to examine how the modern technologies in used as affected the growth of lithographic printing presses in Kaduna town and lastly, to examine the challenges associated with the use of modern technologies on the growth of lithographic printing presses in Kaduna town. Description survey research design was adopted for the study. Printing press operators and printing organization in Kaduna Town constitute the population and area of the study respectively. The instrument used for data collection was analyzed by the use of simple percentage and mean. Analyses from this study have shown that there has been tremendous improvement in the print standard and profit potential of the printing business as a result of the introduction of these modern technologies in the printing world. Recommendation of the study include government should provide the industry with regular power supply, provide training institutions for operators and printing practitioners to have adequate knowledge on the modern technologies available in the printing world. And lastly operator
1.1 Background of the Study
Every organization or business is established for the sole purpose of making direct positive impact to the development of the society and in return to develop itself by growing from one level to another and increase profit making. The growth occurs as a result of keeping abreast of the fact, which is discovering new ways or technologies to grow business and render services in order to make lasting impact in the society.
The printing industry is not exempted from the above stated fact. The printing industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the word and it among many industries that are force to deal with technological change. Today, many if not all the craft tradition are in retreat, as these modern technologies are rapidly transforming the printing processes from the traditional method to the modern electronic method, especially in the lithographic printing presses. The lithographic printing presses available in Kaduna printing industries still find it difficult to meet up with the required quality expected from print products due to the challenges put in place with the modern lithographic presses in the printing market. Examples, of such qualities are faster print, quality prints, accuracy and meeting delivery time. Although, technology has played a very vital role in today’s printing activities but it as a less impact to the Kaduna printing industries. It has been observed that most printing work that are supposed to be printed in Kaduna town are been taking to other state to be printed due to lack of these modern technology that are not available in Kaduna printing industry.
Technologies such as CTP, CPC, and New Dampening system incorporated on lithographic presses which are now available to perfect printing product. The computer to plate solutions as offer the flexibility today’s market place demands, speed, quality and affordability.
The digital age which began with the introduction of personal computer followed by many subsequent technologies changes the word forever. Printing is no exception.
In 1993, Agfa claims to have introduced the first computer to plate (CTP) imaging technology eliminating the need for dark room processes. Early CTP technology, however, has continued to evolve. Today’s CTP systems have become the go-to standard in the pre-press and printing industries.
Compute to plate solutions have also made printing more affordable and print production more effective.
As a result of CTP technologies, the market trend among graphic art demand faster turn-around-time and shorter run-length. “Print on demand” has become a common phrase in the digital word. Last-minute change not given a second thought anymore. The flexibility CTP solution offer is critical for printers to survive market place demand today. It is also expected from consumers who want speed, quality and affordability when it comes to their printing needs. And computer print control (CPC) which is an extendable system for Heidelberg web and sheet feed offset presses reaching in its overall concept from plate image reader via ink and register control to quality. The CPC system is incorporated on the modern lithographic printing presses which offset added advantages to print products, such as reducing make ready time, paper wastage and gives better and more uniform printing quality. The CPC varies in sizes in the performing difference task ranging from CPC 1-01, CPC 1-02 and CPC 1-03. The CPC has colorimeter, scantronic and densitometer which give perfect print production.
The Kaduna printing industries still find it difficult to find a lasting solution to these problems by investing on these modern lithographic printing presses so as to remain competitive in the global printing market. Today printing as gone beyond the conventional method in other to satisfy prints buyers because when it comes to printing, customers wants are numerous in terms of quality, quantity and standard which all these old lithographic presses can no longer meet up the again. The printing as a whole, as generally been undergoing enormous structural and technological changes, ultra efficient workflow solution and effective business development in other to grow the printing industry. Modern technological impact on the lithographic printing press section as not been too effective to Kaduna printing industry due to the inability to have these modern technologies.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Growth of the printing industry will differ among different section in the printing industry largely because of the modern technological changes. Printing usually done with old printing presses to achieve print products can now be achieve through modern lithographic presses so as to achieve faster, quality print and timely delivery. The problem face with the printing industries in Kaduna town is the inability of the printers to satisfy customer or prints buyers wants.
The researcher intends to embark on this research to discover how lithographic printing presses have been able to grow as a result of these modern technological changes.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The general objective of this study is to "Assess the impact of modern technologies on the growth of lithographic printing presses in Kaduna town". Specifically this study is set out to
1. Identity the modern Technologies in used on lithographic Printing Presses in Kaduna town.
2. Examine how the modern technologies in used as affected the growth of lithographic printing presses in Kaduna town.
3. Examine the challenges associated with the use of modern technologies on the growth of lithographic printing presses in Kaduna town.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The printing industry as a whole has generally been undergoing enormous technological changes for several years and these changes have affected the traditional or conventional printing sector. The integration of the modern technologies into the existing product/system represents the greatest challenges.
This project is an attempt to highlight on how the automation of lithographic presses can be of benefit to the printing industry in Kaduna town.
1. The training institution: For example, Kaduna Polytechnic will benefit by using the finding from this research to improve the knowledge of student on the modern lithographic printing presses that are available in the printing Industry.
2. It will be of benefit to the printing industry to know the effect of modern lithographic presses so as to remain competitive in the printing market.
3. It will also help the consumers of prints buyers to get value for their money. High quality job will be produced when needed as a result of print product manufacturers putting the findings of this research to practice, that is, by implementing and installing the modern lithographic presses into their printing production system.
4. Finally, it will help on how to know the modern technology available and how they can be acquire in other to meet printing products standard.
5. It will be of great benefits to machine minders/operators in order to improve their ability to produce better, faster and quality print that may be demanded from them. It will also reduce the labour intensity of the operators because it gives easier operation of the presses relieving the press man from routine work.
1.5 Research Questions
1. What are the Modern Technologies in use on lithographic Printing presses?
2. What effects has usage of modern technologies contributed to the growth of lithographic printing presses in Kaduna town?
3. What are the challenges associated with the use of modern technologies on the growth of lithographic printing presses in Kaduna town?
1.6 Delimitation of the Study
This research work focuses on assessing the impact of modern technologies on the growth of lithographic printing press section of the printing industry in Kaduna town. This finding of this study will primarily be used on the data collected from the printing films at the printing village in Kaduna North local government area of Kaduna state.
1.7 Defination of Term
C P C: Computer print control is an extendable system for Heidelberg web and sheet feed offset lithographic presses reaching its overall concept from plate image reader via monitoring and control.
C T P: Computer to plate if an imaging used in modern lithographic printing processes in this technology, an image created on a desktop publishing (DTP) application is output directly to printing plate.
Lithography: is a process of printing from a flat surface treated so as to repel the ink except where it is required for printing.
Printing Press: is a mechanical device applying pressure to an inked surface resting upon a print medium, thereby transferring the ink.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SCIENCE & ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION OF THE PERFORMANCE PROPERTIES OF SELECTED LOCALLY PRODUCED LUBRICANTS (ENGINE OIL)» ABSTRACT The performance of the oils selected in this work was tested for considering Viscosity, Viscosity Index, Density, Flash Point, Pour Point, an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The role of transportation in the development of tourism has been and continues to be a controversial issue, it is controvers...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATING THE ESSENCE OF PACKING IN SAFE GUARDING EXHIBITION ITEMS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF PRINTING TECHNOLOGY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The construction industry has many features which set it apart from other industries and whic...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A digital system handles digital process and generates digital signals rather than the continuous...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Building construction sites are most times very hazardous due to the bulk and types of materials and equipment employed towards the realizati...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE CONTRACT PLANNING ON CONTRACTORS PROFIT (A CASE STUDY OF JULIUS BERGER NIGERIA PLC, ABUJA)» ABSTRACT Effective contract planning in construction projects is not only crucial to attainment of project objectives but necessary if project failure...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The largest environmental challenge that Nigeria is facing today is water scarcity. Current water use already exceeds renewable supply. Many ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE REPORT Gustav Robert Kirchhoff was a German physicist born on March 12 1824 in Konigsberg Prussia; Gust...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Improper disposal of commodity plastics e.g. polyethylene (PE) in the environment causes land pollution, soil infertility, is unsightly and p...Continue Reading »
10. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF STUDENTS ACADEMIC CONCEPTS USING JAMB SCORES AND CGPA, (A CASE OF BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI)» ABSTRACT This research compare the students’ academic performance using JAMB scores and CGPA in Benue state University Makurdi, and the level at...Continue Reading »