Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 94 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
All the various stages of construction rely on professionals transferring appropriate and relevant information to develop a buildable design that meets the client’s requirements. As the project unfolds and the design is realized, information in the form of drawings, specifications and construction methods must be communicated from one expert to another. This study’s aim to find out the factor that causes communication barriers in the construction industry. A cross sectional descriptive study design was used and 100 professionals from the construction industry were selected using a non-probability convenience sampling technique. Statistical package for social sciences (SPSS Version 20) was used for the analysis. Data was summarized using frequency tables and graphic presentation. Chi-square test was used to test the association between the predictor variable and the outcome variable. P-value was set at P < 0.05. The research sampled 82 professionals working with consultant, project clients and contractors. The research established that within the Nigerian construction industry there have been many barriers to communication on construction project in Nigeria and the inherent factors that influences the occurrence of this barriers was also determine which includes: Badly expressed message, Adopting to the behaviour of a group, Limited vocabulary, Environment, Job dissatisfaction, Pronunciation, Disturbing moment, Religious beliefs, Time schedule pressure, Ethics, Social differences, Body language, Gestures, Ascent, Grammar, and Unconscious incompetence. The relationship between communication barriers and the factors that influences its occurrence was established. Finally the research established that poor communication as a result of barriers to communication had resulted in project delayed, project cost overrun, poor project quality and affects workers safety on site.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Construction industry is one of the most booming industries in the world. It is mainly urban
based and is concerned with preparation as well as construction of real estate properties. The
repairing of any existing building or the making of certain alterations in the same building also
comes under the construction industry. The construction industry accounts for around one-third
of the world’s gross domestic product, seven percent of employment, half of all resource usage
and up to forty percent of energy consumption. The construction industry is also a key indicator
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR QUANTITY SURVEYING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE ON THE PERFORMANCE OF QUANTITY SURVEYING FIRMS IN NIGERIA» Abstract This study is on an assessment of the effect of organizational culture on the performance of quantity surveying firms in Nigeria. The total p...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF COMPETITIVE BIDDING STRATEGY ON THE COST OF PUBLIC CONSTRUCTION WORKS IN AKWA IBOMSTATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Tables Title Page Cover Page = = = = = = = = = i Title Page = = = = = = = = = ii Declaration = = = = = = = = = iii Certification = =...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study In nearly all contract types, the preparation of a realistic cost estimates is a necessary part of any buildin...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS INDEX TITLE PAGE Cover Page i Title Page ii Declaration iii Certification iv Approval Page v Dedication vi Acknowledgement vii Table...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Lack of in depth knowledge of whole life costing implication in building design cost management has over the years fueled the increasing bias...Continue Reading »
6. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF ORGANISATIONAL CULTURE ON THE PERFORMANCE OF QUANTITY SURVEYING FIRMS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the assessment of the effect of organizational culture on the performance of quantity surveying firms in ...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF TECHNOLOGY IN THE FIELD OF QUANTITY SURVEYING AND HOW IT AFFECT COST, LABOUR AND TIME» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The construction industry has recently witnessed a paradigm shift from traditional paper based me...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) USES AT PRE-CONTRACT STAGE OF BUILDING PROJECTS IN AKWA IBOM STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Every construction process requires heavy exchange of data and information between project partic...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Shash (1993) explains that a construction company can either negotiate with the client or use a c...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS TABLES TITLE PAGE Cover Page = = = = = = = = = i Title Page = = = = = = = = = ii Declaration = = = = = = = = iii Certification = = =...Continue Reading »