Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 136 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Non utilization of Formal Risk Management Techniques in project delivery by the project team has been identified as one the causes of project failure This prompts the question ‘what factors are responsible?’ This study therefore first presents Risk management in project delivery as it relates to an integrated project team as well as internal issues. It then focuses on formal Risk management techniques and their processes of implementation with a view to revealing the internal and external barriers that inhibit their utilization in project delivery in Abuja Metropolis, Nigeria. A total of 391 questionnaires were distributed to construction firms and stakeholders in ABUJA metropolis but a total of 203 firms responded. Data retrieved were analyzed using descriptive statistics, ANOVA and spearman correlation coefficients. The internal barriers were found to be cost and time intensiveness, argumentative sessions that create riskier stance including subjective judgment that lacks accurate results while the external barriers were found to be lack of risk assessment training in place, lack of collaboration by parties on a project, low level of risk consciousness, ineffective monitoring by heads of firms and lack of historical data across the project team’s spectrum. The study recommends strategies such as improving the grey areas in the implementation processes through research for internal barriers and conducting sensitization, legislation, business regulations and mandatory training to overcome the external barriers.
1.1 Background to the Study
Despite its numerous challenges, it is the Construction Industry that shapes the development
parameters of any nation (Zeiss, 2007). So a firm grasp of the nature and effects of key issues
affecting the Industry is always the beginning of developmental wisdom.
The construction industry is bedeviled with global climate change, aging infrastructure,
shrinking workforce, declining productivity and information island (Akintoye and Macleod,
1997; El-sayeh, 2008; Smith, 1999 Zeiss, 2007; Hillson, 2002; Wang et al., 2004). Gandu and
Musa-Haddary (2007) in their work mentioned high risks and uncertainties as additions to these
In Nigeria, in particular, experts on management studies have lamented the complete neglect of
formal risks m
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR QUANTITY SURVEYING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The construction industry is an importan t part of the economical backbone in many countries (Nga...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 432 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
2. AN APPRAISAL OF THE READINESS OF NIGERIAN BUILDING CONSULTING FIRMS TO ADOPT LEAN CONSTRUCTION PRINCIPLES» ABSTRACT Studies have shown that construction projects are susceptible to problems such as low productivity, poor safety, inferior working conditions,...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 133 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Index Title Page Title page…………………………………………………………..i Declaration……………………...Continue Reading »
47 pages | 190 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
4. EFFECT OF NATIONAL CULTURE ON ORGANISATIONAL LEARNING: PERSPECTIVE ON QUANTITY SURVEYING FIRMS IN AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT Learning remains one of the significant tools for improving performance of the construction sector. Individual quantity surveyors practicing ...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 186 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Certification ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi List of Tables vi List of Figur...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 186 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» ABSTRACT Construction of building projects is an endeavour that involves capital expenditure, which is either borrowed or self financed by clients. Th...Continue Reading »
83 pages | 0 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
7. USE OF ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION MECHANISMS IN THE SETTLEMENT OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECT DISPUTES IN AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT Dispute is a disagreement between two or more individuals or groups over incompatible goals. Without an effective construction dispute resolu...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 185 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
8. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF PRIMARY HEALTH CARE (PHC) BUILDINGS IN THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY (FCT).» ABSTRACT Existing studies have established that the physical characteristics of buildings have significant influence on occupants’ satisfaction....Continue Reading »
126 pages | 446 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» TABLE OF CONTENTS INDEX TITLE PAGE Cover Page i Title Page ii Declaration iii Certification iv Approval Page v Dedication vi Acknowledgement vii Table...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 241 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» ABSTRACT Cost deviations between initial cost plan and final construction cost of building projects are on construction issues in the construction ind...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 508 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING