Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 101 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
With the increase of awareness of mother to child transmission and ways to prevent
the transmission, voluntary counselling and testing has been found to be a useful
tool, and this work was therefore designed to study the factors that influence the
uptake of VCT among pregnant women in Ahmadu Bello University Teaching
A cross-sectional study was conducted using the eligibility criteria in selecting the
221 ANC attendees and the total numbers of health workers in the ANC involved
with PMTCT (10) were taken as sample in the study. Information was obtained
through the use of interviewer- administered questionnaires.
The findings are as follows; a total of 221 ANC attendees were studied.94.6% was
aware of HIV/AIDS, 82.4% had knowledge of mother to child transmission and
81.4% had knowledge about PMTCT. In response to whether they were afraid of
HIV/AIDS, 89.1% said they were afraid of the disease because it was incurable.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CRYPTOSPORIDIOSIS AMONG HIV PATIENTS PRESENTING WITH DIARRHOEA BETWEEN SEPTEMBER TO DECEMBER, 2012 IN SPECIALIST HOSPITAL SOKOTO, NIGERIA.» Summary Diarrhoea remains one of the most important health problems globally and a leading cause of morbidity and mortality among immuno compromised i...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 27 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
2. SEROPREVALENCE OF DENGUE VIRUS AND ASSOCIATED FACTORS AMONG HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS IN KARU LOCAL GOVERNMENT, NASARAWA STATE, NIGERIA» SUMMARY Dengue is a mosquito borne viral infection that causes flu like illness which can develop into a potentially lethal complication such as dengu...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 23 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background to the Study Since the early 1980s when the first case of HIV infection was diagnosed in the United States of A...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 573 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
4. EFFECT AND IMPLICATION OF FLUORIDE ON DRINKING WELL WATER (A CASE STUDY OF IREE COMMUNITY, BORIPE LOCAL GOVERNMENT, OSUN STATE)» ABSTRACT Analysis of well water sample was carried out using colorimetric method to determine the amount of fluoride in fifteen wells water samples in...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 490 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
5. COST EFFECTIVENESS ANALYSIS OF MICROSCOPIC OBSERVATION DRUG SUSCEPTIBILITY ASSAY VERSUS GENEXPERT MTB/ RIF IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS ...» SUMMARY Patients with HIV experience high mortality and severe morbidity if co infected with tuberculosis. This is especially true in countries of sub...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 28 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The World Health Organization (WHO) has shown that early diagnosis of cancer greatly affects trea...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 531 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
» SUMMARY Water is an important ingredient for life and it is an effective vehicle for the transmission of diseases when contaminated. Therefore every r...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 26 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
8. BIRTH PREPAREDNESS AND EMERGENCY READINESS PLANS OF ANTENATAL CLINIC ATTENDEES IN AMAKU GENERAL HOSPITAL AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Background: Maternal mortality is an enormous public health burden in developing countries of the world. Birth preparedness and emergency rea...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 107 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
9. THE PATTERN AND DETERMINANTS OF PRE-HYPERTENSION AMONG ADULTS ATTENDING GENERAL OUTPATIENT CLINIC OF SPECIALIST HOSPITAL BAUCHI» SUMMARY Like hypertension, adults with prehypertension are known to have higher prevalence of other cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors, with ab...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 26 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
10. FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH ASYMPTOMATIC MALARIA PARASITAEMIA AMONG WOMEN ATTENDING ANTENATAL CLINIC IN GENERAL HOSPITAL NASSARAWA-EGGON, NASARAWA STATE, ...» ABSTRACT Asymptomatic malaria parasitaemia in pregnancy is a major public health challenge responsible for significant morbidity and mortality in ende...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 20 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH