Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Diabetes mellitus is a disease in which blood vessels of glucose (sugar) are high because the body does not produce or properly use insulin. There are two major forms of diabetes mellitus. Type 1 diabetes develops when the pancreas does not produce insulin. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body cell resist insulin’s effect (Microsoft Encarta, 2009). This condition leads to elevated levels of blood glucose. The normal range of blood glucose level for blood glucose level is between 70-110mg/dl. Insulin is a hormone that helps to maintain normal blood glucose level by making the body’s cell absorbs glucose (sugar) so that it can be as a source of energy. In people with diabetes glucose levels build up in the blood and urine causing excessive urination, thirst, hunger and problems with fats and protein metabolism because the body cannot convert glucose into energy, it begins to break down stored fats for fuel. This produces increasing amounts of acidic compounds in the blood called ketone bodies which interfere with cellular respiration energy producing process in cells. Alloxan induces diabetes mellitus in rats. Alloxan, a beta cytotoxin, induces diabetes in a wide variety of animal species through damage of insulin secreting cell. In these animals, with characteristic similar to type 1 diabetes in humans. Hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia are common complications of diabetes mellitus. (Rerup, C. C. 1999).
Senna tora (originally described by Linne as cassia tora) is a legume in the subfamily caesalpiniodeae. It grows wild in most of the tropics and is considered a weed in many places. Its native range is not well known but probably South Asia. It is often confused with Chinese senna or sickle pods obtusifolia. If it is given a distinct common name at all, it is called sickle wild sensitive plant (nature serve, 200). It has a widely ranging tropical and the agro climatic conditions, which are conducive for introducing and domesticating new and exotic plant varieties. The use of the plants, plant extracts and pure compounds isolated from natural sources provided the foundation to modern pharmaceutical compounds. An ethno botanical search on fine species senna within and around Ogbomoso, Oyo state, Nigeria showed their relevance in the local herbal medicine. In the recent study, screening for hypoglycemic activity of the extract of senna tora was conducted to provide support for the use of this plant as traditional medicine. Phytochemical screening provides knowledge of the chemical constituents of this not only for the discovery of new therapeutic agents, but also for information in discovering new sources of other materials. The uses of senna tora include the following, used as liver stimulant, mild laxative, heart tonic, used in treatment of fever, used to treat eczema and dermatomycosis, etc.
1.1 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH
Therefore the goal of the study is to:
1. To determining the blood glucose levels of normal and Alloxan induced diabetic rats.
2. To determine the effects of senna tora leaves extract on the blood glucose levels of the diabetic albino rats.
3. To compare values before and after induction with Alloxan and senna tora leaves.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF SAFE MOTHERHOOD PRACTICES AMONG WOMEN RECEIVING ANTE NATAL CARE IN NKPOR URBAN, ANAMBRA STATE NIGERIA.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY: Making motherhood safe is a topical global issue of public health challenge especially in develo...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF THE KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICES RELATED TO THE TREATMENT AND PREVENTION OF LYMPHATIC FILARIASIS AMONG THE ADULT RESIDENTS OF BOKKO...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The term “lymphatic filariasis” covers infections with three closely related nematode worms wuchereria bancrofti,...Continue Reading »
3. BASELINE ANTIBODY TITRE TO SALMONELLA TYPHI AND SALMONELLA PARATYPHI A AMONG APPARENTLY HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Typhoid fever is endemic in the tropics and sub tropical regions of the world. It is a major public health problem in most developing countri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Antibiotics account for the most commonly prescribed drugs in the hospital setting. Inappropriate an...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Diabetic nephropathy accounts for a significant reduction in life expectancy of diabetic patients. Diabetic patients with microalbuminuria ha...Continue Reading »
6. ACCEPTANCE OF WOMEN OF CHILD BEARING AGE TO FAMILY PLANNING IN NARAYI COMMUNITY OF KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» Background of the Study Family planning is one of the most important interventions in reproductive healthcare as it contributes to the improvement of ...Continue Reading »
7. PREVENTION AND TREATMENT RESPONSIVENESS OF CAREGIVERS OF UNDER-5 YEAR OLDS, TOWARDS DIARRHEA ILLNESS, IN DAYCARE CENTERS, IN ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE, NIG...» ABSTRACT Diarrhea is a deadly disease affecting both young and old, however causing high morbidity and mortality in children under the age of five yea...Continue Reading »
8. CRYPTOSPORIDIOSIS AMONG HIV PATIENTS PRESENTING WITH DIARRHOEA BETWEEN SEPTEMBER TO DECEMBER, 2012 IN SPECIALIST HOSPITAL SOKOTO, NIGERIA.» Summary Diarrhoea remains one of the most important health problems globally and a leading cause of morbidity and mortality among immuno compromised i...Continue Reading »
9. CHARACTERISTICS OF NON-COMPLIANT HOUSE-HOLDS DURING NATIONAL IMMUNIZATION PLUS DAYS IN SOKOTO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT In1989, World Health Assembly (WHA) resolved to eradicate poliomyelitis from the world by year 2000. By 2008 only 4 countries were still ende...Continue Reading »
10. INCIDENCE OF GASTRO-ENTERITIS AMONG CHILDREN 1 – 5 YEARS MALALI LOW-COST KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine the incidence of gastro enteritis in Danwaire Street Kaduna South Local Government of Kaduna State of Nig...Continue Reading »