Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Diabetes mellitus is a disease in which blood vessels of glucose (sugar) are high because the body does not produce or properly use insulin. There are two major forms of diabetes mellitus. Type 1 diabetes develops when the pancreas does not produce insulin. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body cell resist insulin’s effect (Microsoft Encarta, 2009). This condition leads to elevated levels of blood glucose. The normal range of blood glucose level for blood glucose level is between 70-110mg/dl. Insulin is a hormone that helps to maintain normal blood glucose level by making the body’s cell absorbs glucose (sugar) so that it can be as a source of energy. In people with diabetes glucose levels build up in the blood and urine causing excessive urination, thirst, hunger and problems with fats and protein metabolism because the body cannot convert glucose into energy, it begins to break down stored fats for fuel. This produces increasing amounts of acidic compounds in the blood called ketone bodies which interfere with cellular respiration energy producing process in cells. Alloxan induces diabetes mellitus in rats. Alloxan, a beta cytotoxin, induces diabetes in a wide variety of animal species through damage of insulin secreting cell. In these animals, with characteristic similar to type 1 diabetes in humans. Hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia are common complications of diabetes mellitus. (Rerup, C. C. 1999).
Senna tora (originally described by Linne as cassia tora) is a legume in the subfamily caesalpiniodeae. It grows wild in most of the tropics and is considered a weed in many places. Its native range is not well known but probably South Asia. It is often confused with Chinese senna or sickle pods obtusifolia. If it is given a distinct common name at all, it is called sickle wild sensitive plant (nature serve, 200). It has a widely ranging tropical and the agro climatic conditions, which are conducive for introducing and domesticating new and exotic plant varieties. The use of the plants, plant extracts and pure compounds isolated from natural sources provided the foundation to modern pharmaceutical compounds. An ethno botanical search on fine species senna within and around Ogbomoso, Oyo state, Nigeria showed their relevance in the local herbal medicine. In the recent study, screening for hypoglycemic activity of the extract of senna tora was conducted to provide support for the use of this plant as traditional medicine. Phytochemical screening provides knowledge of the chemical constituents of this not only for the discovery of new therapeutic agents, but also for information in discovering new sources of other materials. The uses of senna tora include the following, used as liver stimulant, mild laxative, heart tonic, used in treatment of fever, used to treat eczema and dermatomycosis, etc.
1.1 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH
Therefore the goal of the study is to:
1. To determining the blood glucose levels of normal and Alloxan induced diabetic rats.
2. To determine the effects of senna tora leaves extract on the blood glucose levels of the diabetic albino rats.
3. To compare values before and after induction with Alloxan and senna tora leaves.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TIME SERIES ANALYSIS ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF PATIENTS TREATED FOR MALARIA FEVER (BETWEEN 2001 AND 2010) (A CASE STUDY OF COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CENTRE ...» ABSTRACT This project work reveled the rate at which people are infected with malaria the least square method used for analysis showed that people are...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT People in poor countries tend to have less access to health services than those in better off countries, and within countries, the poor have ...Continue Reading »
3. Knowledge and Practice of Breast Self-examination in detection of Breast Cancer Among Female Students of Government Girls Secondary School Damaturu, Y...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Breast cancer is a global health concern and a leading cause of morbidity and mortality among all the...Continue Reading »
4. FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH ASYMPTOMATIC MALARIA PARASITAEMIA AMONG WOMEN ATTENDING ANTENATAL CLINIC IN GENERAL HOSPITAL NASSARAWA-EGGON, NASARAWA STATE, ...» ABSTRACT Asymptomatic malaria parasitaemia in pregnancy is a major public health challenge responsible for significant morbidity and mortality in ende...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF COMMUNITY HEALTH ADMINISTRATION AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN BAYELSA STATE. (A CASE STUDY OF SAGBAMA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This project work on the importance of community health administration and rural development was carried out to find out the importance commu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this project work is to take a look at the development and the rapid growth of modern technology, especially computer technology i...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY Malaria infection during pregnancy is a major health problem with substantial risks for the mother, fetus and the neonate. In Nigeria, malaria...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background to the Study Since the early 1980s when the first case of HIV infection was diagnosed in the United States of A...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The problem of vesico vagina fistula still remains a ravaging scourge in resourcepoor countries of which Nigeria is visibly prominent. A majo...Continue Reading »
10. PREVALENCE AND DETERMINANTS OF HIV RISK BEHAVIOURS AMONG SEAFARERS IN PORT HARCOURT SEAPORT RIVERS STATE» SUMMARY HIV/AIDS in seafaring is a global health issue with adverse effects on the seafarers and the economy at large. In spite of the role of seafari...Continue Reading »