Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Diabetes mellitus is a disease in which blood vessels of glucose (sugar) are high because the body does not produce or properly use insulin. There are two major forms of diabetes mellitus. Type 1 diabetes develops when the pancreas does not produce insulin. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body cell resist insulin’s effect (Microsoft Encarta, 2009). This condition leads to elevated levels of blood glucose. The normal range of blood glucose level for blood glucose level is between 70-110mg/dl. Insulin is a hormone that helps to maintain normal blood glucose level by making the body’s cell absorbs glucose (sugar) so that it can be as a source of energy. In people with diabetes glucose levels build up in the blood and urine causing excessive urination, thirst, hunger and problems with fats and protein metabolism because the body cannot convert glucose into energy, it begins to break down stored fats for fuel. This produces increasing amounts of acidic compounds in the blood called ketone bodies which interfere with cellular respiration energy producing process in cells. Alloxan induces diabetes mellitus in rats. Alloxan, a beta cytotoxin, induces diabetes in a wide variety of animal species through damage of insulin secreting cell. In these animals, with characteristic similar to type 1 diabetes in humans. Hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia are common complications of diabetes mellitus. (Rerup, C. C. 1999).
Senna tora (originally described by Linne as cassia tora) is a legume in the subfamily caesalpiniodeae. It grows wild in most of the tropics and is considered a weed in many places. Its native range is not well known but probably South Asia. It is often confused with Chinese senna or sickle pods obtusifolia. If it is given a distinct common name at all, it is called sickle wild sensitive plant (nature serve, 200). It has a widely ranging tropical and the agro climatic conditions, which are conducive for introducing and domesticating new and exotic plant varieties. The use of the plants, plant extracts and pure compounds isolated from natural sources provided the foundation to modern pharmaceutical compounds. An ethno botanical search on fine species senna within and around Ogbomoso, Oyo state, Nigeria showed their relevance in the local herbal medicine. In the recent study, screening for hypoglycemic activity of the extract of senna tora was conducted to provide support for the use of this plant as traditional medicine. Phytochemical screening provides knowledge of the chemical constituents of this not only for the discovery of new therapeutic agents, but also for information in discovering new sources of other materials. The uses of senna tora include the following, used as liver stimulant, mild laxative, heart tonic, used in treatment of fever, used to treat eczema and dermatomycosis, etc.
1.1 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH
Therefore the goal of the study is to:
1. To determining the blood glucose levels of normal and Alloxan induced diabetic rats.
2. To determine the effects of senna tora leaves extract on the blood glucose levels of the diabetic albino rats.
3. To compare values before and after induction with Alloxan and senna tora leaves.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Knowledge and Practice of Breast Self-examination in detection of Breast Cancer Among Female Students of Government Girls Secondary School Damaturu, Y...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Breast cancer is a global health concern and a leading cause of morbidity and mortality among all the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Context: The “out of stock syndrome” and irrational drug use with their associated consequences that characterized our health fac...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF MALARIA RAPID DIAGNOSTIC TEST AND UTILISATION OF LABORATORY SERVICES FOR MALARIA DIAGNOSIS AT MAKARFI GENERAL HOSPITAL, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT In Nigeria, malaria accounts for 30% mortality in children <5years (U5). World Health Organisation guidelines recommend parasite based dia...Continue Reading »
4. THE KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICE OF STANDARD PRECAUTIONS AMONG HEALTH CARE WORKERS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY HEALTH FACILITIES IN ABUJA, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Standard precautions are a set of guidelines that aim to protect health care workers from infections from blood, body fluids, secretions, exc...Continue Reading »
5. INCIDENCE OF HUMAN IMMUNE DEFIENCY VIRUS IN 44 REFERENCE ARMY HOSTPITAL KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This study was designed and determined the incidence of Human Immune Deficiency Virus in 44 reference army hospital Kaduna State local govern...Continue Reading »
6. DETERMINANTS OF UTILIZATION OF FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES AMONG WOMEN OF CHILD-BEARING AGE IN RURAL AREAS OF KANO STATE, NORTHERN NIGERIA» SUMMARY Family planning is an important preventive measure against maternal and child morbidity and mortality. It is an essential component of primary...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY Job satisfaction refers to how well a job provides fulfilment of a need or want or how well it serves as a source or means of enjoyment. The p...Continue Reading »
8. ANALYSIS THE ALPHA-PROTEIN LEVEL IN HEPATITIS PATIENT AS AN AID IN ACCESSING THE DEGREE IN WHICH IT GENERATES TO HCC» CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the most common primary liver cancer. It accounts for 60% of all cancer world wide (Meli...Continue Reading »
9. AN EVALUATION ON THE IMPACT OF POLIO IMMUNIZATION AMONG CHILDREN UNDER FIVE YEARS IN PALI TOWN OF ALKALERI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BAUCHI STATE.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION After two (2) decades of focused efforts to eradicate polio. The impact of eradication activities on health system contin...Continue Reading »
10. PARENTAL INFLUENCE ON ADOLESCENTS’ DIETARY PATTERNS IN ALIMOSHO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The eating habits of adolescents are of concern for public health, as there is a direct association between inadequate diet during this phase...Continue Reading »