Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 99 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Diarrhoea remains one of the most important health problems globally and a leading cause of
morbidity and mortality among immuno compromised individuals. It accounts for over 50
million deaths (in all ages) world-wide and it ranks 3rd among diseases responsible for human
This study was carried out to determine the prevalence of Cryptosporidium parvum infection
among HIV patients visiting the Specialist Hospital Sokoto (SHS), Nigeria. A total of 150 stool
samples were examined for oocysts of C. parvum using the Stool concentration technique and
modified Zeil-Neilson staining technique. 85 females and 65 males were tested.
The overall parasite prevalence of Human intestinal parasites encountered in the study was
22.7% (34/150) with Cryptosporidium parvum 4.0%, being the highest compared to other
parasites. The age group distribution of Cryptosporidium prevalence among HIV infected
patients who had diarrhoea was 4.0%. With the highest prevalence among patients aged 46-
55years when compared to 0.0 % prevalence recorded in those aged 6 -15, 16 – 25 and 56 -60.
Crypto was commoner among female patients (2.6) when compared to the male (1.4) prevalence.
There is no significant statistical difference between the two groups at 95 % Confidence. Limit.
The observed monthly prevalence of Crypto among the vulnerable group was observed to be high
in the month of November. There is significant statistical difference between all the four at 95%
confidence limit. On the other hand, the prevalence of Crypto among different drugs regiment
(combination) was found to be higher among Regimen 1A. The observed prevalence among CD4
groups showed higher prevalence 2.7 % among HIV patients with diarrhoea whose CD4 were
below 350 who at the same time formed majority of the patients tested (139 patients) compare to
the least prevalence 1.3 % recorded among patients with CD4 greater than 350. There is
observed significant statistical difference between the two categories. 4.0 % of crypto
encountered among HIV patients with diarrhea and blood only, OR 1.03, 95% CI 0.20 85.27, P -
value 0.7 when compared to 0.0 % Crypto prevalence recorded among diarrhea with blood and
mucus and diarrhea with mucus only.
From the result of this study, Crypto was therefore found to be associated with HIV diarrhoea
particularly in the advanced stage of the infection as Cryptosporidium Oocysts have been
demonstrated in faeces of HIV infected patients attending Specialist Hospital. It accounts for
4.0% of diarrhoeal cases among this group. This study provides baseline data on the prevalence
of Cryptosporidiosis among HIV infected patients presenting with diarrhea and the relationship
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SEROPREVALENCE OF DENGUE VIRUS AND ASSOCIATED FACTORS AMONG HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS IN KARU LOCAL GOVERNMENT, NASARAWA STATE, NIGERIA» SUMMARY Dengue is a mosquito borne viral infection that causes flu like illness which can develop into a potentially lethal complication such as dengu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Diabetic nephropathy accounts for a significant reduction in life expectancy of diabetic patients. Diabetic patients with microalbuminuria ha...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) epidemic is in its third decade and has reached to alarming pr...Continue Reading »
4. PREVALENCE AND RISK FACTORS FOR CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE AMONG HEALTH WORKERS IN SECONDARY AND TERTIARY CENTRES GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE» SUMMARY Cardiovascular diseases are the number one cause of death globally. An estimated 17.5 million people died from CVDs in 2012, representing 31% ...Continue Reading »
5. DISCLOSURE OF HIV STATUS BY HIV POSITIVE PATIENTS ATTENDING ADULT ART CLINIC AT GOMBE STATE SPECIALIST HOSPITAL, GOMBE.» ABSTRACT Disclosure of HIV status especially to sexual partners is an important prevention goal. Many international organizations including UNAIDS, WH...Continue Reading »
6. CHILD-SURVIVAL MESSAGE-COMMUNICATION SKILLS, ATTITUDE OF HEALTH WORKERS AND MOTHERS’ READINESS TO ADOPT SURVIVAL STRATEGIES AMONG ATTENDEES IN ADEOY...» ABSTRACT Child mortality remains a major concern of public health because high rate of child mortality persists in developing and under developed coun...Continue Reading »
7. ANALYSIS THE ALPHA-PROTEIN LEVEL IN HEPATITIS PATIENT AS AN AID IN ACCESSING THE DEGREE IN WHICH IT GENERATES TO HCC» CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the most common primary liver cancer. It accounts for 60% of all cancer world wide (Meli...Continue Reading »
8. HIV PREVALENCE AND ASSOCIATED RISK FACTORS AMONGST PRISON INMATES IN KUJE FEDERAL PRISON, FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY, ABUJA, NIGERIA, JANUARY, 2013.» Summary In prisons, prevalence of HIV infection, overcrowding and poor prison conditions and diseases are of public health importance. This study was ...Continue Reading »
9. THE PATTERN AND DETERMINANTS OF PRE-HYPERTENSION AMONG ADULTS ATTENDING GENERAL OUTPATIENT CLINIC OF SPECIALIST HOSPITAL BAUCHI» SUMMARY Like hypertension, adults with prehypertension are known to have higher prevalence of other cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors, with ab...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Interests in the role of air quality in health and disease date back to antiquity. Hippocrates in his...Continue Reading »