Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of this project work is to take a look at the development and the rapid growth of modern technology, especially computer technology in all fields of human endeavour. Medical diagnosis and theraphy system involves the state of medical knowledge of a particular disease, patient history, examination diagnosis and therapy, it also involves the drug remedy for the patient. It also provide a systematic framework for history taking and physical examination of patient.They facilitate a knowledge bank and timely recall of accurate information about specific disease for the purpose of accurate diagnosis and therapy, also to provide standard procedures for health care delivery and evaluation.
Medical care has increased its extent, direction and purpose. It is continually evolving in response to perceive needs and demands. The management of health care delivery and services involves considerable amount of medical records and managerial data, which have to be collected, stored, selectively retrieved, updated and statistically analyzed.
With the rapidity growth of modern technology, especially computer technology in all fields of human endeavour, i.e professionals, scientist, education, industrial and even government activities, e.t.c. necessitate the need for various sectors of the economy to be acquainted with at least basic knowledge of computer application in their day to day operations.
Therefore medical diagnosis and theraphy system involves the state of medical knowledge of a particular disease, patient history, patient examination and drugs remedy. The standing orders which are disease symptom, patient history, patient examination, diagnosis and therapy which is called the hierarchical order gives basic health workers legal protection for providing primary health care.
They provide a systematic framework for history taking and physical examination of patient. They facilitate a knowledge bank and timely recall of accurate information about specific disease for the purpose of accurate diagnosis and therapy, also to provide standard procedures for health care delivery and evaluation.
1.1 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The aims of this project includes:
i. To help in bringing about the best, most efficient and effective way of medical diagnosis and therapy system.
ii. To examine the need for an automated medical diagnosis and therapy system
iii. To help in providing a systematic framework for history taking
iv to help in talking patient problem more easier
v. To facilitate a knowledge bank and timely recalled for accurate information about specific diseases.
1.2 THE OBJECTIVES OF EACH CHAPTER ARE:
Chapter one: Present the introduction of the course
Chapter two: review of the Nigeria National basic Health Service scheme (NNBHSS).
Chapter three: Present the system design, input design and output design
Chapter four: Present the analysis, implementation and documentation of medical diagnosis.
Chapter five: Some conclusions are drawn after which the flowchart and program follows.
Below are the methods used in collecting data during my research. These includes.
INTERVIEW: I went to the hospital used as my case study. I did some interview with the head of department of medical diagnosis and therapy system to get some data used in this project.
BROWSING: I browse through the interest to get some information which I need in my project. I browse the medical website (http://www.medical.co.uk)
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
CONSULTATION FILE: This is the file that contains different set of procedure that used for medical diagnosis and therapy supported by the system.
THERAPY SYSTEM: This is the healing treatment of the disease identified.
MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS: This is the identification of a disease or conditions after observing its sign.
NNGHSS: Nigeria National basic Health Service Scheme.
MASTER FILE: This is a file of data, which a principal source of information for a job. It can be updated or amended as necessary in relation to the condition of patient.
DISEASE SYMPTOMS: This is sign, which is observed by the practitioners from any test.
PATIENT HISTORY: This is the relevant data about the history of patient that have been objected formulated and stored in a master file.
PATIENT EXAMINATION: This is when patient are examined physically and laboratory tests are carried out and recorded.
DIAGNOSIS: This is the output of the examination recorded.
THERAPY: This is the solution to the suspected disease.
1.5 SOFTWARE USED
Visual Basic 6.0 Version
The reason why visual basic is being choosing for soft define are:
i. Its main or event driven programming language
ii. It support active X data object
iii. It posses flexible and reliable data base management system
iv. Its object oriented in nature
v. Its support API i.e Application programming interface which provides an interactive graphic user interface.
c. Anti-virus for removal and deleting of virus on the disk or any other software that can function in the same way.
Note: Window 98 is used because it offer 32 bit multi-tasking capabilities likewise window 95.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MALARIA PARASITE AND ITS EFFECT TO HUMAN HEALTH (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL (UNTH), ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The detection of malaria parasite in the blood, which is as the major aim of this project was carried out and experimental data shows the exi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 217 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
» Abstract The human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) epidemic is in its third decade and has reached to alarming pr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 153 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
» ABSTRACT The problem of vesico vagina fistula still remains a ravaging scourge in resourcepoor countries of which Nigeria is visibly prominent. A majo...Continue Reading »
36 pages | 121 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
4. SPUTUM SMEAR CONVERSION IN PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS: AN INTENSIVE PHASE MONITORING OF SPUTUM SMEAR POSITIVE PATIENTS IN ZARIA, NIGERIA» SUMMARY Tuberculosis (TB) is a high burden global problem. Nigeria ranks fifth among the 22 high burden TB countries globally and first in Africa. Dir...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 51 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
5. THE ROLE OF COMMUNITY HEALTH ADMINISTRATION AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN BAYELSA STATE. (A CASE STUDY OF SAGBAMA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This project work on the importance of community health administration and rural development was carried out to find out the importance commu...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 199 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
6. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTS OF PREVENTION OF MOTHER TO CHILD TRANSMISSION OF HIV (PMTCT) PROGRAMME ON MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH AT NNAMDI AZIKIWE UN...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Acquired immuno deficiency syndrome (AIDS) is a disease condition caused by infection of the human body by a retrovirus calle...Continue Reading »
134 pages | 128 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
7. INFLUENCE OF PARENTING STYLES ON ADOLESCENTS’ SELF-ESTEEM IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ABEOKUTA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE, NI...» ABSTRACT The concept of self esteem is an area of psychology that has gained considerable attention, but for many years has also caused much confusion...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 197 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
8. SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHIC FEATURES AND RISK FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH SUSPECTED CASES OF TICK-BORNE RELAPSING FEVER IN NORTHERN BORNO STATE NIGERIA» SUMMARY Tick borne relapsing fever (TBRF) is a bacterial disease caused by Borrelia species which is transmitted to humans by infected ticks. The dise...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 58 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
9. BIRTH PREPAREDNESS AND EMERGENCY READINESS PLANS OF ANTENATAL CLINIC ATTENDEES IN AMAKU GENERAL HOSPITAL AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Background: Maternal mortality is an enormous public health burden in developing countries of the world. Birth preparedness and emergency rea...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 133 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
10. PREVALENCE AND MANAGEMENT OF MALARIA IN CHILDREN; A CASE STUDY OF JOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL» ABSTRACT BACKGROUND: Malaria is the most prevalent tropical disease in the world today. Each year, it causes disease in approximately 650 million peop...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 142 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH