Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project topic “The Significance of Cost Control in Hotel Industry” tends to examine the control of cost in most Hotels, taking cognizance of their productive cost, selling and distribution cost as it applies to the Hotel Industry. Again it is to set up effectively the prevention of material and time wastage that is, cost control is very important because it is centered around improving profitability and effective use of resources. This is important so as to provide an insight study of cost control that is applicable in the hotel outfit. The researcher is able to introduce the purpose of the study, significance of the study, scope and limitations and the hypothesis. There is also literature to highlight the cost control in hotel industry: method of the research work is highlighted. Data collection, sampling techniques and administering of questionnaires to staff of Agura Hotel. The recommendations are part of the personal observations made during the research work.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Cover Page i
Approval page iv
Table of Contents viii
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1 – 3
1.1 Introduction 4 – 5
1.2 Statement of Problem 6
1.3 Objective of the Study 6
1.4 Statement of Hypothesis 6
1.5 Significance of the Study 7
1.6 Scope of the Study 7
1.7 Limitation of the Study 8
1.8 Definition of terms 8
2.0 REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE 10
2.1 Introduction 11
2.2 Type of Control 11
2.3 Requirements for effective Cost control system 11-16
2.4 Significance of cost control 17 – 18
2.5 Problems associated with cost control 18 – 20
2.6 Advantages of cost control 21
2.7 Disadvantages of cost control 22
3.0 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 23
3.1 Research Method used 23 -24
3.2 Sources of Data collection 25
3.3 Validity and reliability of Instruments 25
3.4 Determination of sample size 26
3.5 methods sampling used in selection 26
3.6 Methods of Statistical analysis 26- 27
3.5 Methods of sampling used in selection 27
3.6 Methods of Statistical analysis 27
4.0 Analysis of Data Presentation and Interpretation 28
4.1 Data Presentation 29
4.2 Data Analysis 29-30
4.3 Date Interpretation 31-32
5.0 Summary 33
5.1 Conclusion 33
5.2 Recommendation 34
Appendix 34-37 Questionnaire 39 -40
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Many academic and purchasing Accountants consider cost control as the major benefit derived from the use standard. Cost control can be defined as the appraisal process and actions taken to keep cost .within tolerable limits as prescribed by Management. These limits can differ from one operation to the next. For instance, the head of food and Beverage Department in a Hotel Industry might set a tolerance standard to attend to guests quite different from that of Laundry Department.
Standard from the basis upon which determinations are made that cost has gone out of control. Actions can then be taken to remedy the situation in future. If this standard is set carefully, they provide better guidelines than previous period actual costs. Rossell JH (1983).
An important part of the management task in a Hotel Industry is to ensure that operations, department, process and cost are under control and that its constituent parts are working efficiently towards agreed objectives. These are numerous control systems within a typical Hotel Industry. For example, material control, stores control, room control, quality control, profit control and product control. The detail analysis and location of all expenditure, the calculations of job and product cost, the analysis of losses and scraps, the monitoring of labour and department efficiency and the other outputs of the costing system provide sound basic information for financial control.
Management are also concerned to know what cost will be in future so that appropriate plans and decisions can be made in good time. Also, having some standards or targets against which to compare actual cost greatly assists the control functions.
It cannot be emphasized too strongly that if information produced by costing system is not useful for control, for managerial decision making or for planning usefulness, the following should not be prepared. To ensure cost control and its usefulness, the following factors should be considered.
(a) Is the costing system appropriate to the organization?
(b) Do the reports, statements and analysis produced by the costing system contain the relevant information for intended purpose?
(c) Are they addressed to the person responsible for planning/decision making/control?
(d) Are the reports and statements produced at appropriate intervals early enough to be effective?
(e) Is the information produced in a relevant form and to a sufficient degree of accuracy for the intended purpose?
It follows from these factors that every costing system will, in certain respects be unique, because it must be designed to suit the particular organization, products and processes and personalities involved. Of all the numerous control, stores control and quality control due to the limit of the scope of the research work.
Effective and efficient cost control will be discussed which basically requires an agreed plan that sets objectives and goals to be achieved etc. more will be discussed in section 2.3 of this chapter.
The significance of cost control in an organization cannot be over emphasized amongst which are:
To indicate to management any inefficiency and area of waste either of materials, labour, expensive use of machinery, equipment and other productive resources.
To provide accurate cost data for goods pricing policy, more will be seen in section 2.4 of this chapter.
Finally, cost control is faced with some problems which include ineffective delegations of authority, lack of defined goals of an organization, lack of timely reporting etc. details discussion or problems associated with cost will be section 2.5 of this chapter.
This research work o cost control and its significance is designed specifically for Hotel Industry in Nigeria background. It is prepared with immense Contribution to those who recognize the importance of cost control in Hotel Industry, especially in the recent increase in Hotel Industry in Nigeria.
A Hotel Industry is mostly set up chiefly for profit motive. To achieve this, cost control must be effectively set
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE INCIDENT OF POVERTY ON EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE CITIZENS. (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, IDAH, STUDENTS)» ABSTRACT Poverty has been a serious problem facing all society over the years. This paper critically analyses the problems associated with poverty ove...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY:The general consensus among economists and policy analysts at the World Bank, the International Mon...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF PUBLIC RELATIONS IN CRISIS MANAGEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF THE ETITI IHITTE-UBOMA, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF IMO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Crisis emerged in the universe right from the beginning of man and has remain a reoccurring varia...Continue Reading »
4. “IMPACTS OF TRADE UNIONISM AND COLLECTIVE BARGAINING IN PROMOTING JOB SATISFACTION IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM. A STUDY OF NATIONAL UNION OF LOCA...» Abstract The paper discussed the impact of trade union and collective bargaining in promoting job satisfaction in Abakaliki Local government area of E...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background As a corporate body, the military is the easiest tool employed by political leaders to achieve the success tha...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study The concept of bail is very important in the administration of justice in any legal system and this i...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) ON TAX ADMINISTRATION IN FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE JOS, PLATEAU STATE» Abstract Over the years, tax administration in Nigeria has been plagued with several limiting factors such as weak administrative lapses and weak admi...Continue Reading »
8. EXAMINE THE PROBLEM OF RURAL WATER SUPPLY USING UTAGBA-UNO AREA OF NDOKWA-WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT The concern of this study is to examine the problem of rural water supply using Utagba Uno area of Ndokwa West Local Government Area of Delta...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Qualitative, independent media reporting on corruption can play an important role in pressuring the government t...Continue Reading »
10. FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL AND THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF ABAKILIKI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EBONYI STATE)» ABSTRACT When the researcher chose this topic “fuel subsidy removal and Nigerian economy” she was inspired on how Nigerians reacted toward...Continue Reading »