Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 92 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION
Generally, humanbeings are the most precious part of civilization and most troublesome resources to manage in an organization. The responsibility build is more important than leadership in an organization. The development of people without leadership (in an organization is impossible because leadership is the back-borne of the development.
Leadership is an important aspect of managing. The ability to lead effectively is one of the keys to being an effective manager also undertaking the other essentials of managing. Doing the entire managerial job has an important bearing on ensuring that a manager will be an effective leader.
Leadership and motivation are closely interconnected. By understanding motivation, one can appreciate better what people want and why they act as they do. Leaders may not only respond to subordinates motivation but also arouse
or dampen them by means of the organizational climate they develop.
The essence of leadership is followership. It is the willingness of people to follow that makes a person a leader, moreover, people tend to follow whom they see as providing means of achieving their own desires, wants and needs.
Leadership transformed potentials into reality, it is the alternative act that brings to success all the potentials that is in an organization and its people. It is that people have concerned about it since the beginning of history.
By focusing on leadership, we do not mean to suggest that leadership in organization is a compartmentalized phenomenon. Indeed, leadership is a pervasive in every act of management.
The person who can mesh divergent and conflicting forces, recognize and create opportunities, use the influence and moral basis of his or her position, and employ the minimal amount of resources to maximally achieve publicly desired ends is in great demand everywhere.
Despite the obvious importance of leadership, the concept has been difficult to understand and the skill even harder to develop. When the average person thinks of leadership, the most common association is usually to charisma, in this view, leadership is regarded as a gift of influence over the behavior of others. Some of us have this gift and others simply do not.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Shanga Local Government area was created from the present Yauri Local Government area on 20th of December 1996, with its headquarters situated at Shanga by military administration during the regime of President Sani Abacha, commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Local Government consists of four
(4) Districts i.e. Shanga, Kwanji, Sawashi and Rafin Kirya districts being administered by an appointed district head 39 villages units with land mass approximate.
The local government has agriculture potentials supported by the River Niger which across the local
government longitudinally almost dividing it into two. This signifies the main occupation of the habitants to farming, rearing animal and fishing.
The Shangawa, Gungawas, Gelawas, Kambaris and Dukkawas dominated the local government. Their major occupation is farming and animal rearing. Animal population (i.e. goat, cattle and sheep) is considerable high. Poultry rearing also practiced all over the local government areas. The major crops being cultivated by the farmers include rice, millet, maize, sugarcane and guinea corn. Other agriculture economic potentials include onion, groundnut, gum Arabic, fish, groundnut oil, hides and skins. The area is blessed with mineral deposits such as kaolin and limestone are of economic qualities and also found within the local government area.
For administration convenience, the local government council operate with six (6) departments each headed by a Director. These departments are Health, Finance, Works, Agriculture, Social and Administrative Departments. Four of
these departments are being supervised by an appointed supervisory councilor within the council, while administration and finance departments are monitored by secretary who also play a role of Head of Service to the Local Government.
Koko-Besse at the North and Yauri by South bound Shanga local government. Hence forth this research is geared towards giving effective and comprehensive information about the local government itself and the nature of the leadership in Shanga Local Government.
Consequently, a small friction of the schedule of duty in any leadership is poor recruitment, posting and unaware of their civil responsibilities. Below are the names of administrators of Shanga Local Government from date of creation to date.
1. Muhammad Tukur Bashar – First sole administrator from November 1996 to June 1997
2. Alhaji Abdullahi Mai Unguwa Yarbese – First executive
Chairman from June 1997 to 1998
3. Mrs. Murna Mukoshe – Sole administrator from 1998 to 1999
4. Alhaji Haliru Ahmad Dugu (Talban Yauri) – Executive Chairman from 1999 to 2001
5. Alhaji Hussaini Raha as Chairman Transition Committee 2001 to December 2002.
6. Alhaji Garba Salihu Takware – caretaker January, 2003 to January, 2004.
7. Alhaji Bello Ganwo – Sole Administrator from February, 2004 to October, 2004.
8. Alhaji Garba Salihu as Executive Chairman from October, 2004 to March, 2007.
9. Alhaji Amadu Sani Lele – Sole Administrator from March, 2007 to December, 2007.
10. Alhaji Garba Salihu Takware – re-elected as executive Chairman from January, 2008 to November, 2011.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study It has been part of our history that goods produced are not usually consumed by those that produce...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Governance at the local level plays a crucial role in ensuring the provision of services to the p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background As a corporate body, the military is the easiest tool employed by political leaders to achieve the success tha...Continue Reading »
4. THE CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS OF AUDITING IN A COMPUTER ENVIRONMENT (A Case Study Of Nigeria Mobile Telecommunication, Limited)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Human being, either young, old, literate and illiterate are all product of their various environment i.e. the environment...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title Page Title Page i Dedication ii Certification iii Acknowledgement iv Table of Content v List of Tables ix Abstract x CHAPTER ON...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPORTANCE OF NATIONAL HOUSING POLICY AS A PUBLIC POLICY (A CASE STUDY OF KOGI STATE PROPERTIES LIMITED)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Adequate supply of housing is of paramount important owing to the comparative nature of housing in man’s survival. ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The oil producing area of’ Nigeria, known as Niger Delta Region is faced with serious crisis caused by the assumed denial to have a fai...Continue Reading »
8. CONTRIBUTION OF THE NATIONAL DIRECTORATE OF EMPLOYMENT (NDE) TO UNEMPLOYMENT REDUCTION IN EKITI STATE, NIGERIA (2011-2015)» ABSTRACT The issue of unemployment is at the front burner of policy discussions in both developed and developing countries today. This is because, whe...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The impact of staff training on the performance of local government area staff in Anambra state has many problems affecting it. These include...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The management of remuneration policies is faced with economic problems in which created a lo...Continue Reading »