Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
Motivation on bank employee was established by the organization (bank) with the aim to reset the healthy course of reconstruction growth and development of the organization (bank) this research is set to understand how height level of employee engagement incentive to reward good work which happen to be a tried and also a test way of boosting staff moral.
But from banks perspective a banker, job in addition to growth the economy, there by motivation is necessary on bank employee for effective management.
The effect of motivation incentive on bank employee was established by the banking institution with an aim to reset the Nigeria banking industry on a healthy course of reconstruction growth and development.
It however, known that by 1982 the banking industry had not in the development and growth tracked, the industry (banking industry) had fallen drastically from its peak, due to lack of capacity to embark on such bold policy which goes beyond executive certain cosmetics aspect of the problems, and motivation on the employee will bring about setting the problem and make banking business to be effective and efficiently.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Every organization whether profit oriented or not establish its purpose goals and objectives which transpires into mission statement.
These of course are only accomplished by the efficient and effective management of its human material and financial sources.
However, the most dynamic and complex to manage is its human resources (people) due to essential difference individual behaviour and attitude as expressed in the work environment.
Work environment behaviour difference between and with individuals are produced by physical difference, mental capabilities, life-experience, culture, perception of a situation, age, sex, level of education, skills exposure, traits, abilities, energy level, family responsibilities, present standard of living, other available income, financial status years with employee, years on job, working experience and lastly level of job in organizational hierarchy among others.
On law about human behaviour that we can be certain about is that all people are different, it is on knowledge of these behavioural difference in the work place (environment) that this research intended to delve the influences that stimulates behaviours towards high performance for productivity in achieving organizational goals termed motivation.
Motivation is a general concept appreciated by many successful organizations and implemented for the overall benefit of the organizations.
The Nigeria banking industry is not an exception. The industry has undergone remarkable changes over the years, in terms of the number of institutions, ownership, structure, capitalization, as well as depth and breath of operations. These changes have been influenced largely by challenges posed by deregulation of the financial sector globalization of operations, technological innovations and adoption of supervisory and prudential requirements that conform to international standards.
As at January 2006 there were only 25 banks remaining from 89 deposit money banks operating in the country, due to consolidation.
It becomes imperative, that if banks must continue to service and be in operation, it must bruce-up to the imminent challenges of the industry and remain competitive in the market place. This can be achieved through the motivation of employees to higher performance and great productivity.
This research examines the effect of motivation incentive on bank employee with special focus on United Bank for African Plc (UBA).
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This research was propelling by the need to improve performance and increase employee’s productivity in the work environment therefore the objectives of this study includes among others the following:
i) To identify the degree or importance of employees in the achievement of organizational objectives.
ii) To identify the factors responsible for the higher performance by employees in the past.
iii) To identify the element responsible for employee present low performance.
iv) To understand and appreciate the need of employees as individuals and as a group.
v) To identify the role of managers and their influence on bank employees.
vi) To improve employees performance and increase their productivity through motivation.
vii) To improve the overall results of organization in terms of performance.
1.3 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Considering the largeness of bank’s in the Nigerian banking industry, the research study is limited to united bank for Africa plc with reference to their branch in Kaduna along Yakubu Gowon way which shall cover the Nigerian Economic and the period is within 2007-2010.
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
A number of terms or major concepts are defined here as they are apply to the study for proper understanding of this work. This includes:
BANKING INDUSTRY: - A collection of banks usually in the same category charged with the responsibility of carrying out financial intermediation.
1. BANK EMPLOYEE: - A person who works for a bank in return of salary.
2. ENVIRONMENT: - It describes the conditions, circumstance etc effecting employees in the work place.
3. PRODUCTIVITY: - All of the things that causes or influence motivation in an employees.
4. MANAGER: - People who combine business resources in an efficient manner which maximizes output.
5. OBJECTIVES: - These are the drivers which determine the nature of input. The series of activities to achieve outputs and the realization of organizational goals.
6. PERFORMANCE :- It refers to the degree, of success, or failure of an activity of operation
7. PRODUCTIVITY: - this refers to efficiency measured by comparing the result attainted with the time and or the resources used to achieve the result.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF THE INFLUENCE OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF PUBLIC ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE CIVIL SERVICE)» BACKGROUNDThe assessment of conflict management on organization harmony cannot be over emphasized as it has become a virtual tool used in promoting or...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYNigeria is the most populous country in Africa, with a population of 170 million, 65 percent of whom...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The construction industry is an established industry: the sector regarded as a catalyst for growt...Continue Reading »
4. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE CONTRIBUTION OF LOWER AND UPPER BENUE RIVER BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITIES TO RURAL DEVELOPMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Rural Development has been the concern of many developing countries for a long time because there...Continue Reading »
5. THE CONTRIBUTION OF WOMEN IN COMMUNITY SELF HELP EFFORT (A Case Study of Kaduna South Local Government Area)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the contribution of women to community development with special reference to women in Kaduna Sou...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project was written in compliance with the instruction given by the Federal Polytechnic Ede this project would be of immense value to th...Continue Reading »
7. PROBLEMS AND SOLUTION OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IBAGWA-AKA COMMUNITY IN IGBO-EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STAT...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page ………………………………………&...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The inability of the Nigerian Police to control the increasing wave of crime has led to proliferation of vigilante groups in contemporary Nig...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research titled “The effect of bureaucracy on employees productivities. A study of Enugu State water corporation” was carrie...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY For a very long time, corruption has become recognized as a major problem in Nigeria, where it ha...Continue Reading »