Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 141 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study focuses onthe relationship between agriculture and economic development and how agriculture has contributed toeconomic development of Soba Local Government area.In order to achieve this, we adoptedsurvey research method where we obtained data from primary sources using the instruments of questionnaire backed by interviews while secondary data were also collected from the records of the local government finance department and department of agriculture and natural resources. Data collected were presented and analyzed using tables and simple percentage while the hypotheses of the study were tested using the chi-square statistic.We found that agriculture has contributed immensely to economic development as it has been the main source of employment to many and that increasing agricultural productivity among farmers has enhanced opportunities for more income generation. The income being used by farmers has promoted health and educational status of many households as well as being a source of food and nutritional upliftment of households in the local government. We also found that lack of adequate farm inputs, microcredit scheme, use of inappropriate technology, environmental hazard including overdependence on imported agricultural food items were the major factors and problems militating against the development of agricultural productivity for economic development. We therefore recommended that mechanization of agriculture that will help improve the sector in rural areas and involve the use of modern machines and technologies such ploughs, tractors, harvesters, among others will make the sector productive and economic development-driven but government must intervene as rural farmers cannot afford these machines. We also recommended that adequate supply of farm inputs such as fertilizer, pesticides and insecticides, improved seedlings, chemicals, storage facilities among others to help in controlling pests and other diseases that can destroy agricultural produce can be useful in improving yearly productivity of farmers, increasing their incomes as well as impacting positively on their standard of living. There should be a microcredit scheme for farmers which should be at low interest rate and that local, states and federal governments should make it a policy to allocate specific percentage of its annual budget to the agricultural sector which must be strictly adheres to by successive governments.
1.1 Background to the Study
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nation opines that agriculture is an
industry that produces, processes and markets food largely in response to the daily demands of
consumers within a given area, town, city and metropolis, dispersed throughout the urban areas,
applying intensive production methods, using and re-using natural resources and urban wastes to
yield a diversity of crops and livestock (FAO, 2004). Despite the dominant of the oil sector as
the major foreign exchange earnings, agriculture remains the mainstay of the Nigerian economy
in addition to contributing the largest share of gross domestic product (GDP). It is the largest non
–oil export earner, the largest employer of labour and a key contributor to economic
development and poverty alleviation as the large percentage of the population derive incomes
from agriculture and related activities.
Agricultural sector outputs Proxied by its contribution to GD P average 50.2 percent during the
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF THE PERFORMANCE OF BAUCHI STATE CIVIL SERVICE ON SERVICE DELIVERY (FROM 2007 T0 2015)» ABSTRACT Civil service is a vital instrument to the survival of any governmental setting and indeed service delivery. The effectiveness and productivi...Continue Reading »
2. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE CONTRIBUTION OF LOWER AND UPPER BENUE RIVER BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITIES TO RURAL DEVELOPMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Rural Development has been the concern of many developing countries for a long time because there...Continue Reading »
3. STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCE IN AN ORGANIZATION DESPITE THE SO CALLED INTRODUCTION OF MODERN TECHNOLOGIES IN CARRYING OUT VARIOUS ACTIVITIES...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Human Resource Management (HRM or simply HR) is the management of an organization’s workforce or human r...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The availability of a competent and effective labour force does not just happen by chance but through an articulate recruitment and selection...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to appraise the contributory pension scheme and retirees. The study opened with chapter one where the statement of ...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES IN SOLVING UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEM IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF AGWU L.G.A ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Unemployment has been and stills a major problem in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Poverty alleviation programmes has been recognized as an instrument par excellence for effective community development. It is infact a verita...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IN THE PRIVATIZATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES (A Case Study of the Bureau of Public Enterpris...» ABSTRACT The world over, the dilemma of growing contrast between public waste and private thrift has encouraged governments to seek solutions to the p...Continue Reading »
9. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LOCAL GOVERNMENT SERVICE COMMISSION AND THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCILS ACROSS KOGI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Local government was nationally acclaimed as the their tier of government in 1976, it is a govern...Continue Reading »
10. SUSTAINABLE DECOMRACY: A DEPENDENT VARIABLE TO NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OFANAMBRA STATE FROM 2007 – 2009) MR. PETER OBI’S ADMINISTRAT...» ABSTRACT THE PRIMARY AIM OF THIS RESEARCH WORK IS TO DEEPLY INVESTIGATE AND IDENTIFY THE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN THE ACHIEVEMENT OF SUSTAINABLE DEMOCR...Continue Reading »