Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 54 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of this study was to investigate the contribution of women to community development with special reference to women in Kaduna South Local Government area of Kaduna State. The study focused on the factors militating against women participation in community development projects. The investigation looked at various aspects involved in the process of community development. The motivation for this study came from among other reasons, my experience in working with community development associations. From a historical perspective, women have experienced and survived many difficult situations. These have included marginalization, poverty and subjudication, all of which have led to their poor socio-economic status. The design of this study used the quantitative method (survey research design). Data were collected using interview and questionnaire schedule. The study found that the contribution of women in community development had a positive impact because of the income from women, the infrastructure they provide. The study further found that women face constraints in their development attempts. These include lack of encouragement from government and NGOs, lack of capital, illiteracy. Consequently, these lives women’s development effort at minimal.
The contribution of women in community self help effort is a way of strengthening civil society by prioritizing the actions of communities, and their perspective in the development of social, economic and environmental policy. The contribution of women seeks the empowerment of local communities, both geographical communities, communities of interest or identify and communities organizing around specific themes or policy initiatives. They strengthens the capacity of people as active citizens through their community groups; organizations and networks, and the capacity of institutions and agencies (Public, Private and Non-governmental) to work in dialogue with citizens to shape and determine change in their communities. They play a crucial role in supporting active democratic life by promoting the autonomous voice of the disadvantaged and vulnerable communities. Their role has set a core value social principles, lowering human rights, social inclusion, equality and respect for diversity, and a specific skills and knowledge base. Their contributes is action that helps people to recognize and develop their ability and potentials and organise themselves to respond to problems and needs which they share. They support the establishment of strong communities that control and use assets to promote social justice, and help improve the quality of community life. They also enable community and public agencies to work together to improve the quality of government.
The role of women in community self help effort promotes best practice in community development using this model.
Purpose:- People want to live in healthy communities, these are communities in which they feel able to be who they want to be, have positive prospects for their future, experience respect and equal and fair treatment.
Focus:- To achieve this women help in the communities to create access to benefit the community, cares for all its members when the need arises, provides an environment that is safe and attractive, enables people to express and celebrate their creativity and diverse cultures, enables everyone to participate in decisions that affect their lives.
Method:- To contribute to the creation of good community, women promotes, opportunity for people to learn and develop their own skills, reaches out to and involves those who may be excluded or disadvantage. Women play the role of helping communities to create organizations that can tackle their needs and represent their interest. They play the role of working to promote, engagement and dialogue between communities and agencies that affect the lives of the people.
1.1 BASIC HISTORY OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Kaduna South Local Government Area was carved out of the former Metropolitan Kaduna Local Government on 23rd of September 1991. The local government area is boarded by Chikun, Kaduna North and Igabi local government areas on the South, East and West respectively. The landmass of the local government is 950 (Nine Hundred Fifty) square kilometers and it is the most populated local government area in Kaduna State.
The local government headquarters and secretariat is at Makera and the entire local government area is easily accessible by road, rail line and even air when from Kaduna International Airport via Mando area. As a result of its metropolitan and urbanized nature, inhabitants of the local government area engage mostly in trade and commerce.
There are also teaming population of public and private company workers as well as artisans. Many engage too in agriculture and other vocations. In the area of learning, Kaduna South has a well developed and competitive level of education. The famous Federal Polytechnic Kaduna has it main campus at Tudun Wad and a college of Environmental Studies at Barnawa. Other tertiary institutions are the School of Dental and Health Technology Tudun Wada, the Kaduna State Staff-Training Centre Kakuri and the Federal Psychiatric Nursing Training at Barnawa. There are ubiquitous post-primary institutions (in the L.G.A) with over one hundred nursery and primary schools publicly and privately owned.
Traditionally, Kaduna South Local Government Area is within the Zazzau emirate. Formerly the local government area consisted of Tudun Wada and Makera districts, but recently three (3) and two (2) additional districts have been created from the former districts respectively. The present districts are: Tudun Wada, Kurmin-mashi, Sabon Gari and Unguwan Muazu for Tudun Wada Area. While Makera area has Makera, Kukuri and Barnawa districts. Television area has been carved to the newly created Gbagyi Chiefdom. Though administratively the area is still in Kaduna South.
The major ethnic groups that live and do business in this local government area include Hausa/Fulani, Jaba, Bajju, Gbagyi, Ninzom, Kataf and other ethnic groups of the southern part of the state. There are also Yoruba, Igbo, Igala, Kanuri, Nupe and many other tribal groups of Nigeria in general.
In view of its industrial set-up, Kaduna South Local Government Area has a sizeable population of expatriates like the Japanese, French, Britons and Germans who work in Textiles and other industries. A number of religious, cultural and private festivals are celebrated, e.g the three Sallahs, Christmas and New Year, etc.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Culture, religion and finance play an important role in allowing women to participate in community development activities in Kaduna South local government area.
1.3 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The main purpose of this study, the contribution of women in community self help effort is to
a. Assess the role women play in community development.
b. To know the level of awareness of women in community development.
c. To know the types of contribution made by women in community development.
d. To educate women on the importance of forming community development associations.
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The study is to identify extent of involvement of women in community development activities.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Is to encourage more women to participate in community development activities.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to some districts in Kaduna South Local Government Area.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Much area could not be covered due to time and financial constraints for addition information to be extracted.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Community:- In sociology is defined as “a strong sense of identity among individual members of a given are”.
Development:- “Positive change, growth or improvement over a long period of time”.
Community Development:- The Cambridge summer conference in Africa Administration defines it as “a movement designed to promote better living for the whole community with their active participation”.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME AND ITS IMPACT ON RETIREES IN SELECTED PUBLIC ORGANIZATIONS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The contributory pension scheme was introduced to resolve pension issues such as delay in monthly pension payment, and incapacity of some ret...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 101 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
2. EFFECT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) ON TAX ADMINISTRATION IN FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE JOS, PLATEAU STATE» Abstract Over the years, tax administration in Nigeria has been plagued with several limiting factors such as weak administrative lapses and weak admi...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 99 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
3. THE ETHICS OF TAX EVASION; PERCEPTUAL EVIDENCE FROM NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the perception of tax evasion to the payment of tax on ethical reasons. A case study of some sel...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 50 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
4. CONTRIBUTION OF THE NATIONAL DIRECTORATE OF EMPLOYMENT (NDE) TO UNEMPLOYMENT REDUCTION IN EKITI STATE, NIGERIA (2011-2015)» ABSTRACT The issue of unemployment is at the front burner of policy discussions in both developed and developing countries today. This is because, whe...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 142 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
5. CHECKING WASTAGE IN PUBLIC SPENDING IN PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION AN ASSESSMENT OF THE ROLES OF BUREAU OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT (BPP) KEBBI STATE OFFICE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria is in dire need of accountability in Public Spending. This is because accountability Public Spending is cost effe...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 92 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
6. STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCE IN AN ORGANIZATION DESPITE THE SO CALLED INTRODUCTION OF MODERN TECHNOLOGIES IN CARRYING OUT VARIOUS ACTIVITIES...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Human Resource Management (HRM or simply HR) is the management of an organization’s workforce or human r...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
7. NIGER DELTA CRISIS IN NIGERIA, ROOT, CAUSES OF PEACELESNESS IN THE REGION» Abstract The oil rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria has been embroiled in crisis between the government forces and some militants elements that are ag...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 32 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
8. MOTIVATION AND WORKER’S PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NOMA CHILDREN HOSPITAL, SOKOTO)» ABSTRACT The main objective of this research was to assess the relationship between motivation and worker’s performance. Findings from this work rev...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 66 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
9. ASSESSMENTOFUNIVERSALBASICEDUCATIONPROGRAMME INKADUNASOUTHANDSABONGARI LOCALGOVERNMENT AREASOFKADUNASTATE» ABSTRACT The Nigerian educational system has for long, been a subject of criticism as a result of some perennial problems such as poor quality and lac...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 80 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
10. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF MANPOWER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT IN SERVICE ORGANIZATION A STUDY OF PHCN ZARIA ZONE IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a developing country like Nigeria, training and development of manpower resources is highly ne...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 73 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT