Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 131 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
The nature of conflicts in the world has changed dramatically since the end of the
Cold War to the extent that conflicts between or among nation-states have reduced
significantly, while the trend is that conflicts have increased within nation-states due to
intense struggle for power and scarce resources between and among groups, thereby
putting ethnic group against ethnic group and communities against communities.
Consequently, Joshua (2014) observed that more than hundred (100) major conflicts
occurred in the world, leaving more than twenty million (20,000,000) dead, several
millions wounded and millions displaced persons.
In Africa, conflict on sub national level between communities or local militias is a
wide spread problem. In fact, the continent experienced 386 communal conflicts between
the period 1989 and 2014, with an estimate of 131, 563 people that lost their lives within
same period. The countries affected include Nigeria, Somalia, Sudan, Kenya and Uganda,
withNigeria and Democratic Republic of Congo being the most affected, (Torbjornsson,
2016, Elfversson, 2013).
In Nigeria, this situation became more prevalent since the return to democratic
rule in 1999, threatening the survival of Nigerian democracy and unity. Within the first
three years of democratic rule in Nigeria, the country witnessed not less than forty violent
communal conflicts. From the violent protest of the Niger-Delta over the perceived
injustice for resource control and environmental degradation as well as quest for an
equitable federal arrangement, to the Itsekiri-Ijaw violence in the Delta over claims of
land ownership and boundary claims, the Ife-Modakeke communal conflict in Osun state,
the ZangonKataf in Kaduna state, Tiv-Jukun in Taraba State and Eleme- Okrika in Rivers
state. Nigeria has never been confronted with such great security challenge as it presently
experience evidenced by protracted communal clashes and killings and abduction by the
Boko Haram sect.
No region has been spared the vicious scourge of conflict though their prevalence
and intensity have not been the same in occurrences across the length and breadth of the
nation. Thus, fingers are swift in pointing accusingly to colonial legacies and continual
interplay of external and internal imperialist forces that fan the embers of violen
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF REVENUE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL GOVERNMENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ANINRI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STAT...» ABSTRACT When the researcher chose this topic: THE PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF REVENUE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL GOVERNMENT, she was inspired by the...Continue Reading »
2. FRAUD CONTROL IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM, CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS: A STUDY OF EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (2003-2014)» ABSTRACT This work titled “Fraud Control in the Local Government System; Challenges and Prospects; A Study of Ebonyi Local Government Area (2003...Continue Reading »
3. THE CONTRIBUTION OF YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In Nigeria, youth activities date back to the pre colonial era within youth, in spite of their li...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENTOFUNIVERSALBASICEDUCATIONPROGRAMME INKADUNASOUTHANDSABONGARI LOCALGOVERNMENT AREASOFKADUNASTATE» ABSTRACT The Nigerian educational system has for long, been a subject of criticism as a result of some perennial problems such as poor quality and lac...Continue Reading »
5. THE CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS OF AUDITING IN A COMPUTER ENVIRONMENT (A Case Study Of Nigeria Mobile Telecommunication, Limited)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Human being, either young, old, literate and illiterate are all product of their various environment i.e. the environment...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF REVENUE AND PROVISION OF SOCIAL AMENITIES IN BORGU AND MOKWA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF NIGER STATE (2007-2011)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study. The achievement of both individual and organizational objectives may remain a mirage without the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to examine the political corruption and its effect in the Nigerian government and politics. The study loo...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research work titled “Analysis of the Strategies for Employment Generation in Nigeria’’ was conducted to identify the ...Continue Reading »
9. PROJECT TOPIC; BUILDING PROFESSIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND ACHIEVING IMPROVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN SOKOTO SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT; AN APPRAISAL OF MANPOWER ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Most organizations are concerned with how to achieve improved service delivery, as such building ...Continue Reading »
10. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION OF MEDIA COVERAGE AND MANAGEMENT OF THE 2011 POST ELECTION VIOLENCE IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The media can be used as an instrument to build as well as to destroy the human society. This study has tried to establish the inherent natur...Continue Reading »