Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 38 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
For a very long time, corruption has become recognized as a major problem in Nigeria, where it has become reaching the dimension of an epidemic, in our body politics, government after government, and continually expressed alarm at the situation and has reported declare their respective intentions to control corruption, It is recognized that corruption is a most perverting of (crime which) acts as a catalyst to all other (crimes). Let it is restricted to the improper giving and the receiving of gratification to and by a public officer of various categories in older to do or to refrain from doing certain acts in the cause of his official duties, excepting the extension of the office to business.
This emphasis on public sector probity appears not to recognized the complementarily of both public and private sectors of the same integral society, in the light of which we should know that the “attitude and habits” in one sector are bound to affect and enforce attitude and habits in other sector. Therefore, if we attempt to clean up the public sector, with cankerworm will continuously be contaminating the public sector with attendant continuation of corruption habit, in as much as it is impossible to insulate the must be cleaned together. This prophecy was amply fulfilled by various civilian Administrations of 1979 – 83 in the country, which were respectively characterized by graft and endemic corruption. Federal Government failed to enact the necessary enabling Law then to establish code of conduct Tribunal and Bureau, as provided for in 79 constitutions. It is therefore clear that we must define the offence of corruption to cover behavior in both private and public sectors in as much as probity in both sectors is essential to a health society. In this regard, we must cover all the categories of person medium or low in status.
Also in the line with dynamic activism of Brairaiman J. in the case of “ Biokaku v. police where his Lordship defined the word corruption” as receiving or offering of same benefit as a reward or inducement to sway or deflect the receiver from the honest and impartial discharge of his duties, we should defined the offence beyond mere financial consideration to cover such areas as sexual favors, conferment of titles or appointment (including promotions) to office, admission into clubs or societies.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The problem of “Bribery and corruption” in Nigeria cannot be over – emphasized. This problem therefore is a public enlightenment campaign against “Bribery and corruption:
The problem that normally arise between the policemen and the drivers is a times, if the policeman is trying to stop the driver, because of the token sum of “Mustafa” they used to offer the policemen, out of annoyance the police may open fire on the driver thereby killing him and wounding other passengers.
So also where the 20 is not provided in time, the policeman may request for the particulars of the vehicle which must be complete and in absence of anyone, they will drag the driver to the station where they will ensure that a heavy amount is exploited from the driver.
I strongly believe that the problem of collecting money along a highway which is rampant in Nigeria highways is from the top echelon. I also believe that they are equally aware, as they are given account of the money collected every month thereby amassing wealth for them.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Aim of carrying out this research and this project is to contribute my quota as an artist in combating the wild and overwhelming circulation of Bribery and corruption in Nigeria. Things have really fallen apart and nothing I at ease anyone, society is corrupt. Both the upper and the
Lower class of people. Everybody wants to suffer in order to earn a Living. Even though it is not the proper way.
I therefore intend that after executing this project, Both the upper and the lower class of will begin to see “Bribery and corruption” as a cankerworm eaten through the fabric of our nation and should we should try our best to desist from the act. My aim is to imbibe in everybody that looks at the billboard that we should desist from bribery, Nigeria would be better for all of us.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The project involves both practical aspects. The theories like I earlier mentioned is a three chapter work including conclusion and bibliography while the practical part is rendered on a bill board with the dimension of “4” by “3” ply wood board. I used oil paints, colour such as white, black, blue, and cream, yellow. It is the graphic illustration of a police man that stops a bus driver, trying to collect a token sum of “mortal” from the motorist with their slang “make you rojah me or else we go to station and the bold lettering, drawing the public attending that “Bribery and corruption” is a cankerworm eating through the fabric of our nation and should desist from it.
1.5 LIMITATION AND DELIMITATIONS:
The inherent limitation I encountered in the execution of this project was mainly financial. I found it difficult using the desired material project. An example is that I would have very much loved to use Perspex in place of board was below my aspired to enable me meet up with other numerous expenses.
Time factor is another big limitation to this project. I had little or no time to give the work the mastery touch that it requires. This is because not project is not did I have exam going on the time this project is being executed, I also had some assignment I have to finish, time was no longer on my side. Some of the delimitation was that of going to people to seek out their opinion about “Bribery and Corruption” other are viewing some advantages of Bribery ND Corruption as I see no reason for that.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMINOLOGIES:
Most of the terminologies used in both this and practical works are normal English and has no complications, some of them are:
INDUCEMENT: persistence or influence somebody to do something.
EPIDEMIC: widespread among many people in the same Place for a time.
CANKERWORM: Evil influence of tendency that cause Decay.
EMBEZZLEMENT: Use of money placed in one’s card in a Wrong way for one’s own benefit.
FORGERY: make a copy of something e.g. Signature, a Bank note, a will in order to deceive.
FRAUD: criminal deception.
SMUGGLE: GET goods secretly and illegally out of a country through the custom.
HOARDING: carefully saved and guarded store of money, Food or other treasured objects.
BURGLARY: crime of breaking into a house by night to steal
RAMPANT: social evil that is unchecked and beyond Control.
AMASS: Acquitting of too much wealth.
ECHELON: step –like formation of troops.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. “IMPACTS OF TRADE UNIONISM AND COLLECTIVE BARGAINING IN PROMOTING JOB SATISFACTION IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM. A STUDY OF NATIONAL UNION OF LOCA...» Abstract The paper discussed the impact of trade union and collective bargaining in promoting job satisfaction in Abakaliki Local government area of E...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY:The general consensus among economists and policy analysts at the World Bank, the International Mon...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF JOB SATISFACTION ON EMPLOYEE’S PERFORMANCE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR: A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE (NSCD)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyIn contemporary organizations the yearning forsatisfaction is the most important issue on the part o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Poverty alleviation programmes has been recognized as an instrument par excellence for effective community development. It is infact a verita...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examines the contributions of Ebre women society to Nigeria socio political development. It gives the detrimental effects which th...Continue Reading »
6. CHALLENGES FACING THE RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It becomes obvious that unemployment in Nigeria has attained unacceptable level. The labour marke...Continue Reading »
7. ROLE OF PLANNING AND CONTROL TO MANAGEMENT EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY (A STUDY OF PZ INDUSTRIES NIGERIA PLC, ABA)» ABSTRACT This research work is an attempt made to enforce the role played by planning and control to management efficiency and productivity. The inces...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF POOR REVENUE GENERATION ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS (A CASE STUDY OF UMUAHIA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Development is a sine qua non for modern civilization. In a crusade and struggle to carryout development at al...Continue Reading »
9. CORPORATE SPONSOSHIP PROMOTION ISSUES AND PRACTICE IN INDUSTRIES: [A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE BREWERY AND COMMUNICATION INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA]» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Of Study Corporate Sponsorship Promotion is the fastest growing marketing communication strategy. The growing ...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTS OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME ON RETIREMENT BENEFITS IN KANO STATE: A STUDY OF KANO STATE PENSION FUN...» ABSTRACT This study is an assessment of the effects of the implementation of contributory pension scheme on retirement benefits in Kano state: A study...Continue Reading »