Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 84 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Most organizations are concerned with how to achieve improved service delivery, as such building professional administration through manpower development policies and procedures have become major consideration of any organization. Manpower development must be based on a need analysis derived from a comparison of actual performance and behavior with required performance and behavior. Manpower development is one of the major ways organization invests in the workforce for greater return today and even in the foreseeable future.
Organizational effectiveness rests on the efficient and effective performance of workforce that makeup the organization. The efficient and effective performance of the workforce in turn, rest on the richness of the knowledge, skills and abilities possessed by the workforce. Manpower development in most organizations is a continuous act/exercise. Building
professional administration and achieving improve service delivery cannot happen if employees training and development do not occur in an organization. In other to maximize the productivity and efficiency of the organization, every executive, manager or supervisor in a public or private organization has the responsibility and indeed the bounding duty to ensure the development of their employees who have requisite knowledge and expertise. Training is like sharpening an existing skill in order to reflect the trends in technology and other social –cultural environmental changes of an organization. Productivity is the goal of today’s competitive business world and training can be a spring board to enhance productivity. The aim is to enable manpower development contribute their full measure to the welfare, health and development of the organization (Onah 1993). The main objective of building professional administration through the appraisal of manpower development in service organization is to increase efficiency of employees in resulting to increase corporate productivity. This accounts for why a large number of fund and time is provided by organization at one period or the order in the improvement of the skills of their employees at various levels.
The principal intention of manpower development according to AKPAN (1982:128), is to equip people with the knowledge required to qualify them for a particular position of employment, or to improve their skills and efficiency in the position they already hold.
Manpower development implies growth and the acquisition of wide experience for future strategic advantages of the organization to build professional administration. Manpower development therefore, improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the employee.
Any organization that has no plan for building professional administration through manpower development of its staff is less than dynamic for learning is a continuous process and acquired skills get obsolete when the environment changes. Also, a popular caption in the field of personnel management says, “If you think manpower training and development are expensive try ignorance’’. While manpower training and development prosper organization, ignorance destroys it. Therefore, workers like machines must be updated on constant basis or else, they end up becoming obsolete or misfit. Therefore, The aim of this research is to
appraise the man power development policies and procedures in sokoto south local government.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Building professional administration through the appraisal of manpower development policies and procedures have enable the organization to have improved service delivery. With this, organizations are intended to find out the efficiency and effectiveness of training manpower and development programme. Upon all the strategic role manpower development plays in building professional administration, the problems are that manpower development has not effectively provided the adequate improve service delivery as a result of low professionals, skill, competent and knowledgeable employees. For this reason, the organization encounter numerous problems which range from: the inability of the organization to integrate manpower development policy and practice among its organizational strategic value plan. Another critical problem is the inability to indentify employees that deserver training in the organization and how to appropriately for then for the training within or
outside the organization. There is no clear cut funding for manpower development training by the organization and timing also constitute to the problem where there is no specific of tenure before an employee could be due for manpower development training.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The purpose for this research is to probe into the evaluation of building professional administration and achieving improve service delivery an appraisal of manpower development policies and procedure using Sokoto South local government as a case study, have the following specific objectives of the study:
a) To ascertain if the local government have integrated manpower development into its strategic value plan.
b) To ascertain if there is adequate clear cut for funding and timing of tenure for manpower development.
c) To determine in details the procedure of manpower development of the local government.
d) To examine if the local government’s manpower development policy have attain its set objectives or purpose effective service delivery.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IN THE PRIVATIZATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES (A Case Study of the Bureau of Public Enterpris...» ABSTRACT The world over, the dilemma of growing contrast between public waste and private thrift has encouraged governments to seek solutions to the p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the Impact of Ikeja Local Government Administration on Poverty Alleviation in the sub urban area called Ikeja in Lagos Sta...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES IN SOLVING UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEM IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IGBO-EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, E...» abstract this study is on a strong impression of effective management of resources in solving unemployment problem in nigeria. this researcher wants t...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF REVENUE MOBILIZATION, ALLOCATION AND FISCAL COMMISSION, ABUJA)» ABSTRACT Human resource (people) plays a vital role in contributing to the success of any organization. In fact, without human resource development, a...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF POLITICAL PARTICIPATION ON SERVICE DELIVERY IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENTS IN KATSINA STATE» ABSTRACT This study examined the effect of political participation on the development of basic education and primary health care in Bindawa, Danja, an...Continue Reading »
6. GOVERNMENT POLICIES ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN EBONYI STATE: A STUDY OF RELOCATION POLICY OF ABAKALIKI RICE MILL» ABSTRACT This research titled “Impact of Government Policies on Entrepreneurship and Economic Development in Ebonyi State: A Study of Relocation...Continue Reading »
7. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LOCAL GOVERNMENT SERVICE COMMISSION AND THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCILS ACROSS KOGI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Local government was nationally acclaimed as the their tier of government in 1976, it is a govern...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.O GENERAL INTRODUCTION The major concern of the staff of organization [institution] should be responsible for the achievement of the obj...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, Nigeria has experienced series of attacks and blast in most region of the country...Continue Reading »
10. CHECKING WASTAGE IN PUBLIC SPENDING IN PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION AN ASSESSMENT OF THE ROLES OF BUREAU OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT (BPP) KEBBI STATE OFFICE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria is in dire need of accountability in Public Spending. This is because accountability Public Spending is cost effe...Continue Reading »