Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 84 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Most organizations are concerned with how to achieve improved service delivery, as such building professional administration through manpower development policies and procedures have become major consideration of any organization. Manpower development must be based on a need analysis derived from a comparison of actual performance and behavior with required performance and behavior. Manpower development is one of the major ways organization invests in the workforce for greater return today and even in the foreseeable future.
Organizational effectiveness rests on the efficient and effective performance of workforce that makeup the organization. The efficient and effective performance of the workforce in turn, rest on the richness of the knowledge, skills and abilities possessed by the workforce. Manpower development in most organizations is a continuous act/exercise. Building
professional administration and achieving improve service delivery cannot happen if employees training and development do not occur in an organization. In other to maximize the productivity and efficiency of the organization, every executive, manager or supervisor in a public or private organization has the responsibility and indeed the bounding duty to ensure the development of their employees who have requisite knowledge and expertise. Training is like sharpening an existing skill in order to reflect the trends in technology and other social –cultural environmental changes of an organization. Productivity is the goal of today’s competitive business world and training can be a spring board to enhance productivity. The aim is to enable manpower development contribute their full measure to the welfare, health and development of the organization (Onah 1993). The main objective of building professional administration through the appraisal of manpower development in service organization is to increase efficiency of employees in resulting to increase corporate productivity. This accounts for why a large number of fund and time is provided by organization at one period or the order in the improvement of the skills of their employees at various levels.
The principal intention of manpower development according to AKPAN (1982:128), is to equip people with the knowledge required to qualify them for a particular position of employment, or to improve their skills and efficiency in the position they already hold.
Manpower development implies growth and the acquisition of wide experience for future strategic advantages of the organization to build professional administration. Manpower development therefore, improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the employee.
Any organization that has no plan for building professional administration through manpower development of its staff is less than dynamic for learning is a continuous process and acquired skills get obsolete when the environment changes. Also, a popular caption in the field of personnel management says, “If you think manpower training and development are expensive try ignorance’’. While manpower training and development prosper organization, ignorance destroys it. Therefore, workers like machines must be updated on constant basis or else, they end up becoming obsolete or misfit. Therefore, The aim of this research is to
appraise the man power development policies and procedures in sokoto south local government.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Building professional administration through the appraisal of manpower development policies and procedures have enable the organization to have improved service delivery. With this, organizations are intended to find out the efficiency and effectiveness of training manpower and development programme. Upon all the strategic role manpower development plays in building professional administration, the problems are that manpower development has not effectively provided the adequate improve service delivery as a result of low professionals, skill, competent and knowledgeable employees. For this reason, the organization encounter numerous problems which range from: the inability of the organization to integrate manpower development policy and practice among its organizational strategic value plan. Another critical problem is the inability to indentify employees that deserver training in the organization and how to appropriately for then for the training within or
outside the organization. There is no clear cut funding for manpower development training by the organization and timing also constitute to the problem where there is no specific of tenure before an employee could be due for manpower development training.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The purpose for this research is to probe into the evaluation of building professional administration and achieving improve service delivery an appraisal of manpower development policies and procedure using Sokoto South local government as a case study, have the following specific objectives of the study:
a) To ascertain if the local government have integrated manpower development into its strategic value plan.
b) To ascertain if there is adequate clear cut for funding and timing of tenure for manpower development.
c) To determine in details the procedure of manpower development of the local government.
d) To examine if the local government’s manpower development policy have attain its set objectives or purpose effective service delivery.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the major problems confronting management today is that of motivation to perform assigned task to meet ...Continue Reading »
102 pages | 151 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
2. LOCAL GOVERNMENT CAPACITY IN MANAGING THE EDUCATION AND HEALTH RELATED MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS PROGRAMMES IN KADUNA AND ZAMFARA STATES, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study There is a growing expectation for increased access to Basic Education and better health care ser...Continue Reading »
221 pages | 186 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
3. ROLE OF PLANNING AND CONTROL TO MANAGEMENT EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY (A STUDY OF PZ INDUSTRIES NIGERIA PLC, ABA)» ABSTRACT This research work is an attempt made to enforce the role played by planning and control to management efficiency and productivity. The inces...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 266 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
4. THE PROBLEM AND PROSPECTS OF EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR: HOW DOES ICT INTERVENE» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Performance management system is a continuous process of improving individuals, team and organiz...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 373 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
5. THE IMPACT OF MOTIVATION ON STAFF OVERALL PERFORMANCE IN THE CIVIL SERVICE (A CASE STUDY ON MINISTRY OF EDUCATION - EBONYI)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is determine the effect of motivational modern on the impact of motivational model on the impact of motivation on s...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 285 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
6. FRAUD CONTROL IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM, CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS: A STUDY OF EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (2003-2014)» ABSTRACT This work titled “Fraud Control in the Local Government System; Challenges and Prospects; A Study of Ebonyi Local Government Area (2003...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 119 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Agriculture in the context of the economy is tied with the various sectors and is esse...Continue Reading »
150 pages | 407 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, Nigeria has experienced series of attacks and blast in most region of the country...Continue Reading »
110 pages | 436 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
9. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFORT OF BAUCHI STATE GOVERNMENT IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOAL 4» Abstract Child mortality is a tragedy that is prevalent in developing countries of the world and has been described as one of the major public health ...Continue Reading »
150 pages | 209 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The use of social networking sites utilization in politics is obviously continued to grow in recent times. Since Barack Obama broke the world...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 41 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION