Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 84 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Most organizations are concerned with how to achieve improved service delivery, as such building professional administration through manpower development policies and procedures have become major consideration of any organization. Manpower development must be based on a need analysis derived from a comparison of actual performance and behavior with required performance and behavior. Manpower development is one of the major ways organization invests in the workforce for greater return today and even in the foreseeable future.
Organizational effectiveness rests on the efficient and effective performance of workforce that makeup the organization. The efficient and effective performance of the workforce in turn, rest on the richness of the knowledge, skills and abilities possessed by the workforce. Manpower development in most organizations is a continuous act/exercise. Building
professional administration and achieving improve service delivery cannot happen if employees training and development do not occur in an organization. In other to maximize the productivity and efficiency of the organization, every executive, manager or supervisor in a public or private organization has the responsibility and indeed the bounding duty to ensure the development of their employees who have requisite knowledge and expertise. Training is like sharpening an existing skill in order to reflect the trends in technology and other social –cultural environmental changes of an organization. Productivity is the goal of today’s competitive business world and training can be a spring board to enhance productivity. The aim is to enable manpower development contribute their full measure to the welfare, health and development of the organization (Onah 1993). The main objective of building professional administration through the appraisal of manpower development in service organization is to increase efficiency of employees in resulting to increase corporate productivity. This accounts for why a large number of fund and time is provided by organization at one period or the order in the improvement of the skills of their employees at various levels.
The principal intention of manpower development according to AKPAN (1982:128), is to equip people with the knowledge required to qualify them for a particular position of employment, or to improve their skills and efficiency in the position they already hold.
Manpower development implies growth and the acquisition of wide experience for future strategic advantages of the organization to build professional administration. Manpower development therefore, improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the employee.
Any organization that has no plan for building professional administration through manpower development of its staff is less than dynamic for learning is a continuous process and acquired skills get obsolete when the environment changes. Also, a popular caption in the field of personnel management says, “If you think manpower training and development are expensive try ignorance’’. While manpower training and development prosper organization, ignorance destroys it. Therefore, workers like machines must be updated on constant basis or else, they end up becoming obsolete or misfit. Therefore, The aim of this research is to
appraise the man power development policies and procedures in sokoto south local government.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Building professional administration through the appraisal of manpower development policies and procedures have enable the organization to have improved service delivery. With this, organizations are intended to find out the efficiency and effectiveness of training manpower and development programme. Upon all the strategic role manpower development plays in building professional administration, the problems are that manpower development has not effectively provided the adequate improve service delivery as a result of low professionals, skill, competent and knowledgeable employees. For this reason, the organization encounter numerous problems which range from: the inability of the organization to integrate manpower development policy and practice among its organizational strategic value plan. Another critical problem is the inability to indentify employees that deserver training in the organization and how to appropriately for then for the training within or
outside the organization. There is no clear cut funding for manpower development training by the organization and timing also constitute to the problem where there is no specific of tenure before an employee could be due for manpower development training.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The purpose for this research is to probe into the evaluation of building professional administration and achieving improve service delivery an appraisal of manpower development policies and procedure using Sokoto South local government as a case study, have the following specific objectives of the study:
a) To ascertain if the local government have integrated manpower development into its strategic value plan.
b) To ascertain if there is adequate clear cut for funding and timing of tenure for manpower development.
c) To determine in details the procedure of manpower development of the local government.
d) To examine if the local government’s manpower development policy have attain its set objectives or purpose effective service delivery.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF REVENUE AND PROVISION OF SOCIAL AMENITIES IN BORGU AND MOKWA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF NIGER STATE (2007-2011)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study. The achievement of both individual and organizational objectives may remain a mirage without the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the Study:Public policies in Africa have been formulated and implemented over the years with the help of Inte...Continue Reading »
3. IMPACT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON EMPLOYEE’S EFFICIENCY IN A PUBLIS SECTOR, A CASE STUDY OF OKENE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL/AREA OKENE, KOGI STAT...» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Many public services today does not take the training and development of human resources availab...Continue Reading »
4. MULTI NATIONAL COMPANIES AND THEIR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES IN THEIR HOST COMMUNITIES (A CASE STUDY OF SHELL COMPANY PORT-HARCOURT, RIVER STATE)» Abstract The aim of this research was to x ray some causes of poor performance of pupils in primary school mathematics. Specifically, the study examin...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF LEADERSHIP IN ENHANCING THE PERFORMANCE OF EMPLOYEES IN AN ORGANIZATION: A CASE STUDY OF SHANGA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KEBBI STATE» CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Generally, humanbeings are the most precious part of civilization and most troublesome resources to...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The struggle for Local Government Autonomy in Nigeria has been a recurring issue. It is as old as...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT OF FUNDING ON QUALITY EDUCATION IN AHMADU BELLO AND NASARAWA UNIVERSITIES, NIGERIA 2001-2009» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It is commonly presumed that formal schooling is one of several important contributors to the ski...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe role of manpower planning and development in promoting sustainable development of any nation cannot be underestimated. The socio economic ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to determine the impact of socioeconomic status on mental health. Two hypotheses were formulated to achieve the ...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF HEALTH EDUCATION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN BWARI AREA COUNCIL, FCT-ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In developed and developing countries there are wide range of taxes and levies that affect indivi...Continue Reading »