Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 84 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Most organizations are concerned with how to achieve improved service delivery, as such building professional administration through manpower development policies and procedures have become major consideration of any organization. Manpower development must be based on a need analysis derived from a comparison of actual performance and behavior with required performance and behavior. Manpower development is one of the major ways organization invests in the workforce for greater return today and even in the foreseeable future.
Organizational effectiveness rests on the efficient and effective performance of workforce that makeup the organization. The efficient and effective performance of the workforce in turn, rest on the richness of the knowledge, skills and abilities possessed by the workforce. Manpower development in most organizations is a continuous act/exercise. Building
professional administration and achieving improve service delivery cannot happen if employees training and development do not occur in an organization. In other to maximize the productivity and efficiency of the organization, every executive, manager or supervisor in a public or private organization has the responsibility and indeed the bounding duty to ensure the development of their employees who have requisite knowledge and expertise. Training is like sharpening an existing skill in order to reflect the trends in technology and other social –cultural environmental changes of an organization. Productivity is the goal of today’s competitive business world and training can be a spring board to enhance productivity. The aim is to enable manpower development contribute their full measure to the welfare, health and development of the organization (Onah 1993). The main objective of building professional administration through the appraisal of manpower development in service organization is to increase efficiency of employees in resulting to increase corporate productivity. This accounts for why a large number of fund and time is provided by organization at one period or the order in the improvement of the skills of their employees at various levels.
The principal intention of manpower development according to AKPAN (1982:128), is to equip people with the knowledge required to qualify them for a particular position of employment, or to improve their skills and efficiency in the position they already hold.
Manpower development implies growth and the acquisition of wide experience for future strategic advantages of the organization to build professional administration. Manpower development therefore, improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the employee.
Any organization that has no plan for building professional administration through manpower development of its staff is less than dynamic for learning is a continuous process and acquired skills get obsolete when the environment changes. Also, a popular caption in the field of personnel management says, “If you think manpower training and development are expensive try ignorance’’. While manpower training and development prosper organization, ignorance destroys it. Therefore, workers like machines must be updated on constant basis or else, they end up becoming obsolete or misfit. Therefore, The aim of this research is to
appraise the man power development policies and procedures in sokoto south local government.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Building professional administration through the appraisal of manpower development policies and procedures have enable the organization to have improved service delivery. With this, organizations are intended to find out the efficiency and effectiveness of training manpower and development programme. Upon all the strategic role manpower development plays in building professional administration, the problems are that manpower development has not effectively provided the adequate improve service delivery as a result of low professionals, skill, competent and knowledgeable employees. For this reason, the organization encounter numerous problems which range from: the inability of the organization to integrate manpower development policy and practice among its organizational strategic value plan. Another critical problem is the inability to indentify employees that deserver training in the organization and how to appropriately for then for the training within or
outside the organization. There is no clear cut funding for manpower development training by the organization and timing also constitute to the problem where there is no specific of tenure before an employee could be due for manpower development training.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The purpose for this research is to probe into the evaluation of building professional administration and achieving improve service delivery an appraisal of manpower development policies and procedure using Sokoto South local government as a case study, have the following specific objectives of the study:
a) To ascertain if the local government have integrated manpower development into its strategic value plan.
b) To ascertain if there is adequate clear cut for funding and timing of tenure for manpower development.
c) To determine in details the procedure of manpower development of the local government.
d) To examine if the local government’s manpower development policy have attain its set objectives or purpose effective service delivery.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Most large Nigeria cities are overcrowded, due to urban attraction and developments such as u...Continue Reading »
2. THE CONTRIBUTION OF WOMEN IN COMMUNITY SELF HELP EFFORT (A Case Study of Kaduna South Local Government Area)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the contribution of women to community development with special reference to women in Kaduna Sou...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF SEGMENTATION ON THE MARKETING OF GOVERNMENT LPROGRAMMES IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERRNMENT AREAS IN ENUKGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nwankwo (1992:1) defined government as a body of persons and institutions or agencies that make a...Continue Reading »
4. CONTRIBUTION OF THE NATIONAL DIRECTORATE OF EMPLOYMENT (NDE) TO UNEMPLOYMENT REDUCTION IN EKITI STATE, NIGERIA (2011-2015)» ABSTRACT The issue of unemployment is at the front burner of policy discussions in both developed and developing countries today. This is because, whe...Continue Reading »
5. CHALLENGES OF DEVELOPING SECURITY PROGRAMMES IN NIGERIA AND IT'S IMPLICATION ON SAFETY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND The essence of security, as noted by Nwolise (2007), is to ensure human safety and freedom. Without the security of life an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a developing country like Nigeria, training and development of manpower resources is highly ne...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS (NGOs) ON WOMEN EMPOWERMENT IN OREDO AND ESAN NORTH-EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF E...» ABSTRACT The global nature, incidence and the devastating effects of poverty has not only raised concerns within government circles, but equally among...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCION 1.1 BACKGROUND INFORMATION The history and importance of community based organization (CBO) in rural areas is a long one. They...Continue Reading »
9. THE CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS OF AUDITING IN A COMPUTER ENVIRONMENT (A Case Study Of Nigeria Mobile Telecommunication, Limited)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Human being, either young, old, literate and illiterate are all product of their various environment i.e. the environment...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF DISCIPLINARY MEASURES ON STAFF PERFORMANCE IN KADUNA STATE WATER BOARD AND SUNSEED NIGERIA LIMITED ZARIA» ABSTRACT The study entitled “Impact Assessment of Disciplinary measures on staff performance in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District an...Continue Reading »