The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
People in rural communities contribute a lot towards the development of their areas either by providing the labour required to execute the project, contributing financially or initiating the project and following the planning and execution. Chapter one is the introduction of the study, the objective, significance, limitation and definition of terms in the project work. Chapter two talks about the problems of community in Mkpat-Emir Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. Chapter three talks about the oral interview used for the collection of information for the study. Chapter four presents the data collected and also analyses. The last chapter which is chapter five contains the summary, conclusion and recommendations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title Page - - - - - - - - - - i
Approval Page - - - - - - - - - ii
Declaration - - - - - - - - - - iii
Certificate - - - - - - - - - - iv
Dedication - - - - - - - - - - v
Acknowledgement - - - - - - - - - vi
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - vii
Tables of Contents - - - - - - - - - viii
CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION
1.1 Objective of the Study
1.2 Significance of the Study
1.3 Limitation of the Study
1.4 Definition of Terms
CHAPTER TWO – LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Concept of Community Development
2.2 Characteristics of Community Development
2.3 Problems of Community Development
2.4 The process and practice of Community Development
2.4.4 Sources of Financial Resources for Community Development
2.4.5 Planning and Implementation of Development Projects
2.5 Ukam Community, Development and Size
2.5.2 Political System
2.5.3 Economic Organization
2.6 Solution/Contribution made in Ukam Community Development.17
CHAPTER FIVE – SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
3.1 Summary of Findings
Nigerian policy makers in recent years have been showing appreciation degree of interest in efforts by groups of individuals and communities to pool their resources together to solve common problems aimed at making life worth while in their locality.
Community effort is a purposely device that has for ages sustained and maintained most communities in Nigeria including Ukam, after the civil war, there was little or no financial assistance from the state or federal government with regard to their human, economic and social resources devastated. Without delay they mobilized resources to rebuild their war battered economy and social infrastructures rebuilding of homes, roads, schools, markets, post offices and provision of amenities like water, electricity etc were done through the communities efforts.
Sometimes the government offers technical and financial assistance to rural communities embarking on such self-help efforts. They do this through government agencies like community development departments in the Federal and state’s ministries of Rural/Social Development and Directorates of Food, Roads and Rural Infrastructures (DFRRI). These notwithstanding the fact remains that a lot of problems persist. Attempt will be made in this paper to examine those problems that militate against community, with particular reference to Ukam. Autonomous community in Mkpat-Enin Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. It is with the view of identifying possible improvement strategies.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Generally most rural communities are faced with or confronted by a set of community development problems and may therefore require information to develop responses.
The main aim of this work is to look into and find out these problems the rural communities encounter while executing community development programmes with particular reference to my town Ukam which is in Mkpat Enin Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. These problems will be highlighted based on my research. The work will in addition offer recommendations with a view to involving more permanent solution in its future community development programmes.
1.2 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this project lies in the beliefs and practices of Ukam community and their way of life. The reforms and the way of life this community in the olden times and the present situation and how they have changed in recent times.
1.3 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Due to the social and political nature of the community, there was the need to interview the traditional ruler, the village head and the only unbiased executive of Ukam Community Development Association (UCDA) for a meaningful outcome.
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Problem: An unsatisfactory situation that causes difficulties.
Solution: A way of dealing with a problem or difficult situation
Community: A group of people living together in one place, having a common religion or race with similarities of attitude or interest and culture
Development: To make something more advanced
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study is a modest attempt at a lucid explication of the impact of local government in Nigeria. N...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 162 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT This project topic “The Significance of Cost Control in Hotel Industry” tends to examine the control of cost in most Hotels, taki...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 26 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
3. IMPACT OF INTERGOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA, WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA O...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION This study examine the background study intergovernmental relation, statement of the problem, objective of the study, sig...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 87 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
4. RETIREMENT POLICY AND PROBLEM OF IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIAN PUBLIC SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE CIVIL SERVICE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Retirement can be seen as the period of time in an employee’s, employment life when he or she h...Continue Reading »
112 pages | 226 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTIONRevenue is a very essential element in the running of any administration or government, this government could be federal, s...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 20 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The study based on public relation and it’s impact in the banking industry (a case study of GTbank Kaduna branch). The study adopted su...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 179 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
7. PRIVATISATION OF GOVERNMENT OWNED ENTERPRISE FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE: A STUDY OF NIGERIA TELECOMMUNICATION SECTOR» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Privatization, which now occupies the center stage in global economic liberalization, is regarded...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 34 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
8. REVENUE MOBILIZATION AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION (A Case Study of Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on Revenue Mobilization as a tool for effective Local Government Administration, taking Sanga Local Government Area as a c...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 24 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
9. PROBLEMS AND SOLUTION OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IBAGWA-AKA COMMUNITY IN IGBO-EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STAT...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page ………………………………………&...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 24 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
10. THE IMPACT OF MOTIVATION ON STAFF OVERALL PERFORMANCE IN THE CIVIL SERVICE (A CASE STUDY ON MINISTRY OF EDUCATION - EBONYI)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is determine the effect of motivational modern on the impact of motivational model on the impact of motivation on s...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 152 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION