Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
People in rural communities contribute a lot towards the development of their areas either by providing the labour required to execute the project, contributing financially or initiating the project and following the planning and execution. Chapter one is the introduction of the study, the objective, significance, limitation and definition of terms in the project work. Chapter two talks about the problems of community in Mkpat-Emir Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. Chapter three talks about the oral interview used for the collection of information for the study. Chapter four presents the data collected and also analyses. The last chapter which is chapter five contains the summary, conclusion and recommendations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title Page - - - - - - - - - - i
Approval Page - - - - - - - - - ii
Declaration - - - - - - - - - - iii
Certificate - - - - - - - - - - iv
Dedication - - - - - - - - - - v
Acknowledgement - - - - - - - - - vi
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - vii
Tables of Contents - - - - - - - - - viii
CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION
1.1 Objective of the Study
1.2 Significance of the Study
1.3 Limitation of the Study
1.4 Definition of Terms
CHAPTER TWO – LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Concept of Community Development
2.2 Characteristics of Community Development
2.3 Problems of Community Development
2.4 The process and practice of Community Development
2.4.4 Sources of Financial Resources for Community Development
2.4.5 Planning and Implementation of Development Projects
2.5 Ukam Community, Development and Size
2.5.2 Political System
2.5.3 Economic Organization
2.6 Solution/Contribution made in Ukam Community Development.17
CHAPTER FIVE – SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
3.1 Summary of Findings
Nigerian policy makers in recent years have been showing appreciation degree of interest in efforts by groups of individuals and communities to pool their resources together to solve common problems aimed at making life worth while in their locality.
Community effort is a purposely device that has for ages sustained and maintained most communities in Nigeria including Ukam, after the civil war, there was little or no financial assistance from the state or federal government with regard to their human, economic and social resources devastated. Without delay they mobilized resources to rebuild their war battered economy and social infrastructures rebuilding of homes, roads, schools, markets, post offices and provision of amenities like water, electricity etc were done through the communities efforts.
Sometimes the government offers technical and financial assistance to rural communities embarking on such self-help efforts. They do this through government agencies like community development departments in the Federal and state’s ministries of Rural/Social Development and Directorates of Food, Roads and Rural Infrastructures (DFRRI). These notwithstanding the fact remains that a lot of problems persist. Attempt will be made in this paper to examine those problems that militate against community, with particular reference to Ukam. Autonomous community in Mkpat-Enin Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. It is with the view of identifying possible improvement strategies.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Generally most rural communities are faced with or confronted by a set of community development problems and may therefore require information to develop responses.
The main aim of this work is to look into and find out these problems the rural communities encounter while executing community development programmes with particular reference to my town Ukam which is in Mkpat Enin Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. These problems will be highlighted based on my research. The work will in addition offer recommendations with a view to involving more permanent solution in its future community development programmes.
1.2 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this project lies in the beliefs and practices of Ukam community and their way of life. The reforms and the way of life this community in the olden times and the present situation and how they have changed in recent times.
1.3 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Due to the social and political nature of the community, there was the need to interview the traditional ruler, the village head and the only unbiased executive of Ukam Community Development Association (UCDA) for a meaningful outcome.
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Problem: An unsatisfactory situation that causes difficulties.
Solution: A way of dealing with a problem or difficult situation
Community: A group of people living together in one place, having a common religion or race with similarities of attitude or interest and culture
Development: To make something more advanced
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTIONRevenue is a very essential element in the running of any administration or government, this government could be federal, s...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 150 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The press sensationalizes crime stories, over reports violent crime stories like homicide, assault, etc. in comparison to non violent stories...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 188 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» Abstract Alcohol consumption and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) have been a global challenge that confronts most countries of the world. Alcohol...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 74 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The study examines the Impact of Ikeja Local Government Administration on Poverty Alleviation in the sub urban area called Ikeja in Lagos Sta...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 17 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
5. EFFECT OF FEDERAL CHARACTER PRINCIPLE ON THE STAFFING PROCESS IN THE NIGERIAN FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE» ABSTRACTThe study critically examined the Effect of Federal Character Principle on the Staffing process in the Nigerian Federal Public Service. Descri...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 45 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
6. EFFECT OF STORE DESIGN ON MATERIALS HANDLING A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA (PHCN) KADUNA» Abstract This research study is concerned with the effect of store design on materials handling a case study of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 295 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria, like most other African countries, is known for her diversity. The diversity is evident ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 125 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
8. THE PROBLEM AND PROSPECTS OF EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR: HOW DOES ICT INTERVENE» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Performance management system is a continuous process of improving individuals, team and organiz...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 255 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
9. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND EMPLOYEE RETENTION IN PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATIONS: IMPLICATION FOR A TIMELY INTERVENTION (A CASE STUDY OF...» CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Career development and employee retention are key strategic considerations for all organ...Continue Reading »
97 pages | 345 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
10. THE EFFECT OF PRIVATIZATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION OF GOVERNMENT OWNED COMPANIES ON DEVELOPING ECONOMY: (A CASE STUDY OF PHCN, ENUGU).» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Today, we are witnesses to sweeping changes that are taking place in the economies of both de...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 562 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION