Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
People in rural communities contribute a lot towards the development of their areas either by providing the labour required to execute the project, contributing financially or initiating the project and following the planning and execution. Chapter one is the introduction of the study, the objective, significance, limitation and definition of terms in the project work. Chapter two talks about the problems of community in Mkpat-Emir Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. Chapter three talks about the oral interview used for the collection of information for the study. Chapter four presents the data collected and also analyses. The last chapter which is chapter five contains the summary, conclusion and recommendations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title Page - - - - - - - - - - i
Approval Page - - - - - - - - - ii
Declaration - - - - - - - - - - iii
Certificate - - - - - - - - - - iv
Dedication - - - - - - - - - - v
Acknowledgement - - - - - - - - - vi
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - vii
Tables of Contents - - - - - - - - - viii
CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION
1.1 Objective of the Study
1.2 Significance of the Study
1.3 Limitation of the Study
1.4 Definition of Terms
CHAPTER TWO – LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Concept of Community Development
2.2 Characteristics of Community Development
2.3 Problems of Community Development
2.4 The process and practice of Community Development
2.4.4 Sources of Financial Resources for Community Development
2.4.5 Planning and Implementation of Development Projects
2.5 Ukam Community, Development and Size
2.5.2 Political System
2.5.3 Economic Organization
2.6 Solution/Contribution made in Ukam Community Development.17
CHAPTER FIVE – SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
3.1 Summary of Findings
Nigerian policy makers in recent years have been showing appreciation degree of interest in efforts by groups of individuals and communities to pool their resources together to solve common problems aimed at making life worth while in their locality.
Community effort is a purposely device that has for ages sustained and maintained most communities in Nigeria including Ukam, after the civil war, there was little or no financial assistance from the state or federal government with regard to their human, economic and social resources devastated. Without delay they mobilized resources to rebuild their war battered economy and social infrastructures rebuilding of homes, roads, schools, markets, post offices and provision of amenities like water, electricity etc were done through the communities efforts.
Sometimes the government offers technical and financial assistance to rural communities embarking on such self-help efforts. They do this through government agencies like community development departments in the Federal and state’s ministries of Rural/Social Development and Directorates of Food, Roads and Rural Infrastructures (DFRRI). These notwithstanding the fact remains that a lot of problems persist. Attempt will be made in this paper to examine those problems that militate against community, with particular reference to Ukam. Autonomous community in Mkpat-Enin Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. It is with the view of identifying possible improvement strategies.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Generally most rural communities are faced with or confronted by a set of community development problems and may therefore require information to develop responses.
The main aim of this work is to look into and find out these problems the rural communities encounter while executing community development programmes with particular reference to my town Ukam which is in Mkpat Enin Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. These problems will be highlighted based on my research. The work will in addition offer recommendations with a view to involving more permanent solution in its future community development programmes.
1.2 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this project lies in the beliefs and practices of Ukam community and their way of life. The reforms and the way of life this community in the olden times and the present situation and how they have changed in recent times.
1.3 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Due to the social and political nature of the community, there was the need to interview the traditional ruler, the village head and the only unbiased executive of Ukam Community Development Association (UCDA) for a meaningful outcome.
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Problem: An unsatisfactory situation that causes difficulties.
Solution: A way of dealing with a problem or difficult situation
Community: A group of people living together in one place, having a common religion or race with similarities of attitude or interest and culture
Development: To make something more advanced
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE CHALLENGES OF PEACE AND SECURITY AND THE ROLE OF DRUG PEDDLERS AND CULTISM IN OBOSI TOWN IN ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to Study The explosion of drug peddling and cultism in the higher institutions of learning in Anambra State is a g...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, Nigeria has experienced series of attacks and blast in most region of the country...Continue Reading »
3. FEDERAL CHARACTER/QUOTA SYSTEM AND PRODUCTIVITY OF EMPLOYEES IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SERVICE: A STUDY OF NATIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION, 2004 – 2014» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Plural and sharply divided societies all over the world attempt to manage their diversities and d...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Since the current Boko Haram insurgency started in 2009, it has killed 20,000 and displaced 2.3 million from their homes Tiffen, 2009). This ...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF JOB SATISFACTION ON EMPLOYEE’S PERFORMANCE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR: A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE (NSCD)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyIn contemporary organizations the yearning forsatisfaction is the most important issue on the part o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCION 1.1 BACKGROUND INFORMATION The history and importance of community based organization (CBO) in rural areas is a long one. They...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF HEALTH EDUCATION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN BWARI AREA COUNCIL, FCT-ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In developed and developing countries there are wide range of taxes and levies that affect indivi...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF THE INFLUENCE OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF PUBLIC ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE CIVIL SERVICE)» BACKGROUNDThe assessment of conflict management on organization harmony cannot be over emphasized as it has become a virtual tool used in promoting or...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The impact of staff training on the performance of local government area staff in Anambra state has many problems affecting it. These include...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY For a very long time, corruption has become recognized as a major problem in Nigeria, where it ha...Continue Reading »