Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Food is any edible substance that is or can be consumed by living organisms especially by eating in order to sustain life. food can also be defined as anything intended to supply energy or nourishment of any entity or idea.
Food waste can be defined as the food that is lost during any of the four stages of good supply Chain (i) Producers (ii) Processors (iii) Retailer (iv) Consumers.
In The European Union, food waste was defined as any substances, raw or cooked which is discarded or intended or required to be discarded or intended or required to be discarded.
The United State Environmental Protection Agency (UEPA) defined food waste as an uneaten food and food preparation wastes from residences and commercials establishments such as grocery stores, restaurants, and produce stands, institutional catteries and kitchens and industrial sources like employee lunchrooms.
Food waste is used as a input, such as animal feed, fertilizer or biomass to produce output, then by the definition it is not wasted. However, there might be economic loses if the cost of recovered food is higher than the average cost of input in the alternating non food use.
Food waste 13 very important aspect that need to be controlled in the food and beverage department in order to achieve a desired result in profit making. The cause of food waste must be controlled for efficiency, and also food waste in food and beverage department can be prevent by employing skilled staffs, use of correct timing and temperature in the preparation and storage of food. Food planning, good purchasing method and good portion control. The uses of adequate portion control equipments will help in making profitability in the aspect of food and beverage department.
Food and beverage department is one of the main service oriented and crucial division of the hotel. It renders the serve of prepared food items, beverages and tobacco in a hospitable way of the customers and per their demands. The significant feature of this department is that, it is the second highest revenue generating department next to front office. The important function include the design and development of menus, pricing, portion control, wastage food control, customer staff relations and staff training.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Background studies have shown that there is a persistent food waste in most food and beverage department. Therefore the problem is how food waste can be profitable in food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim and objectives of this research work is to find the impact of food waste on the profitability of food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels. This has to do with the various steps to follow towards the achieving the objective of the research work.
These various objectives are as follows:
1. To find out how food wastes can be profitable in food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels.
2. To know how to control food waste, method of purchasing food, preparation, portioning of food and storage of food waste in food and beverage department.
3. To know the uses of food waste in the department for profitability of food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will benefit the establishment having problem of controlling the food waste especially the food and beverage department.
It gives the comprises who use it as distinct advantage in the competitive market place, by reducing the amount of waste to be away. The benefits of recycling food waste, when disposed on landfills, can produce large qualities of methane gas, which contributes to global warning as a green house gas.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project research work range from the impact of food waste on the profitability of food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotel on how food waste can be profitable.
1.6 In order to have a true understanding on how food waste can be profitable in food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels. The researchers will provide how food waste can be profitable, causes and ways to prevent this food waste, this protect will provide answers to the following questions.
1. How can food waste be profitable in Kaduna South Hotels?
2. What are the proper ways of purchasing, portion storing of food in Kaduna South Hotels for profitability of food and beverage department.
3. What are the proper used of food waste in the department of food and beverage to maximize profitability?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ASSESSMENT OF PENSION REFORM AGENDA OF OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ADMINISTRATION 2004. (A STUDY OF FEDERAL MINISTRY OF INTERIOR,) ANAMBRA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study is to assess the pension reform agenda of Olusegun Obasanjo Administration 2004; a study of Federal Ministry...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In Sokoto Nigeria and Federal Government owned enterprises is the expectation action that the rate of growth and developm...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The management of remuneration policies is faced with economic problems in which created a lo...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF THE SOCIO-CULTURAL FACTORS AFFECTING GIRL-CHILD EDUCATION IN SABON-GARI AND ZARIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This study examined the socio cultural factors and challenges affecting girl child education in Sabon gari and Zaria Local Government Areas o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Before and after independence Nigeria was plagued with the problem of how to cope with the health status of her citizenry. This problem cut a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the implications of the early marriage practices among teenage girls in Otta, Ogun state. Nigeria. Specifically, the ...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFORT OF BAUCHI STATE GOVERNMENT IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOAL 4» Abstract Child mortality is a tragedy that is prevalent in developing countries of the world and has been described as one of the major public health ...Continue Reading »
8. MULTI NATIONAL COMPANIES AND THEIR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES IN THEIR HOST COMMUNITIES (A CASE STUDY OF SHELL COMPANY PORT-HARCOURT, RIVER STATE)» Abstract The aim of this research was to x ray some causes of poor performance of pupils in primary school mathematics. Specifically, the study examin...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF HEALTH EDUCATION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN BWARI AREA COUNCIL, FCT-ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In developed and developing countries there are wide range of taxes and levies that affect indivi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The struggle for Local Government Autonomy in Nigeria has been a recurring issue. It is as old as...Continue Reading »