Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Food is any edible substance that is or can be consumed by living organisms especially by eating in order to sustain life. food can also be defined as anything intended to supply energy or nourishment of any entity or idea.
Food waste can be defined as the food that is lost during any of the four stages of good supply Chain (i) Producers (ii) Processors (iii) Retailer (iv) Consumers.
In The European Union, food waste was defined as any substances, raw or cooked which is discarded or intended or required to be discarded or intended or required to be discarded.
The United State Environmental Protection Agency (UEPA) defined food waste as an uneaten food and food preparation wastes from residences and commercials establishments such as grocery stores, restaurants, and produce stands, institutional catteries and kitchens and industrial sources like employee lunchrooms.
Food waste is used as a input, such as animal feed, fertilizer or biomass to produce output, then by the definition it is not wasted. However, there might be economic loses if the cost of recovered food is higher than the average cost of input in the alternating non food use.
Food waste 13 very important aspect that need to be controlled in the food and beverage department in order to achieve a desired result in profit making. The cause of food waste must be controlled for efficiency, and also food waste in food and beverage department can be prevent by employing skilled staffs, use of correct timing and temperature in the preparation and storage of food. Food planning, good purchasing method and good portion control. The uses of adequate portion control equipments will help in making profitability in the aspect of food and beverage department.
Food and beverage department is one of the main service oriented and crucial division of the hotel. It renders the serve of prepared food items, beverages and tobacco in a hospitable way of the customers and per their demands. The significant feature of this department is that, it is the second highest revenue generating department next to front office. The important function include the design and development of menus, pricing, portion control, wastage food control, customer staff relations and staff training.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Background studies have shown that there is a persistent food waste in most food and beverage department. Therefore the problem is how food waste can be profitable in food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim and objectives of this research work is to find the impact of food waste on the profitability of food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels. This has to do with the various steps to follow towards the achieving the objective of the research work.
These various objectives are as follows:
1. To find out how food wastes can be profitable in food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels.
2. To know how to control food waste, method of purchasing food, preparation, portioning of food and storage of food waste in food and beverage department.
3. To know the uses of food waste in the department for profitability of food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will benefit the establishment having problem of controlling the food waste especially the food and beverage department.
It gives the comprises who use it as distinct advantage in the competitive market place, by reducing the amount of waste to be away. The benefits of recycling food waste, when disposed on landfills, can produce large qualities of methane gas, which contributes to global warning as a green house gas.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project research work range from the impact of food waste on the profitability of food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotel on how food waste can be profitable.
1.6 In order to have a true understanding on how food waste can be profitable in food and beverage department in Kaduna South Hotels. The researchers will provide how food waste can be profitable, causes and ways to prevent this food waste, this protect will provide answers to the following questions.
1. How can food waste be profitable in Kaduna South Hotels?
2. What are the proper ways of purchasing, portion storing of food in Kaduna South Hotels for profitability of food and beverage department.
3. What are the proper used of food waste in the department of food and beverage to maximize profitability?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Productivity in every organization is the primary concern of employers in both public and private organizations. The attitude of workers ther...Continue Reading »
2. THE CONTRIBUTION OF YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In Nigeria, youth activities date back to the pre colonial era within youth, in spite of their li...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the major problems confronting management today is that of motivation to perform assigned task to meet ...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES IN SOLVING UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEM IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF AGWU L.G.A ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Unemployment has been and stills a major problem in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF CASH MANAGEMENT ON STATE PUBLIC SECTOR IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE OF NIGERIA BETWEEN AUGUST 2014 AND JULY 2015)» ASTRACT The research work was to investigate the impact of cash management on the state public sector of Nigeria. The stated hypothesis is to determin...Continue Reading »
6. EVALUATION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF KANO STATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME ON MANPOWER CAPACITY BUILDING (2011-2015)» ABSTRACT Foreign scholarship programme is an important strategy for manpower capacity building and development. The Kano state government has sponsore...Continue Reading »
7. MANAGING HIV\AIDS STIGMA IN THE WORKPLACE; CASE STUDY OF THE EASTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study According to UNAIDS Report (2004), almost five million people became newly infected with HIV in 2003,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Prior to 1993, only very little was known of Value Added Tax (VAT) in Nigeria. The idea of VAT s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Motherless babies home refers to a place or a home where infant babies that are not privileged to have their female paren...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Administration in the general sense is usually described in terms of a cooperative human effort d...Continue Reading »