Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Nigeria is a dynamic country that is blessed with abundant human and natural resources. The country has a publication of 140 million according to the 2006 census figures and high amongst the oil exporting countries.
Human resources is invariably the most important resources of Nigeria even when there are gigantic machines, sophisticated equipment and natural resources human resources still prevail. This therefore, calls for the need to adequately develop the human resources and then utilize human resources for the development of the Nigerian economy. The important of the human resource development in the Nigeria civil services as well as other organizations is unique and cannot be under=estimated. This is because; human resources is easily recognized as the most important of the resource requirement for the production of goods
and services. It is the master key to the rapid industrialization and socio-economic growth.
Nagga (2000) posited that a country that under-rates the critical roles and underplays the importance of people in goal achievement can neither be effective nor efficient. He stressed that, of all factors contributing to the growth and development of nation, the human resource is unquestionably the most crucial. This implied that we might have money. Highly sophisticated machine, high quality material and land with the most precious materials on it. Unless we have the right quality and quantity of human resources, real development and economic growth will be almost impossible.
The above view underscores the fundamental role which human labour play as one of the basic element of management in economic development in Nigeria. It is against this background that the researcher got interest in the field of human resources. Since no economy can function efficiently without skilled and adequately developed workforce.
It is in the light of the above background on the contribution of human resources development to economic growth in Abuja municipal area council. That this research is conceived. The research will investigate the importance of human resources for economic growth and development in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Human resource development problems in Nigeria appears to be on the increase. The unemployment phenomenon seems to be compounded with the absence and misplacement of human resource to capability of the public and private sectors of the economy to provide such opportunity for human resources at their disposal.
This problem of Nigeria under-employment lies primary with the neglect of its human resources potential. This study therefore, is aimed at finding out the important of human resources for economic growth and development of the country.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
i) To study the importance of human resources for economic growth and development
ii) To study how best to manage the human resources for economic growth and development.
iii) To ascertain, evaluate and examine the extent to which increase in investment of human resources development could serve to economic growth and development.
iv) To find out the problem to the management of human resources
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i What are the importance of human resources for economic growth and development?
ii. How best can the human resource be managed for economic growth and development?
iii. To what extent has the development of human resource contributed to the economic growth and development?
iv. What are the problems involved in the management of human resources for economic growth and development?
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is based on the importance of human resources as a catalyst for economic growth and development in Nigeria. The research will cover three main organisations. Abuja Municipal Area (AMAC), Berger Nigeria Plc and Ministry of Foreign Affair (MFA).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Productivity in every organization is the primary concern of employers in both public and private organizations. The attitude of workers ther...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF DISCIPLINARY MEASURES ON STAFF PERFORMANCE IN KADUNA STATE WATER BOARD AND SUNSEED NIGERIA LIMITED ZARIA» ABSTRACT The study entitled “Impact Assessment of Disciplinary measures on staff performance in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District an...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECTS OF ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF LIFE VEGETABLE OIL, NNEWI)» synopsis the major purpose of this study is to examine the effect of organizational structure on management with reference to life vegetable nnewi. th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Qualitative, independent media reporting on corruption can play an important role in pressuring the government t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The impact of staff training on the performance of local government area staff in Anambra state has many problems affecting it. These include...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1Background of the StudyThe concept of community and Rural Development (CRD) as an alternative strategy to overall developmen...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A case study of Local Government council in Lagos State)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The local government has long being in existence although it is under the supervision of the stat...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE ON SERVICE DELIVERY IN KATSINA AND BINDAWA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KATSINA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The post 1945 period has seen a very great extension of democratic government. Virtually most cou...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Motivation on bank employee was established by the organization (bank) with the aim to reset the healthy co...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF KUDAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE)» ABSTRACT This project entitled the role of Local Government in National Development with Kudan Local Government of Kaduna State as a Case Study. The r...Continue Reading »