Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Nigeria is a dynamic country that is blessed with abundant human and natural resources. The country has a publication of 140 million according to the 2006 census figures and high amongst the oil exporting countries.
Human resources is invariably the most important resources of Nigeria even when there are gigantic machines, sophisticated equipment and natural resources human resources still prevail. This therefore, calls for the need to adequately develop the human resources and then utilize human resources for the development of the Nigerian economy. The important of the human resource development in the Nigeria civil services as well as other organizations is unique and cannot be under=estimated. This is because; human resources is easily recognized as the most important of the resource requirement for the production of goods
and services. It is the master key to the rapid industrialization and socio-economic growth.
Nagga (2000) posited that a country that under-rates the critical roles and underplays the importance of people in goal achievement can neither be effective nor efficient. He stressed that, of all factors contributing to the growth and development of nation, the human resource is unquestionably the most crucial. This implied that we might have money. Highly sophisticated machine, high quality material and land with the most precious materials on it. Unless we have the right quality and quantity of human resources, real development and economic growth will be almost impossible.
The above view underscores the fundamental role which human labour play as one of the basic element of management in economic development in Nigeria. It is against this background that the researcher got interest in the field of human resources. Since no economy can function efficiently without skilled and adequately developed workforce.
It is in the light of the above background on the contribution of human resources development to economic growth in Abuja municipal area council. That this research is conceived. The research will investigate the importance of human resources for economic growth and development in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Human resource development problems in Nigeria appears to be on the increase. The unemployment phenomenon seems to be compounded with the absence and misplacement of human resource to capability of the public and private sectors of the economy to provide such opportunity for human resources at their disposal.
This problem of Nigeria under-employment lies primary with the neglect of its human resources potential. This study therefore, is aimed at finding out the important of human resources for economic growth and development of the country.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
i) To study the importance of human resources for economic growth and development
ii) To study how best to manage the human resources for economic growth and development.
iii) To ascertain, evaluate and examine the extent to which increase in investment of human resources development could serve to economic growth and development.
iv) To find out the problem to the management of human resources
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i What are the importance of human resources for economic growth and development?
ii. How best can the human resource be managed for economic growth and development?
iii. To what extent has the development of human resource contributed to the economic growth and development?
iv. What are the problems involved in the management of human resources for economic growth and development?
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is based on the importance of human resources as a catalyst for economic growth and development in Nigeria. The research will cover three main organisations. Abuja Municipal Area (AMAC), Berger Nigeria Plc and Ministry of Foreign Affair (MFA).
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF HEALTH EDUCATION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN BWARI AREA COUNCIL, FCT-ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In developed and developing countries there are wide range of taxes and levies that affect indivi...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 97 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
2. IMPACT OF CASH MANAGEMENT ON STATE PUBLIC SECTOR IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE OF NIGERIA BETWEEN AUGUST 2014 AND JULY 2015)» ASTRACT The research work was to investigate the impact of cash management on the state public sector of Nigeria. The stated hypothesis is to determin...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 893 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The oil producing area of’ Nigeria, known as Niger Delta Region is faced with serious crisis caused by the assumed denial to have a fai...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 66 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
4. APPLICATION OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS STRATEGIES IN ADDRESSING HOST COMMUNITY HOSTILITY (A STUDY OF RIDO VILLAGE, KADUNA, HOST COMMUNITY OF KADUNA REFIN...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Background to the Study The Nigerian oil and gas industry dates back to 1958 when oil was first discovered by Shell D’Arcy at Oloibi...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 263 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
5. THE PROBLEM AND PROSPECTS OF EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR: HOW DOES ICT INTERVENE» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Performance management system is a continuous process of improving individuals, team and organiz...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 174 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
6. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CAPACITY BUILDING AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SECTOR: AN EXAMINATION (A CASE STUDY OF SOKOTO STATE TEACHER’S SERVI...» ...Continue Reading »
100 pages | 92 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
7. THE PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF REVENUE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL GOVERNMENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ANINRI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STAT...» ABSTRACT When the researcher chose this topic: THE PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF REVENUE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL GOVERNMENT, she was inspired by the...Continue Reading »
97 pages | 235 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background As a corporate body, the military is the easiest tool employed by political leaders to achieve the success tha...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 884 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
9. ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF PRICING POLICIES OF AGRICULTURAL INPUTS IN KEBBI STATE (A CASE STUDY OF KASCOM NIGERIA LIMITED)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The disappointing performance of the agricultural sector in many developing countries of the worl...Continue Reading »
94 pages | 92 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Corporate Governance is a number of process, customers, policies, laws and institutions which imp...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 125 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION