Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Nigeria is a dynamic country that is blessed with abundant human and natural resources. The country has a publication of 140 million according to the 2006 census figures and high amongst the oil exporting countries.
Human resources is invariably the most important resources of Nigeria even when there are gigantic machines, sophisticated equipment and natural resources human resources still prevail. This therefore, calls for the need to adequately develop the human resources and then utilize human resources for the development of the Nigerian economy. The important of the human resource development in the Nigeria civil services as well as other organizations is unique and cannot be under=estimated. This is because; human resources is easily recognized as the most important of the resource requirement for the production of goods
and services. It is the master key to the rapid industrialization and socio-economic growth.
Nagga (2000) posited that a country that under-rates the critical roles and underplays the importance of people in goal achievement can neither be effective nor efficient. He stressed that, of all factors contributing to the growth and development of nation, the human resource is unquestionably the most crucial. This implied that we might have money. Highly sophisticated machine, high quality material and land with the most precious materials on it. Unless we have the right quality and quantity of human resources, real development and economic growth will be almost impossible.
The above view underscores the fundamental role which human labour play as one of the basic element of management in economic development in Nigeria. It is against this background that the researcher got interest in the field of human resources. Since no economy can function efficiently without skilled and adequately developed workforce.
It is in the light of the above background on the contribution of human resources development to economic growth in Abuja municipal area council. That this research is conceived. The research will investigate the importance of human resources for economic growth and development in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Human resource development problems in Nigeria appears to be on the increase. The unemployment phenomenon seems to be compounded with the absence and misplacement of human resource to capability of the public and private sectors of the economy to provide such opportunity for human resources at their disposal.
This problem of Nigeria under-employment lies primary with the neglect of its human resources potential. This study therefore, is aimed at finding out the important of human resources for economic growth and development of the country.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
i) To study the importance of human resources for economic growth and development
ii) To study how best to manage the human resources for economic growth and development.
iii) To ascertain, evaluate and examine the extent to which increase in investment of human resources development could serve to economic growth and development.
iv) To find out the problem to the management of human resources
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i What are the importance of human resources for economic growth and development?
ii. How best can the human resource be managed for economic growth and development?
iii. To what extent has the development of human resource contributed to the economic growth and development?
iv. What are the problems involved in the management of human resources for economic growth and development?
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is based on the importance of human resources as a catalyst for economic growth and development in Nigeria. The research will cover three main organisations. Abuja Municipal Area (AMAC), Berger Nigeria Plc and Ministry of Foreign Affair (MFA).
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF MANPOWER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT IN SERVICE ORGANIZATION A STUDY OF PHCN ZARIA ZONE IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a developing country like Nigeria, training and development of manpower resources is highly ne...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 232 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
2. EFFECT OF CORRUPTION ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA: A STUDY OF OHAUKWU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE.» ABSTRACT This research work is on effect of corruption on local government administration in Nigeria: A study of Ohaukwu Local Government Area. Corrup...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 42 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT This study was on investment management practices and growth of public enterprises in Enugu state, Nigeria. The objective of this thesis was ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 194 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyMany forms of governance, institutions and bureaucracies that were transferred to a majority of Afri...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 161 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
5. THE CONTRIBUTION OF YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In Nigeria, youth activities date back to the pre colonial era within youth, in spite of their li...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 150 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the major problems confronting management today is that of motivation to perform assigned task to meet ...Continue Reading »
102 pages | 61 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
7. REVENUE MOBILIZATION AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION (A Case Study of Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on Revenue Mobilization as a tool for effective Local Government Administration, taking Sanga Local Government Area as a c...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 68 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
8. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CAPACITY BUILDING AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SECTOR: AN EXAMINATION (A CASE STUDY OF SOKOTO STATE TEACHER’S SERVI...» ...Continue Reading »
100 pages | 60 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
9. THE ROLE OF NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS (A CASE STUDY OF COMMUNITY SELF-HELP ORGANIZATION IN AWGU LOCAL GOVER...» abstract this research work is designed primarily to examine and assess the roles being played by non governmental organizations in the development of...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 55 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Administration in the general sense is usually described in terms of a cooperative human effort d...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 151 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION