Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦10,000
1.1 Background Of Study
Corporate Sponsorship Promotion is the fastest growing marketing communication strategy. The growing demand and practice of this strategy by organisation is as a result of the growing influence of marketing communication as a one stop strategy in creating sustainable demand and excitement for an organization’s product and services.
A large number of organisations in different industries these days view corporate sponsorship promotion as an undisputed marketing, public relations and advertising strategy for promoting and raising the image credibility and demand for an organization’s products and services in competitive market. Corporate sponsorship promotion allows organization to reach specifically targeted niche markets by providing for the customers and the society. In addition, it is a powerful complement to other marketing programmes, having a dramatic influence on customer relations and satisfaction.
Corporate sponsorship promotion offers the possibility of achieving several goals at once. These include, enhancing image, shaping customer attitudes, driving sales, creating positive publicity, heightening visibility, differentiating from competitors, projecting corporate citizen role, enhancing customer relations; and
Adile’s M.Sc Public Relations Thesis
above all, improving customers’ status or changing the face of the society.
According to Okoro, (1998: 154);
In today’s business, whether profit making or non-profit making; sponsorship has become a forceful marketing tool. In programmes, products, events, and movements, innovations abound in structure, style, nature and momentum of sponsorships. Today, the promotional strategist has an inexhaustible opportunity to promote his goods, via programmes and special events that pull the target market
All over the world, there have been pronounced changes in view of many
corporations about Marketing, Public relations, Advertising, and corporate
sponsorship promotion, which have paralleled and partly reflected the rapid
movement toward the process of integrated marketing communication (IMC).
According to Belch and Belch (2004:9), “Integrated marketing communication
involves the coordination of the various promotional elements and other
marketing activities that communicate with a firm’s customers”.
Don E. Schultz in his contribution to the ‘Marketing News’ (January 18, 1993:17):
recognized the America Association Advertising Agencies (the ‘4As) definition of
as one of the first developed definition of the concept. Quoting the 4A’s definition,
Schultz defined integrated marketing communication as,
A concept of marketing communication planning that recognizes the added value of a comprehensive plan that evaluates the strategic roles of a variety of communication disciplines – for example, general advertising, direct response, sales promotion, and public relations – and combines these disciplines to provide clarity, consistency, and maximum communications impact.
Adile’s M.Sc Public Relations Thesis
Schultz further noted that the process of integrated marketing communications calls for the ‘big picture’ approach to planning marketing and promotion programmes and coordinating the various communication functions. It requires that firms develop a total marketing communications strategy that recognizes how all of a firm’s marketing activities, not just promotion, communicate with its customers. As a result, there are today few subjects of more concern to corporate survival than corporate sponsorship promotion; a Marketing, Public relations, Advertising strategy.
Today, corporate marketing objective has shifted emphasis from production and product to consumer satisfaction and societal welfare. A development that is responsible for the increasing focus of major industries on corporate sponsorship promotion as a veritable tool in the attainment of their corporate development and marketing objectives. According to Smith et al (2006:68)
Emphasis is now on the needs, wants and preference of consumers, which must determine product characteristics, pricing, distribution, advertising, promotion, selling as well as service. Society is now also concern about the protection of the physical environment, product safety and job creation. (Smith et al 2000)
The changing priority on corporate sponsorship promotion emanate from the new emphasis on relationship marketing. Today, most corporate marketers are seeking more than just a one-time exchange or transaction with the customers. The focus of market-driven companies is on developing and sustaining relationships with their customers. This has led to a new emphasis on relationship marketing, which involves creating, maintaining, and enhancing long-
Adile’s M.Sc Public Relations Thesis
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EMPOLYMENT PROCEDURE & ITS EFFECT ON PRODUCTIVITY IN GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL BOARD FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY No organization can function without corporate objectives; organizational objectives are ...Continue Reading »
2. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF TOURISM IN ADAMAWA STATE A CASE STUDY OF YOLA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Tourism is defined as a composite of activities, services, and industries that delivers a travel experience to individuals an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The construction industry is an established industry: the sector regarded as a catalyst for growt...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY:The general consensus among economists and policy analysts at the World Bank, the International Mon...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF CORRUPTION ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA: A STUDY OF OHAUKWU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE.» ABSTRACT This research work is on effect of corruption on local government administration in Nigeria: A study of Ohaukwu Local Government Area. Corrup...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research project tends to examine Occupational Hazards among Hawkers in Pen Cinema Area of Agege, Lagos State. Survey design was employe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Background of the Study This study intends to shed more light on the impact of public procurement act on the accountability of procurement...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research project is on Library Resources and Security Challenges in the Library of Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri. Data was collecte...Continue Reading »
9. PRIVATISATION OF GOVERNMENT OWNED ENTERPRISE FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE: A STUDY OF NIGERIA TELECOMMUNICATION SECTOR» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Privatization, which now occupies the center stage in global economic liberalization, is regarded...Continue Reading »
10. THE CHALLENGES OF PEACE AND SECURITY AND THE ROLE OF DRUG PEDDLERS AND CULTISM IN OBOSI TOWN IN ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to Study The explosion of drug peddling and cultism in the higher institutions of learning in Anambra State is a g...Continue Reading »