Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 116 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study examined the socio-cultural factors and challenges affecting girl-child education in Sabon-gari and Zaria Local Government Areas of Kaduna State(2009-2013). The problem investigated revolved aroundearly marriage, purdah system, government policies and programmes. The study aimed to determine the extent to which early marriage and purdah hinders or affects the education of the girl-child and to examine how government policies and programmes may have promoted girl-child education in Sabon-gari and Zaria Local Government Areas of Kaduna State.Data was collected using structured questionnaire and structured interview. Quantitative data was analysed using frequency counts and percentages while the Karl Pearson’s coefficient of correlation was used to test the hypotheses with SPSS version 20.0. The study established that the parents in Sabon-gari and Zaria Local Government Areas give unequal educational opportunity to their children (boys & girls) because majority of the girls below 18years were giving out for early marriage and this religious/ cultural practices have hindered girl-child education in these local government areas, and that there is strong practice of purdah in Sabon-gari and Zaria local government areas as a result of religious and cultural beliefs of the majority of the inhabitants, and this have prevented girls from furthering their education and engaging in economic activities or skill acquisition programs. The study recommends among others that regular awareness campaigns and seminars should be held especially in the rural areas about the importance of girl-child education. Also, adult education centre should be established in rural areas so that even the girls who dropped out as a result of early marriage or purdah system can benefit from it, after all, education is a lifelong process. More so, it was recommended that parents, state and federal government should jointly and cooperatively promote girl-child education using all means at their disposal to eliminate religious, cultural, social, and economic barriers to the education of the girl-child.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This project investigates the growth and development of travel agency business in Kaduna metropolis. Brief history of travel agency was discu...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 43 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The research provides a conceptual and theoretical study of retirement policy and the problem of implementation in Nigeria public sector. It ...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 308 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
3. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF MOTIVATION ON EMPLOYEE TURNOVER IN DAWAKINKUDU AND TARAUNI LOCAL GOVERNMENT EDUCATION AUTHORITIES OF KANO STATE» Abstract This study is an “Assessment of the Effect of Motivation on Employee Turnover in Dawakinkudu and Tarauni LGEAs of Kano State from 2011 ...Continue Reading »
150 pages | 201 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Governance at the local level plays a crucial role in ensuring the provision of services to the p...Continue Reading »
113 pages | 67 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to determine the impact of socioeconomic status on mental health. Two hypotheses were formulated to achieve the ...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 205 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
6. ASSESSMENT OF THE LEVEL OF FARMERS‟ PARTICIPATION IN THE SUCCESS OF KOGI STATE COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME» ABSTRACT The Kogi State Commercial Agriculture Development Programme (KSCADP) was established as part of the government transformation programme in th...Continue Reading »
163 pages | 59 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» Abstract This study examines the contributions of Ebre women society to Nigeria socio political development. It gives the detrimental effects which th...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 45 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE General Introduction 1.1 Background of the study The phenomenon, “crime” has been a major subject of private and public concer...Continue Reading »
145 pages | 163 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT This study was initiated to investigate the relationship between poverty and access to justice in Dutsin ma local government. Specific object...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 53 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
10. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES IN SOLVING UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEM IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IGBO-EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, E...» abstract this study is on a strong impression of effective management of resources in solving unemployment problem in nigeria. this researcher wants t...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 149 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION