Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 95 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study is assessed the role of women organisations in managing conflict in Sanga and Kaura local government of Kaduna state. Thus the objective of the study is to assess the effectiveness of women organisations in mediation, reconstruction and stabilisation of IDPs in Kaura and Sanga LGAS. The study was anchored on the Liberal feminist theory. The study adopted the use of mixed method approach. Data were collected through the use of interview and questionnaire on the role of women in mediation, stabilization and reconstruction in conflict management. The data collected were analysed using statistical tools of percentages and spearman rank correlation. The result of the analysis revealed that women organisations were very effective in mediating conflicting parties in Kaura and Sanga LGAs. Women organisations were recognized institutions in reconstruction of social and economic activities of conflict affected areas. The study revealed that IDPs were integrated back into their various societies. In line with findings of the study, it was recommended that governments and other stakeholders in conflict management should provide women organisations with specialized training in conflict resolution. Government should support the affirmative action; adaptation of quota system to guarantee women’s political participation in post conflict transition.
INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study
Nigeria is a country of over 170 million population, and has about 250 ethnic groups,
with the majority been the Hausa/Fulani, Igbo and Yoruba and predominately Muslims and
Christians. She was a colony of the British and by the 1914 the northern and southern part were
amalgamated to form a colony. After independence in 1960, Nigeria experienced various
conflicts: civil war, religious crises and various communal crises. They include Nigerian-Biafran
civil war 1967-1970, Inter-communal conflicts in Nigeria like; the Ife-Modakeke crises in Osun
state, the Zagon Kataf 1992 crises in Kaduna state, Internal conflicts in South-eastern part of
Nigeria; Aguleri-Umuleri conflict, the ethno-religious crises in Kano and Kaduna states of
Nigeria, marginalisation and the Niger Delta crises; Ogoni, Ijaw and Warri crises. The
government of Nigeria as well as different civil societies has developed strategies in managing
the different conflicts in Nigeria.-Clark (2009).
Conflict has the effect of shaking societies, and one common element is that it often takes
women from traditionally conservative role in managing conflict to a more avant-garde, exposed
and formal role in managing conflict. It has led to the exposure and bringing into limelight
women participation in key policy issues.
There is now a strong body of in
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This research work titled “Analysis of the Strategies for Employment Generation in Nigeria’’ was conducted to identify the ...Continue Reading »
2. FRAUD CONTROL IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM, CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS: A STUDY OF EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (2003-2014)» ABSTRACT This work titled “Fraud Control in the Local Government System; Challenges and Prospects; A Study of Ebonyi Local Government Area (2003...Continue Reading »
3. CHALLENGES OF DEVELOPING SECURITY PROGRAMMES IN NIGERIA AND IT'S IMPLICATION ON SAFETY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND The essence of security, as noted by Nwolise (2007), is to ensure human safety and freedom. Without the security of life an...Continue Reading »
4. AN ASSESSMENT OF PENSION REFORM AGENDA OF OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ADMINISTRATION 2004. (A STUDY OF FEDERAL MINISTRY OF INTERIOR,) ANAMBRA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study is to assess the pension reform agenda of Olusegun Obasanjo Administration 2004; a study of Federal Ministry...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, Nigeria has had a number of laudable projects that makes one proud of being a Nigeria...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Before and after independence Nigeria was plagued with the problem of how to cope with the health status of her citizenry. This problem cut a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study based on public relation and it’s impact in the banking industry (a case study of GTbank Kaduna branch). The study adopted su...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF REVENUE MOBILIZATION, ALLOCATION AND FISCAL COMMISSION, ABUJA)» ABSTRACT Human resource (people) plays a vital role in contributing to the success of any organization. In fact, without human resource development, a...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Conventionally, air injection has been used for recovery of heavy crude oil in the production field, but studies have shown that depletion of...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research project tends to examine Occupational Hazards among Hawkers in Pen Cinema Area of Agege, Lagos State. Survey design was employe...Continue Reading »