Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 95 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study is assessed the role of women organisations in managing conflict in Sanga and Kaura local government of Kaduna state. Thus the objective of the study is to assess the effectiveness of women organisations in mediation, reconstruction and stabilisation of IDPs in Kaura and Sanga LGAS. The study was anchored on the Liberal feminist theory. The study adopted the use of mixed method approach. Data were collected through the use of interview and questionnaire on the role of women in mediation, stabilization and reconstruction in conflict management. The data collected were analysed using statistical tools of percentages and spearman rank correlation. The result of the analysis revealed that women organisations were very effective in mediating conflicting parties in Kaura and Sanga LGAs. Women organisations were recognized institutions in reconstruction of social and economic activities of conflict affected areas. The study revealed that IDPs were integrated back into their various societies. In line with findings of the study, it was recommended that governments and other stakeholders in conflict management should provide women organisations with specialized training in conflict resolution. Government should support the affirmative action; adaptation of quota system to guarantee women’s political participation in post conflict transition.
INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study
Nigeria is a country of over 170 million population, and has about 250 ethnic groups,
with the majority been the Hausa/Fulani, Igbo and Yoruba and predominately Muslims and
Christians. She was a colony of the British and by the 1914 the northern and southern part were
amalgamated to form a colony. After independence in 1960, Nigeria experienced various
conflicts: civil war, religious crises and various communal crises. They include Nigerian-Biafran
civil war 1967-1970, Inter-communal conflicts in Nigeria like; the Ife-Modakeke crises in Osun
state, the Zagon Kataf 1992 crises in Kaduna state, Internal conflicts in South-eastern part of
Nigeria; Aguleri-Umuleri conflict, the ethno-religious crises in Kano and Kaduna states of
Nigeria, marginalisation and the Niger Delta crises; Ogoni, Ijaw and Warri crises. The
government of Nigeria as well as different civil societies has developed strategies in managing
the different conflicts in Nigeria.-Clark (2009).
Conflict has the effect of shaking societies, and one common element is that it often takes
women from traditionally conservative role in managing conflict to a more avant-garde, exposed
and formal role in managing conflict. It has led to the exposure and bringing into limelight
women participation in key policy issues.
There is now a strong body of in
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF MANPOWER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT IN SERVICE ORGANIZATION A STUDY OF PHCN ZARIA ZONE IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a developing country like Nigeria, training and development of manpower resources is highly ne...Continue Reading »
2. PUBLIC RELATIONS AND IMAGE MAKING IN GOVERNMENT: A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE WASTE MANAGEMENT AGENCY (LAWMA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The term “Public Relations “was used for the first time in the United States and the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Nigerian banking industry has witnessed tremendous changes and expansion since the mid 1980s....Continue Reading »
4. A STUDY INTO THE CHALLENGES OF INCOME TAXATION IN GHANA: A CASE STUDY OF INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE- EASTERN REGIONAL OFFICE» ABSTRACT Revenue from tax which is a big source of revenue to the Government has been a major concern to many developing countries such as Ghana in re...Continue Reading »
5. FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL AND THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF ABAKILIKI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EBONYI STATE)» ABSTRACT When the researcher chose this topic “fuel subsidy removal and Nigerian economy” she was inspired on how Nigerians reacted toward...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work examined the access and utilization of antenatal care cervices for women in Kano State. Data from the study was obtained f...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF THE SOCIO-CULTURAL FACTORS AFFECTING GIRL-CHILD EDUCATION IN SABON-GARI AND ZARIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This study examined the socio cultural factors and challenges affecting girl child education in Sabon gari and Zaria Local Government Areas o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Apart from the impacts of ICT on the entire societal fabric, one of the goals of Ahmadu Bello University is to be a renowned and celebrated a...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF POOR REVENUE GENERATION ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS (A CASE STUDY OF UMUAHIA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Development is a sine qua non for modern civilization. In a crusade and struggle to carryout development at al...Continue Reading »
10. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND EMPLOYEE RETENTION IN PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATIONS: IMPLICATION FOR A TIMELY INTERVENTION (A CASE STUDY OF...» CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Career development and employee retention are key strategic considerations for all organ...Continue Reading »