Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 128 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Unemployment’s problem affects youths from a broad spectrum of socio-economic backgrounds, both educated and less educated. The symptoms of unemployment manifested in all sphere of live such as armed robbery, prostitution, poverty among others. The general belief is that unemployment among youths is a reality, and unemployed youths have become a threat to lives and properties even within families. This study assesses the role of State in addressing unemployment, an assessment of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) in Gombe Local Government area of Gombe State. Based on data obtained from Gombe State Bureau of Statistics which shows that, Gombe State has not been immune from this spiraling scourge of unemployment. To address this problem, data was generated from both secondary and primary sources. The study has revealed that the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) has so far done fairly well in training and skills acquisition and it is only in the disbursement of take-off capital after post training that it did not do well. The study also revealed that the impact of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) on unemployed youths in Gombe State has not been positive and have not been effectively and adequately achieved its set objectives of reducing the level of unemployment. Based on the findings, the study recommends, amongst others that government at all levels should strengthen existing job creation strategies and agencies. It further recommends that the agency should be provided with back-up support services like capital for the participants after the training to set up their business.Structural functional theory was used to guide the study.
1.1 Background to the Study
Unemployment and poverty, especially among secondary school leavers and graduates of tertiary
institutions, have remained some of the fundamental challenges threatening the political stability
and economic development of most contemporary African countries.One defining moment in
which this problem manifested itself was during the economic recessionof the early 1980s which
affected nearly all developing countries. In general, unemployment is one malaise and
developmental problem that afflicts not only less developed economiesbut also industrialized
ones.Governmental performance everywhere in the world, for instance, is often gauged based on
the rate at which unemployment is tackled. Importantly, it is often the case that reducing the
unemployment index is a way of abating poverty in an economy. When poverty is tackled,
political stability is often gained.
Nigeria, the most populous country in Africaand the largest economy on the continent
(Somasundara, 2015) with a population of about 160million, is endowed with diverse human and
material resources. However, the nation has been bedeviled by the challenge of unemployment
for many succeeding decades. The phenomenon has demanded attention from policy makers,
politicians and social scientists. Unfortunately, ye
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study People have devise and lived under various forms of government in different countries of ...Continue Reading »
2. POLITICAL PARTICIPATION AND DEMOCRATIC CONSOLIDATION IN NIGERIA; A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE 2007-2017» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to evaluate political participation and democratic consolidation in Nigeria with a particular reference to Enugu St...Continue Reading »
3. CORRUPTION AND INSECURITY IN NIGERIA: A FIGHT AGAINST IT (A STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION)» ABSTRACT This research work focuses on corruption and insecurity in Nigeria a fight against it with particular reference to economic and financial cri...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLES OF TRADITIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF IDAH LOCAL GOVERNMENT, KOGI STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There have been changes in the role of traditional Institution in Nigeria as it Applies to co...Continue Reading »
5. REASONS WHY PROGRAMMES DESIGNED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO BOOST MANUFACTURING INDIGENOUS FIRM PERFORMANCE DO NOT EFFECTIVELY ACHIEVE ITS ROLE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Indigenous Firms (Indigenous Firm) as defined by the National Council of Industries refer to business...Continue Reading »
6. SMALL GOVERNMENT AND BETTER SERVICE DELIVERY IN LIBERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF THE 2008 CIVIL SERVICE REFORM» ABSTRACT The study appraised ways in which the 2008 Civil service Reform could lead to Small Government and Better Service Delivery in Liberia. This b...Continue Reading »
» Abstract One of the biggest issues Nigeria is grappling with, apart from systemic corruption, is that of the perennial struggle among the various regi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study Beginning from the early 1950s, various models have been used in the government of Local Communiti...Continue Reading »
9. CHANGE IN POLITICAL ADMINISTRATION AND IT IMPACT ON THE ECONOMNY OF NIGERIA. AN APPRAISAL OF THE MUHAMMADU BUHARI ADMINISTRATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The socio economic development of any society is intemperately depending on the nature, character...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 Background of Study Impeachment or removal of the President or Vice President from office by the National Assembly is a strong political weapon an...Continue Reading »