Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 128 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Unemployment’s problem affects youths from a broad spectrum of socio-economic backgrounds, both educated and less educated. The symptoms of unemployment manifested in all sphere of live such as armed robbery, prostitution, poverty among others. The general belief is that unemployment among youths is a reality, and unemployed youths have become a threat to lives and properties even within families. This study assesses the role of State in addressing unemployment, an assessment of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) in Gombe Local Government area of Gombe State. Based on data obtained from Gombe State Bureau of Statistics which shows that, Gombe State has not been immune from this spiraling scourge of unemployment. To address this problem, data was generated from both secondary and primary sources. The study has revealed that the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) has so far done fairly well in training and skills acquisition and it is only in the disbursement of take-off capital after post training that it did not do well. The study also revealed that the impact of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) on unemployed youths in Gombe State has not been positive and have not been effectively and adequately achieved its set objectives of reducing the level of unemployment. Based on the findings, the study recommends, amongst others that government at all levels should strengthen existing job creation strategies and agencies. It further recommends that the agency should be provided with back-up support services like capital for the participants after the training to set up their business.Structural functional theory was used to guide the study.
1.1 Background to the Study
Unemployment and poverty, especially among secondary school leavers and graduates of tertiary
institutions, have remained some of the fundamental challenges threatening the political stability
and economic development of most contemporary African countries.One defining moment in
which this problem manifested itself was during the economic recessionof the early 1980s which
affected nearly all developing countries. In general, unemployment is one malaise and
developmental problem that afflicts not only less developed economiesbut also industrialized
ones.Governmental performance everywhere in the world, for instance, is often gauged based on
the rate at which unemployment is tackled. Importantly, it is often the case that reducing the
unemployment index is a way of abating poverty in an economy. When poverty is tackled,
political stability is often gained.
Nigeria, the most populous country in Africaand the largest economy on the continent
(Somasundara, 2015) with a population of about 160million, is endowed with diverse human and
material resources. However, the nation has been bedeviled by the challenge of unemployment
for many succeeding decades. The phenomenon has demanded attention from policy makers,
politicians and social scientists. Unfortunately, ye
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE PRESS WAR AGAINST POLITICAL INDISCIPLINE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE PUNCH NEWSPAPERS 1999-2007)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY “Without information there is no accountability, Information is power and the more people w...Continue Reading »
2. A REVIEW OF WOMEN PARTICIPATION IN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS OF PDP IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE (2007-2013)» ABSTRACT This research work entitled “A Review of women participation in leadership positions of PDP in Kaduna North Local Government Area of Ka...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Food insecurity and armed conflict are two major problems that have aroused the attention of inte...Continue Reading »
4. THE GLOBAL REVOLUTION IN MILITARY AFFAIRS AND COMBAT EFFECTIVENESS: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES» ABSTRACT 1. This research was conducted to highlight the impact of RMA on combat effectiveness. It was carried out to confirm how RMA can have an effe...Continue Reading »
5. INFLUENCE OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON NIGERIAN UNDERGRADUATES DRESSING HABIT (A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG), LAGOS AND WESLEY UNIVERSITY ...» Chapter 1Introduction1:1 Introduction1:2 Background of the Study1:3 Statements of Problems1:4 Objectives of the Study1:5 Research Question1:6 Study of...Continue Reading »
6. THE NATURE AND MANAGEMENT OF INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS (IDPs) IN NORTHERN NIGERIA, FROM 2012-2015» This dissertation set to find out the Nature and Management of Internally Displaced Persons from 2012 to 2015, taking northern Nigeria as a case study...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY Corruption is a global issue which is an endemic to government all over the world. The World Bank website...Continue Reading »
8. ELECTION AND POLITICAL VIOLENCE IN NIGERIA: AN EVALUATION OF POST 2011 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Elections in Nigeria since political independence, has been characterised by violence activities that often resulted in socio economic tensio...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Violence against women or domestic violence has been a serious problem in most societies throughout history especially Nigeria, and this is p...Continue Reading »
10. INTERNET USE AND ACADEMIC STAFF PERFORMANCE IN BABCOCK UNIVERSITY AND OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY (2008 – 2015)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1:1 Background to the Study Development in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has made tremendous impact in the 2...Continue Reading »