Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 129 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study examines the role being played by the National Council of Women Societies in empowering women in Kaduna South Local Government Area of Kaduna State. There is a consensus amongst scholars of development studies that abject poverty is rampant among women at the grassroots level of developing countries. Government and non-governmental organizations have attempted and are still trying to alleviate poverty among women through various empowerment programmes. This study examined the role of NCWS in the empowerment of women in Kaduna south L.G.A of Kaduna state. The study is based on the assumption that the empowerment programmes of the National Council of Women Societies have played a significant role in the empowerment of women in the Kaduna South Local Government Area in the period 2003-2015. Women in Development theory was adopted as a theoretical guide of this work. According to the assumption of this theory, access to and control over productive resources are the most important sources of the relation power and well-being of men and women, and the greater women‟s relative economic power, the greater their self-esteem and control over their own lives but what is observed is that the economic independence of women is a mirage rather than reality. Both primary and secondary sources were used to collect data which were quantitatively and qualitatively analyzed. The study revealed that the activities of the National Council of Women Societies has not significantly uplifted the welfare of women beneficiaries of its programme in the area under study. It also revealed that the interventions of National Council of Women Societies have not positively impacted on the lives of poor women that are the beneficiaries of the empowerment programmes within the period under study. It, therefore, recommended that there is need for diversification of the sources of incomes of NCWS and collaboration of government and non-governmental organizations to put more efforts in poverty alleviation among women. Also sincerity of purpose should be the slogan of NCWS in the process of women empowerment rather than involving politics in it.
1.1 Background to the Study
The issue of women empowerment has undoubtedly become an integral part of contemporary
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ratio has been most important tools for the effective development of manufacturing companies and industries,...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 201 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This mini project aimed to Critically evaluate the causes of conflict among resident in uyo metropolis and modalities of resolving them. Conf...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 728 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Benin kingdom during Oba Ewedor who was the 4th Oba in Benin Kingdom he reigned from 1255 to 1280...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 258 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The National Electric Power Authority which is today known as Power Holding Company of Nigeria (P...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 494 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This dissertation is a study of the role the youths played in the movement for political change in Egypt. In Egypt the youths experienced hig...Continue Reading »
109 pages | 36 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
6. Assessment of the Challenges to Nigeria’s Medium Power Role in Global Affairs: A Case Study of the Fourth Republic (1999-2015)» ABSTRACT Middle powers are nations that have considerable influence in global affairs. These countries usually take a multilateral approach to solving...Continue Reading »
142 pages | 17 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
7. THE ROLE OF FOREIGN ELECTORAL OBSERVERS ON ELECTION CREDIBILITY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the Study Nigeria’s politics right from the 90s is usually characterized by violence. It has always b...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 97 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The pride of any government is the attainment of higher value level of any development in such away that its citizens wou...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 1,091 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study is carried out to investigate the effect of internet use on performance of academic staff of Babcock University and Obafemi Awolow...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 97 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
10. An Assessment of the Military Special Task Force and Non-Governmental Organisations Interventions in Peacebuilding Initiatives in Jos North LGA of Pla...» Abstract Since 2001, Jos North LGA in particular and Plateau State in general has been confronted with series of ethno religious conflicts which have ...Continue Reading »
132 pages | 28 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE