Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 129 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study examines the role being played by the National Council of Women Societies in empowering women in Kaduna South Local Government Area of Kaduna State. There is a consensus amongst scholars of development studies that abject poverty is rampant among women at the grassroots level of developing countries. Government and non-governmental organizations have attempted and are still trying to alleviate poverty among women through various empowerment programmes. This study examined the role of NCWS in the empowerment of women in Kaduna south L.G.A of Kaduna state. The study is based on the assumption that the empowerment programmes of the National Council of Women Societies have played a significant role in the empowerment of women in the Kaduna South Local Government Area in the period 2003-2015. Women in Development theory was adopted as a theoretical guide of this work. According to the assumption of this theory, access to and control over productive resources are the most important sources of the relation power and well-being of men and women, and the greater women‟s relative economic power, the greater their self-esteem and control over their own lives but what is observed is that the economic independence of women is a mirage rather than reality. Both primary and secondary sources were used to collect data which were quantitatively and qualitatively analyzed. The study revealed that the activities of the National Council of Women Societies has not significantly uplifted the welfare of women beneficiaries of its programme in the area under study. It also revealed that the interventions of National Council of Women Societies have not positively impacted on the lives of poor women that are the beneficiaries of the empowerment programmes within the period under study. It, therefore, recommended that there is need for diversification of the sources of incomes of NCWS and collaboration of government and non-governmental organizations to put more efforts in poverty alleviation among women. Also sincerity of purpose should be the slogan of NCWS in the process of women empowerment rather than involving politics in it.
1.1 Background to the Study
The issue of women empowerment has undoubtedly become an integral part of contemporary
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF THE TRADITIONAL INSTITUTION IN PROMOTING POLITICAL STABILITY AND SUSTAINABLE DEMOCRACY IN AKWA IBOM STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY (INTRODUCTION) The administration of any state, society requires certain individuals to manage its affairs. Th...Continue Reading »
2. POLITICAL LEADERSHIP CRISIS AND SUSTAINABLE DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA FOURTH REPUBLIC (A CASE STUDY OF RIVERS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Africa is currently experiencing the paradox of her being. Poverty and squalor are but hallmarks ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There is no gainsaying the fact that the famous doctrine or principle of separation of powers is ...Continue Reading »
4. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT IN NIGER STATE A CASE STUDY OF RIJAU CIVIL SERVICE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Manpower development according to Branch (2000) is educational and development activities conducted by an enterprises to ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The problematic situation of developing societies to retain their medical personnel given their inability to institute viable manpower plan a...Continue Reading »
» Abstract For several scores of years, Nigeria has earned an appellation for herself as a showcase of Africa’s democracy. Paradoxically, every jo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The last three decades have witnessed unprecedented global transformation occasioned by a chain o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study inquires into, and surveys opinion of Nigerians on some of the factors that influence low voters’ participation and apathy i...Continue Reading »
9. COVERAGE OF FOREIGN NEWS BY NIGERIAN NEWSPAPERS: A CONTENT ANALYSIS OF THE GUARDIAN AND VANGUARD NEWSPAPERS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication is so vital in our lives that it could be regarded as one of the characteristics of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Nigeria is generally known to be blessed with both human and mineral resources. But, experiences ...Continue Reading »