Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 129 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study examines the role being played by the National Council of Women Societies in empowering women in Kaduna South Local Government Area of Kaduna State. There is a consensus amongst scholars of development studies that abject poverty is rampant among women at the grassroots level of developing countries. Government and non-governmental organizations have attempted and are still trying to alleviate poverty among women through various empowerment programmes. This study examined the role of NCWS in the empowerment of women in Kaduna south L.G.A of Kaduna state. The study is based on the assumption that the empowerment programmes of the National Council of Women Societies have played a significant role in the empowerment of women in the Kaduna South Local Government Area in the period 2003-2015. Women in Development theory was adopted as a theoretical guide of this work. According to the assumption of this theory, access to and control over productive resources are the most important sources of the relation power and well-being of men and women, and the greater women‟s relative economic power, the greater their self-esteem and control over their own lives but what is observed is that the economic independence of women is a mirage rather than reality. Both primary and secondary sources were used to collect data which were quantitatively and qualitatively analyzed. The study revealed that the activities of the National Council of Women Societies has not significantly uplifted the welfare of women beneficiaries of its programme in the area under study. It also revealed that the interventions of National Council of Women Societies have not positively impacted on the lives of poor women that are the beneficiaries of the empowerment programmes within the period under study. It, therefore, recommended that there is need for diversification of the sources of incomes of NCWS and collaboration of government and non-governmental organizations to put more efforts in poverty alleviation among women. Also sincerity of purpose should be the slogan of NCWS in the process of women empowerment rather than involving politics in it.
1.1 Background to the Study
The issue of women empowerment has undoubtedly become an integral part of contemporary
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SMALL GOVERNMENT AND BETTER SERVICE DELIVERY IN LIBERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF THE 2008 CIVIL SERVICE REFORM» ABSTRACT The study appraised ways in which the 2008 Civil service Reform could lead to Small Government and Better Service Delivery in Liberia. This b...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT 1. This research is about the conduct of elections and its effect on national security. The study was geared at determining 4 distinct object...Continue Reading »
3. ELECTIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA IN NIGERIA : A CASE STUDY OF APC AND PDP IN THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS» ABSTRACT The use of social media in politics has continued to grow in recent times. Since Barack Obama broke the world record in the history of social...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF INTERNAL GENERATED REVENUE (IGR) ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT SERVICE DELIVERY: A CASE STUDY OF KEFFI LOCAL GOVERNMENT NASSARAWA STATE» ABSTRACT The study on the effect of internal generated revenue (IGR) on local government service delivery aimed at evaluating the relationship between...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Prison is an institution designed to securely house people who have been convicted of crime o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Peace is a stated loved and sought after by so many, be it for economic, social or political reasons. Basically, peace me...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF UNEMPLOYMENT ON YOUTH DEVELOPMENT AND NATION BUILDING IN SOME SELECTED L. G. A IN EBONYI STATE.» ABSTRACT This research work made effort to examine empirically the impact of unemployment on youth development and nation building, using Afikpo, Ivo ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Federalism, according to K.C Where, is the method of dividing powers so that the central and regi...Continue Reading »
9. AN ANALYTICAL STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF PUBLIC OPINION ON PUBLIC POLICY IN NIGERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF 2010-2012» Abstract This research work that analysis on the impact of public opinion on public policy in Nigeria from 2010 2012 while narrowing it down to the ec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The role of Television in Political persuasion/Mobilization has been described as the role which television must play. This project will crit...Continue Reading »