Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 129 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study examines the role being played by the National Council of Women Societies in empowering women in Kaduna South Local Government Area of Kaduna State. There is a consensus amongst scholars of development studies that abject poverty is rampant among women at the grassroots level of developing countries. Government and non-governmental organizations have attempted and are still trying to alleviate poverty among women through various empowerment programmes. This study examined the role of NCWS in the empowerment of women in Kaduna south L.G.A of Kaduna state. The study is based on the assumption that the empowerment programmes of the National Council of Women Societies have played a significant role in the empowerment of women in the Kaduna South Local Government Area in the period 2003-2015. Women in Development theory was adopted as a theoretical guide of this work. According to the assumption of this theory, access to and control over productive resources are the most important sources of the relation power and well-being of men and women, and the greater women‟s relative economic power, the greater their self-esteem and control over their own lives but what is observed is that the economic independence of women is a mirage rather than reality. Both primary and secondary sources were used to collect data which were quantitatively and qualitatively analyzed. The study revealed that the activities of the National Council of Women Societies has not significantly uplifted the welfare of women beneficiaries of its programme in the area under study. It also revealed that the interventions of National Council of Women Societies have not positively impacted on the lives of poor women that are the beneficiaries of the empowerment programmes within the period under study. It, therefore, recommended that there is need for diversification of the sources of incomes of NCWS and collaboration of government and non-governmental organizations to put more efforts in poverty alleviation among women. Also sincerity of purpose should be the slogan of NCWS in the process of women empowerment rather than involving politics in it.
1.1 Background to the Study
The issue of women empowerment has undoubtedly become an integral part of contemporary
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGEMENT OF CONFERENCE AS A VERITABLE TOOL FOR ERADICATING CULTISM IN NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Tertiary institutions in Nigeria are expected to play a major role in the country’s human r...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 393 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
2. THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE MANAGEMENT OF CRISIS AND CONFLICT IN POLICING IJEBU-ODE LOCAL GOVERNMENT PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The police force is regarded as the most visible governmental agency through which the character ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 145 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
3. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT IN NIGER STATE A CASE STUDY OF RIJAU CIVIL SERVICE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Manpower development according to Branch (2000) is educational and development activities conducted by an enterprises to ...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 569 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
4. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY OF MILITARY RULE AND POLITICAL TRANSITION IN NIGERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF ABACHA REGIME (1993- 1998)» ABSTRACT This study analyzes military rule and the political transition to democracy in Nigeria. It enquires into how military intervenes in the Niger...Continue Reading »
115 pages | 293 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The concept of ethnic is derived from the Greek word “ethnos” meaning tribe or race. Niger De...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 318 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The re emergence of civilian rule in Nigeria in May 1999 was accompanied by increasing internal security (IS) challenges which have been limi...Continue Reading »
323 pages | 142 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
7. THE ROLES OF WOMEN IN KADUNA STATE POLITICS AS WELL AS THE PROSPECTS AND CONSTRAINTS OF THEIR PARTICIPATION IN POLITICS» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In most societies, women have not been accorded the freedom to such things like attending...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 442 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the Study The need to catalyze balanced development, maximize citizen's participation, and arouse government ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 705 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study was set out with 5 objectives: to establish the relationship between economic crimes and national security, to examine the effect ...Continue Reading »
94 pages | 452 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study examined the relationship between local government administration and rural development in Akwa Ibom state from 1999 to 2013. The ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 421 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE