Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 129 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study examines the role being played by the National Council of Women Societies in empowering women in Kaduna South Local Government Area of Kaduna State. There is a consensus amongst scholars of development studies that abject poverty is rampant among women at the grassroots level of developing countries. Government and non-governmental organizations have attempted and are still trying to alleviate poverty among women through various empowerment programmes. This study examined the role of NCWS in the empowerment of women in Kaduna south L.G.A of Kaduna state. The study is based on the assumption that the empowerment programmes of the National Council of Women Societies have played a significant role in the empowerment of women in the Kaduna South Local Government Area in the period 2003-2015. Women in Development theory was adopted as a theoretical guide of this work. According to the assumption of this theory, access to and control over productive resources are the most important sources of the relation power and well-being of men and women, and the greater women‟s relative economic power, the greater their self-esteem and control over their own lives but what is observed is that the economic independence of women is a mirage rather than reality. Both primary and secondary sources were used to collect data which were quantitatively and qualitatively analyzed. The study revealed that the activities of the National Council of Women Societies has not significantly uplifted the welfare of women beneficiaries of its programme in the area under study. It also revealed that the interventions of National Council of Women Societies have not positively impacted on the lives of poor women that are the beneficiaries of the empowerment programmes within the period under study. It, therefore, recommended that there is need for diversification of the sources of incomes of NCWS and collaboration of government and non-governmental organizations to put more efforts in poverty alleviation among women. Also sincerity of purpose should be the slogan of NCWS in the process of women empowerment rather than involving politics in it.
1.1 Background to the Study
The issue of women empowerment has undoubtedly become an integral part of contemporary
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Infant and child mortality are commonly on top of the agenda of Public health and International ...Continue Reading »
2. WELFARE PACKAGES AND EMPLOYEES’ SATISFACTION IN LAGOS AND OGUN STATE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT AUTHORITIES» ABSTRACT The study appraised how welfare packages influences employee satisfaction in Lagos and Ogun State traffic management authorities and also ide...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Historically, television broadcasting in Nigeria has been use as a medium of communication that s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The The world information flow controversy is perhaps the most topical issue in international com...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work has seriously analyzed procurement reforms act as tool for cost savings and accountability MKRPIC. Where the data was coll...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of conflicts on the level of maritime insecurity in the West Africa. It was observed that despite the vast ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE PARTY POLITICS AND DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE IN NIGERIA’S FOURTH REPUBLIC FROM 2011 TO 2015 1.1 INTRODUCTION Nigeria is strategically lo...Continue Reading »
8. THE PRESS AND REPORTAGE OF SELECTED NATIONAL ISSUES IN NIGERIA: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF LEADERSHIP AND THE SUN NEWSPAPERS 2013-2015» ABSTRACT Even though the press occupies a central place both in the restoration and deepening of democratic government in Nigeria, the precise nature ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study analyzed how online news media covered the 2015 presidential election in Nigeria. The aim is to establish the level of attention d...Continue Reading »
10. THE CHALLENGES OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM ON NIGERIA’S FOREIGN POLICY: A CASE STUDY OF BOKO HARAM INSURGENCY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Terrorism has become a global challenge requiring global approach for reasonable resolution. More...Continue Reading »