Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 129 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study examines the role being played by the National Council of Women Societies in empowering women in Kaduna South Local Government Area of Kaduna State. There is a consensus amongst scholars of development studies that abject poverty is rampant among women at the grassroots level of developing countries. Government and non-governmental organizations have attempted and are still trying to alleviate poverty among women through various empowerment programmes. This study examined the role of NCWS in the empowerment of women in Kaduna south L.G.A of Kaduna state. The study is based on the assumption that the empowerment programmes of the National Council of Women Societies have played a significant role in the empowerment of women in the Kaduna South Local Government Area in the period 2003-2015. Women in Development theory was adopted as a theoretical guide of this work. According to the assumption of this theory, access to and control over productive resources are the most important sources of the relation power and well-being of men and women, and the greater women‟s relative economic power, the greater their self-esteem and control over their own lives but what is observed is that the economic independence of women is a mirage rather than reality. Both primary and secondary sources were used to collect data which were quantitatively and qualitatively analyzed. The study revealed that the activities of the National Council of Women Societies has not significantly uplifted the welfare of women beneficiaries of its programme in the area under study. It also revealed that the interventions of National Council of Women Societies have not positively impacted on the lives of poor women that are the beneficiaries of the empowerment programmes within the period under study. It, therefore, recommended that there is need for diversification of the sources of incomes of NCWS and collaboration of government and non-governmental organizations to put more efforts in poverty alleviation among women. Also sincerity of purpose should be the slogan of NCWS in the process of women empowerment rather than involving politics in it.
1.1 Background to the Study
The issue of women empowerment has undoubtedly become an integral part of contemporary
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This study analyzed how online news media covered the 2015 presidential election in Nigeria. The aim is to establish the level of attention d...Continue Reading »
2. NIGERIAN POLICE, AND SECURITY CHALLENGES DURRING THE 2015 ELECTION A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN DIVISIONAL HEADQUARTERS KABALA DOKI KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Police is the agency of a community or government that is responsible for maintaining public order, preventing and detect...Continue Reading »
3. AN ASSESSMENT OF DEMOCRATIC CONSOLIDATION PROCESS IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF THE INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION (INEC), 2011-2015» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY May 29, 1999 marked a watershed in Nigeria's political annals. It was the dawn of the Fourth Republic, a retu...Continue Reading »
» Dependency and underdevelopment in Africa is our main thrust which we try to relate the above to the Nigerian context. Dependency as we all know is a ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The issue of an impact of job performance in an organization or establishment depends largely on ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Climate change has been at the heart of desertification in Sub Saharan Africa. One of such migrant groups affected by the menace are the herd...Continue Reading »
7. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF REVENUE GENERATION IN NIGERIAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM: A STUDY OF NJIKOKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, 1999-2012» Abstract Local governments in Nigeria are faced with many difficulties in generating adequate finance to perform their constitutional responsibilities...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study The development of political parties in Nigeria dates back to the days of the struggle for poli...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY1.1 Background of the Study Political parties are traditionally the most significant intermediary organization in ...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF BRITISH-AMERICAN TOBACCO COMPANY‟s (BATC‟s) CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON SABON-GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KADUNA STATE (2...» ABSTRACT Industrial societies are changing in an unprecedented speed due to the activities of Multinational Corporations (MNCs). MNCs are in the middl...Continue Reading »