Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In 2002, an international observation proclaimed the Niger Delta as one of the most volatile regions of the world. This observation came on the heels of incessant crisis which the region have been witnessing for decades but which took alarming dimension in loosing years of the 1990’s and the opening years of the new millennium. The region from one decade to another has witnessed unprecedented crisis which revolve round political and most importantly economic factors. Also from one decade to another the nature and dynamics of crisis in the region have changed, the transformations which the crisis took from the one period to another have paved way for its institutionalization in the history of the region and Nigeria in general.1 If the institutionalization in the history of the Niger Delta crisis in the politics and economy of the country is something to discuss, the threat which it has been posing and still posing to domestic and international security of the Nigerian nation state is an aspect which requires critical academic enquiry.
A systematic analysis of the crisis is informed by my intention to identify the changing dynamics of what constitutes national security over the years and how the nation state of Nigeria have been contending with the threat which the Niger Delta crisis is posing to the so called national security. National security questions is a complex of political, legal, social, economic, ideological and military problems that arises in the course of a people struggling for political and economic independence and for the establishment of equal and friendly relations with other people in the bilateral and international affairs.
It is imperative to see how regional based crisis affect the survival of the entire country and how the political entity called Nigeria have been dealing with the changing dynamics of the crisis, the current study therefore understands that the concept of national security is fluid and dynamic. All nations of the world contend and will continue to contend with the challenges arising from the national security. To Nigeria, the complicated nature of the Niger Delta crisis poses serious and enduring threat to the fragile nature of Nigerian democracy and the ever volatile national security.
What this work explores is the complexity involved in the maintenance of national security which arose as a result of the crisis in the Niger Delta. For the purpose of this research, the concept of National Security questions and the contributions of Niger Delta crisis are both international and domestic in nature.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
In this work, I attempt to answer the entire questions of the place of crude oil in the escalation and the reduction of the Niger Delta crisis. The significance of the other exigencies or factors in the crisis? The contributions of the Multinational Corporation and different political ferments in the region? The Niger Delta crisis cannot be understood without a critical understanding of the relationship between individual communities on the one hand and with the federal government on the other hand which revolve round the control of resources and retarded infrastructural, economic and social development in the region.
To what extents have the crisis constitutes threats to national security? Put differently, what is the threat which the crisis is posing to the Nigeria’s nascent democracy? How crisis have metamorphosed in the all-embracing concept of national security is also analyzed and the entire attempts made by the federal government to preserve legitimacy in the name of the fundamental national security are not left undiscussed.
Niger Delta crisis at every point in time have threatened the primacy responsibility of the government in terms of security of lives and properties and the preservation of oneness of Nigeria as a single political entity.2 National security transcends the primary role of the government in the protection of lives and properties. It also involves the international security and sovereignty. The gagging question is: is the Niger Delta crisis posing any threat to the international security and sovereignty of the Nigerian nation?
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
National security questions and the role played by the Niger Delta crisis is theme which requires adequate scholarly attention.
The objective of this study therefore are
1. To look at how the Niger Delta crisis affects Nigerian national security.
2. To locate the impact of the Niger Delta crisis within the framework of its implication of national security.
3. To see how regional based crisis affect the survival of the entire country.
4. To identify the changing dynamics and what constitutes nationals security over the years and how the nation state of Nigeria has been contending with the crisis.
5. The place of rude oil in the escalation and in the reduction of the Niger Delta crisis.
6. The significance of the other exigencies or factors in the crisis.
7. The contribution of the multination corporation and different political ferments in the regions.
The justification for this work can best be appreciated from two major perspectives namely, the need to carryout a critical academic analysis of he origin of the Nigeria Delta Crisis and an appraisal of the impact of the Niger Delta Crisis on national security, hence the changing dynamics of the crisis and the high degree of internationalization which its taken in recent years. The internationalization of the Niger Delta Crisis is as old as the history of the crisis itself; however, in recent years the concern of the international community is getting higher and higher.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL AND THE CHALLENGES OF CORRUPT PRACTICES IN NIGERIA 1993 – 1998 (A CASE STUDY OF GENERAL SANI ABACHA)» CHAPTER ONE TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL, ORIGIN AND FUNCTION INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The history of corruption is as old as the world, bec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Women empowerment is all encompassing, so this work will want to narrow it to the subject of women development and the impact of skill acquis...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) is Nigeria's overtlyfinanced radio broadcasting institute. Amid i...Continue Reading »
4. POLITICAL REPRESSION IN AFRICA AND HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF NIGERIA, LIBERIA AND SUDAN.» ABSTRACT This research grew out of the concern to investigate and determine the nature and manner the human rights posture in Africa under General San...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF INTERNAL GENERATED REVENUE (IGR) ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT SERVICE DELIVERY: A CASE STUDY OF KEFFI LOCAL GOVERNMENT NASSARAWA STATE» ABSTRACT The study on the effect of internal generated revenue (IGR) on local government service delivery aimed at evaluating the relationship between...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Federalism, according to K.C Where, is the method of dividing powers so that the central and regi...Continue Reading »
7. CHANGE IN POLITICAL ADMINISTRATION AND IT IMPACT ON THE ECONOMNY OF NIGERIA. AN APPRAISAL OF THE MUHAMMADU BUHARI ADMINISTRATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The socio economic development of any society is intemperately depending on the nature, character...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF CREDIBLE ELECTION ON THE CONSOLIDATION OF DEMOCRACY, NIGERIAN FOURTH REPUBLIC: ISSUES AND PERSPECTIVES» ABSTRACT The place of election as a signpost of democracy is not in contention since democracy means first and foremost the process through which citi...Continue Reading »
9. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT IN NIGER STATE A CASE STUDY OF RIJAU CIVIL SERVICE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Manpower development according to Branch (2000) is educational and development activities conducted by an enterprises to ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria is highly heterogeneous and multi religions with over two hundred ethno linguistic groups and the Niger Delta regio...Continue Reading »