Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examined the Impact of Government’s Poverty Reduction Programmes in Niger State; A case study of Suleja
Local Government area, between 2006 and 2008. Here some programmes like
the training of women in beads making,provision of micro finance loans
to the poor and the establishment of various women/youths skills
acquisition centres were put in place.The question or problem under
investigation was like this’ “Did the participation of the poor in
poverty reduction Programmes (NEEDS) in Suleja Local Government area of
Niger State, reduce their level of poverty? More especially did the
participation of the poor in the training of women in beads making;
provision of micro-finance loans to the poor; and the establishment of
various women/youths skill acquisition centre reduce the level of
poverty of the poor participants?;
In carrying out the investigation, the method employed in data collections were, the use of questionnaires designed to capture the needed responses from both the beneficiaries and some government officials, Focused Group Discussions (FGD) was also used coupled with the observation of the physical environment of the area under study by the researcher and finally verbal interviews of one on one.
As for the analysis, the use of tabular presentation and simple percentages of figures, were used in testing the hypothesis.
The research design used was the One-Group-Pre-Test, Post-Test of O1 X O2. In this design, a simple group was compared with itself. This design determined the reliability and validity of data collected from various sources were not only accurate, but authentic and the question measures what it was set out to measure.
The major findings revealed the following:
i. Within the period (2006 – 2008) under study, the poverty reduction programme has only lasted for three years.
This revealed that some of the poor people in Suleja L.G.A participated in the programme, and some were given loans to establish one business or the other.
ii. The programme lacked continuity in office of officers involved in the programme. Again, this also revealed that due to the fact that officers come and go with the government that put them in position of authority, the lasting effect of the programme became impossible.
iii. The programme was not meant for the poor in the areas as such.
The study revealed that some of the poor ones whom the programme was supposed to be meant for, were not even aware of the programme, rather the well off and the political elites benefited most.
iv. Above, all the finding revealed that the governments poverty reduction programme in beads making; provision of micro-finance loans, loans to the poor and the establishment of various women/youths skills acquisition centred reduced the poverty of the poor participants positively.
Therefore, based on the findings of the study, the following recommendations were made as suggestions for improvement:
i. Government’s poverty reduction programmes must be designed in such a way as to reduce the poverty of the poor participants, which they are meant for.
ii. There must be defined policy framework with proper guidelines for poverty reduction.
iii. That the issue of continuity and consistency must be put in place for effective poverty reduction programme implementations.
vi. The programmes must be devoid of corruption, political deception, out right kleptomania (forceful stealing) and distasteful looting.
v. Political stability should be enshrined in our system of government in order to ensure effective government poverty programme implementations.
vi. Both men, women and youths should be encouraged and sensitized on the need for poverty reduction programmes and empowerments in order to reduce the rate of crimes in the country.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The development of political parties in Nigeria dates back to the days of the struggle for polit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study People have devise and lived under various forms of government in different countries of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTNigeria is one of the most ethnicallyand religiously diverse country in Africa, and over time ethnic and religious considerationshave been bui...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research study was meant to investigate the leadership roles and motivation in Nigeria’s Universities especially University of Benin an...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF NIGERIAN PRESS ON THE CHOICE OF POLITICAL CANDIDATE (A case study of Residence of Kaduna Metropolis)» ABSTRACT This research work seeks to examine to what extent the press content (restricting it to print media) affect the choice made by the public tow...Continue Reading »
6. THE INFLUENCE OF THE “NOT TOO YOUNG TO RUN” CAMPAIGN ON INSTAGRAM & TWITTER ON YOUTHS’ PARTICIPATION IN THE 2019 ELECTORAL PROCESS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The general availability of the Internet has given individuals the opportunity to use online plat...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Civil Society Organizations played an instrumental role in the restoration of democracy in Nigeria and Ghana and in recognition of their impo...Continue Reading »
8. THE ELECTORAL PROCESS AND NATIONAL SECURITY IN NIGERIA: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE 2011 AND 2016 ELECTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Election is an integral part of a democratic process that enables the citizenry determine fairly ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Change in political administration plays a significant role in the proliferation of conflicts in ...Continue Reading »
10. PUBLIC POLICY AND GRASS ROOT DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF NATIONAL POVERTY ERADICATION PROGRAMME ON ASARI-TORU L. G. A OF RIVER STA...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Successive governments in Nigeria have tried to resolve some societal problems by enacting or putting...Continue Reading »