Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of Study
Since the beginning of Democracy to Nigeria in May 1991, the deteriorating internal security situation has been a source of growing concern to the Nigeria government, it’s harmless citizens and the international community in just a decade, criminal violence in form of kidnapping militancy, religious crises and armed robbery has assumed frightening dimensions. Of particular concern is the increasing incidence of religious violence which threatens public order human security and Nigerian federalism.
Federalism is a formidable, mechanism for managing plural societies, however religious crises have tended to impact the effectiveness of the federalist logic in Nigeria with different plans by the government towards sustenance the nation, little or no result seems to be forthcoming because Nigeria is continuously weighed down by religious crisis/burdens.
Federalism is also a system of government where power is shared between the central government and the component units, it is used as a mechanism in ensuring unity in plural states, federalism is cursor a system of governments in which political authority is divided between a national or federal government and its political sub-division. In this system, national and state government each have defined powers denied both. Federalism is a covenant between constituents’ part of a country as to how, the arrangements of power and resources are to be distributed between the levels of government, it is a system that accommodates and manages diversity.
Nigeria federalism dates back to the colonial era of her existence. By 1951, it was thought of by the colonial masters that the Nigeria State should adopt the system of federalism in order to curb the issue of division in a country like Nigeria that is diverse in culture and ethnicity.
Despite federalism been the framework or mechanism in ensuring unity in diversity, there are still problems faced by the Nigeria federal stated (Badmus, 1987). These problems includes the activities of social cultural or ethnic groups such as Niger Delta militant group, the movement for the actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra (Massob) among others, which was a fallout of Nigeria federalism, second fallout is the ongoing Boko Haram menace which is threatening the unity of Nigeria.
Perhaps the greatest challenges to modern federalism in the 21st century is the effective response on all levels of government to a domestic attract or natural disaster, and also the ability of government to respond effectively towards crises in Nigeria and also ways to manage crises.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The desire of every federal state is to ensure unity across the nation, because it seeks to promote peace and unity in diversity which is a solution to seemingly differences and contestation among people. However while federalism benefits most western countries the reverse is the case for Nigeria considering the high level of political instability, ethnic crises and ethno-religious crises amongst others. The reason is not farfetched Nigeria is operating a federal system in an awkward manner and this has made frictions and clashes possible which are currently posing a threat to her political development. Nigeria state has over the years been faced by so many problems and has become a conflict ridden terrain which kills innocent citizens. The most recent of these problems is the Boko Haram which stands as a big threat to the co-operate existence of the Nigeria federal state.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of this research work are as follows:
i).To critically evaluate the Nigeria federal state and its workability.
ii).To identifies and highlights the factors responsible for the emergence of Boko Haram.
iii).To investigates a case story which illuminates the challenges of modern federalism.
iv).To examines the challenges posed by boko haram.
v).To ascertained how the boko haram menace can be reduced.
v).To examines the problem of federalism if it’s federal, state of local.
1.4 SCOPE OF STUDY
This research work is aimed at the evaluated Nigeria federal state in relation to the dangerous activities of the boko haram Islamic group, and also how well the government can managed crises. Situations in Nigeria though Nigeria is faced by so many uprising such as the Niger Delta militancy, movement for the actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra (Massob),
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
The research work is important in the sense that it will help prefer solutions to the various problem encountered by the Nigeria federal states, especially in the face of challenges posed activities of the Boko-Haram.
The finding of the work will provide recommendations that will help to meliorate the challenges facing the Nigerian federalism in it will also be useful to the Nigeria police officer and other security agency.
Another significant of the study is that it will add to the stock of knowledge that already exist in the research as well as serve as a reference material for those who would want to carry out further research in the area.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i) Is the activities of boko haram a threat to Nigeria federalism.
ii) What are the factors responsible for the emergence of Boko-Haram?
iii) Can Nigeria federalism stand the test of time? In the face of many challenges it is encountering?
iv) How has Nigeria been able to manage the crises been encountered?
V) What solution can be proffered in checking the Boko-Haram menace?
1.7 DE-LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This talk about the various challenges that might be encountered by the researcher in the cause of project writing. Such problem may be the inability to get relevant resources materials that could be useful to the study low response from some respondents, inaccurate and on reliable information from respondents amongst others can be major limitations of the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. POLITICAL PARTY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA: AN OPINION SURVEY OF THE THREE SENATORIAL DISTRICTS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACTThis study examines, investigates, and surveys opinion of Nigerians on some of the factors that influence party and party system development i...Continue Reading »
2. THE PRESS AND REPORTAGE OF SELECTED NATIONAL ISSUES IN NIGERIA: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF LEADERSHIP AND THE SUN NEWSPAPERS 2013-2015» ABSTRACT Even though the press occupies a central place both in the restoration and deepening of democratic government in Nigeria, the precise nature ...Continue Reading »
3. OBASANJO’S ADMINISTRATION AND THE MANAGEMENT OF THE NIGERIA-CAMEROUN DISPUTE: A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF THE RULING AND PROTECTION OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS...» Abstract The Nigeria Cameroun border conflict, which had claimed many lives and properties, was finally resolved on October 2002 following the ICJ rul...Continue Reading »
4. POLITICAL PARTY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA: AN OPINION SURVEY OF THE THREE SENATORIAL DISTRICTS OF EDO STATE OF NIGERIA (1999-2012)» TABLE OF CONTENTSTITLE PAGETitle page iCertification iiDedication iiiAcknowledgement ivTable of content viiList of Tables xAbstract xiiCHAPTER ONE: IN...Continue Reading »
» CHATER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Bribery and corruption is a social menace that has eaten deep into the fabric of the Nigerian gove...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Leadership crisis has served as a challenge to the growth and sustainability of Nigeria’s democracy. The purpose of this study is to sh...Continue Reading »
7. DEMOCRACY AND REGIONAL SECURITY IN AFRICA: A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE (2011-2014)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It has always been the view of social and political scientists that the concentration of power on...Continue Reading »
8. THE INTERPLAY OF POLITICS AND RELIGION IN NIGERIA’S FOURTH REPUBLIC: A CASE STUDY OF ADAMAWA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study Religion has been an indispensible phenomenon in Nigeria. It had become an important factor in pol...Continue Reading »
» Generally, literature review means the review of the works of several authors, thinkers, philosophers, writers, commentators, who have written books o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Contrary to the prevailing practice among most social scientists and other students of society (like lawyers, historians ...Continue Reading »