Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study investigated the relationship between job satisfaction and organizational commitment among officers of the Nigeria Immigration service in Anambra state. The population of the study was made up of one hundred (100) questionnaires measuring job satisfaction and organizational commitments were randomly distributed to the participants. The instruments were validated by smith, P. C. (1969) and Cook & Wall (1980). A reliability coefficient of 0.68 and a table value of 0.164 were obtained. Data collected were analyzed using mean, standard deviation and Pearson Product Moment Correlation.
The results of the study showed that: there is a positive relationship between job satisfaction and organizational commitment among the immigration workers. The nature of the work organization and the design of jobs can have a significant effect on the job satisfaction of workers. It is the willingness of employees to accept organizational values and goals and to work towards achieving these. Job satisfaction is affected by intrinsic and extrinsic motivating factors, the quality of supervision, social relationships with the work group and the degree to which individuals succeed or fail in their work. The following recommendations were made based on the findings: workers should be accepted by management as key stakeholders in the organization.
There should be a proper communication channel between the workers and the organization. Management should be encouraged to ensure a policy of employment security, and ensure that steps are taken to avoid involuntary redundancies. All workers entitlement and allowances should be given them as and when due. Limitations and suggestions for further studies were made and conclusions drawn.
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND TO THE RESEARCH
To make the best use of people as a valuable resource of the organization, attention must be given to the relationship between staff, and the nature and content of their jobs. The nature of the work organization and the design of jobs can have a significant effect on the job satisfaction of the staff. Job satisfaction is defined as an individual’s reaction to the job experience. Berry (1997). However, my interest was aroused in carrying out this research in view of certain attitudes, feelings and abilities being exhibited by the officers of the Nigeria immigration service, Anambra state command in respect to their job. Hence, the need for the study; in order to determine how variables such as pay, promotion, benefits, supervisor, co-works, work conditions, safety, communication, productivity and the work itself influence the way the officers feel about the job. Each of these factors figures into an individual’s job satisfaction differently. Also, this paper highlights the importance of organizational commitment for effective research. Herscovich and Meyer defined organizational commitment as the degree to which an employee identifies with the goals and values of the organization and is willing to exert effort to make it succeed. My interest was also aroused to carry out this study in order to establish the degree of commitment towards the goals and values of the Nigeria Immigration service by its officers. It has been suggested by Cyert and March (1963), Mangham (1979) and Mintzerg (1983) that an
organization is really a coalition of interest groups, where political processes are inevitable part of everyday life. Coopey and Hartley (1991) argue that if employees are expected and encouraged to commit themselves tightly to a single set of values and goals they will not be able to cope with the ambiguities and uncertainties that are endemic in organizational life in terms of change. Values can be defined in ways that allow for freedom of choice within broad guidelines.
STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
1. Is there a relationship between job satisfaction and organisational commitment among the Nigeria immigration officers in Anambra State?
2. Are variables such as pay, promotions, supervisor, co-workers, security of job and the job itself influence the overall performance of the Nigeria immigration officers in Anambra State?
3. To what degree is the officers of the Nigeria immigration service in Anambra State committed to the goals and values of the service?
4. To what extent are the officers of the Nigeria Immigration service, Anambra State Command satisfied with their job?
5. What is the general assessment of the job by the officers of the Nigeria Immigration service in Anambra State?
AIM OF THE RESEARCH
Goals such as the good of the organization or effective performance at work may provide a degree of motivation for some employees, who could be regarded as committed in so far as they feel they own the relationship between job satisfaction and organisational commitment among the Nigeria Immigration workers.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This is to relate the achievement of excellence to getting the whole hearted commitment of the work force of the Nigeria Immigration service, Anambra state command. The study can provide feedback that recognizes the contribution of officers and can spell out the significance of the work they do.
OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF KEY CONCEPTS.
Job satisfaction:- This can be defined as a pleasurable emotional state resulting from the appraisal of one’s job; an effective reaction to one’s job, and an attitude towards one’s job Weiss (2002).
Job satisfaction describes how content an individual is with his or her job. The happier people are within their job, the more satisfied they are said to be.
Workers:- This comprises of the whole male and female officers of the immigration service, Anambra state command; that participated in the study.
Organisational Commitment:- Is the relative strength of an individual’s identification with an involvement in , a particular organization. Porter et al (1974).
Organisational commitment develop mutuality, a state that exists when management and employees are independent and both benefit from this independency. Walton (1985).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PHYSIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. HYPOGLYCEMIC AND HEPATO-PROTECTIVE EFFECTS OF HYDRO-ETHANOL SILK OF Zea-Mays EXTRACT ON ALLOXAN-INDUCED DIABETIC WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT Globally, as of 2010, an estimated 285 million people had diabetes, with type 2 making up about 90% of the cases The management of diabetes w...Continue Reading »
2. STUDY OF THE EFFECTS OF AZADIRACTA INDICA SEED EXTRACT ON BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS OF NORMOGLYCEMIC AND STREPTOZOCIN-INDUCED DIABETIC WISTAR RATS.» ABSTRACT This study investigated the effects of Azadiracta Indica seed extract on blood glucose levels of streptozocin induced diabetic and normoglyce...Continue Reading »
3. PEAK EXPIRATORY FLOW RATE AND SOME ASPECT OF ECG AND HAEMATOLOGICAL VARIABLES IN NON-PREGNANT AND PREGNANT WOMEN AT SECOND AND THIRD TRIMESTERS OF PRE...» ABSTRACT Values of peak expiratory rate (PEFR), ECG and Haematological variables in 250 females at their reproductive ages, made up of 123 pregnant su...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF VITAMIN E AND RESVERATROL ON OXIDATIVE STRESS AND HAEMATOLOGICAL PARAMETERS OF CARBAMAZEPINE-INDUCED OXIDATIVE STRESS IN MALE WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT Carbamazepine (CBZ) is a drug used in the treatment of epilepsy and neuropathic pain. Carbamazepine induces oxidative stress and haematologic...Continue Reading »
5. MODULATORY ROLE OF RESVERATROL-INDUCED DIETARY RESTRICTION AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENRICHMENT ON NEUROBEHAVIOURAL OUTCOME IN YOUNG HEALTHY MICE» ABSTRACT Dietary Restriction (DR) otherwise known as Caloric Restriction (CR) has been generally defined as consumption of nutritious diet that is 30%...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Driving a car, bus, lorry or an articulated vehicle is a psychomotor activity that requires a combination of c...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN WORKING MEMORY AND SOME REPRODUCTIVE HORMONES IN SELECTED PATIENTS OF AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTRE» ABSTRACT Working memory is a central construct in cognitive neuroscience that is responsible for the orchestration of daily activities. Serum concentr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Stress is a prime factor for most of the illnesses in human life. Chronic stress exposure has been reported to cause anatomical and physiolog...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF CLOVE (SYZYGIUM AROMATICUM) AND FERMENTED GINGER (ZINGIBER OFFICINALE) SUPPLEMENTATIONS ON SOME PHYSIOLOGICAL PARAMETERS IN HIGH FAT DIET-I...» Abstract The evaluation of makers for characterized underlined pathologies in diabetes mellitus isuseful in prevention, monitoring and management of t...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECT OF OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS AND VITAMIN A ON CARRAGEENAN INDUCED JOINT INFLAMMATION IN FEMALE WISTAR RATS» Abstract Joint inflammation is a hallmark of diseases such as arthritis affecting single or multiple joints associated with increased pro inflammatory...Continue Reading »