Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 31 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is a construction of a module of a zener diode and how output voltage varies with increase in current in forwards bias using milliamp ere how output voltage varies with ailment using microampere. Experiment result the turn on voltage of the diode is 0.3v, the reverse sentences ammeter of MA with breakdown voltage 0.8v
A diode is the simplest two terminal unilateral semi-conductor device. It allows the current to flow only in one direction and restrain the current that flows in the opposite direction. The two terminals of the diode are called as anode and the cathode (William Hany, 1919).
These diodes are manufacture by the semi-conductor materials germanium, silicon and selenium. Operation of diode can be classified in two ways, if it allows the current then it is forward biased otherwise it is reverse biased. Different types of diodes have different types such as light emitting diode, which convert the electrical energy into light energy. First production started in 1968. It undergoes electroluminescence process in which the holes and electrons are recombined to produce energy in the form of light in the forward bias condition (Mbakaan Celestine Teryange (2015).
Tunnel diode, it is used as high speed switch, of order nano-seconds. Varactor diode, laser diode, gold doped diodes, crystal diode and zener diode, it is a passive element works under the principle of zener breakdown. First produced by clearance zener in 1934. It also allows current in reverse direction when applied voltage reaches. The breakdown voltage, it is designed to prevent the other semi-conductor device from momentary voltage pulses. It acts as voltage regulator.
Diode can be used as a simple rectifier because of the different in its forward and reverse bias properties. This characteristic enables us to used diode to convert alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC). This action is called rectification (James, 1996).
A diode is the simplest of group device in electronic used to control current, the characteristic of the diode for most valuable. It is unidirectional of the diode that a voltage applied with a given polarity will cause flow of current with negligible resistance. (Parker, 1995).
· The aim of this project is to produce a module that can be used to determine the voltage characteristic of zener diode.
· Voltage regulation in a circuit setup
· To construct module that will serve as practical module for electronic students in the laboratory.
The study enable me to develop an intensive knowledge on the use of zener diode in electronic and electrical appliance and how to provide a cheaper means of measuring the values of zener diode using an electrical techniques by technician and engineer in such a way that is can be find useful in an electronic laboratory.
Zener diode will serve for meter protection against damage from accidental application of excessive voltage and voltage regulators to the future students of Kaduna Polytechnic in electronics laboratory.
This work shall be limited to the construction of a simple circuit module built using local made source materials for which it will provide a simple set up for visual observation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PHYSICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN RADIOGRAPHERS AND PATIENTS: INFLUENCE ON SERVICE DELIVERY AND PATIENT SATISFACTION.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Communication is vital to good patient care in any discipline in the health domain and there is a...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF RADIO-FREQUENCY RADIATION EXPOSURE FROM SELECTED MOBILE BASE STATIONS IN ZARIA AND ENVIRONS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Base transceiver stations (BTS) or mobile base stations produce non ionizing (RF) energy that is radiated through its antennas into space. Th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Wi Fi signals are susceptible to signal loss as they travel hence Wi Fi users are rarely completely satisfied with the signal strength offere...Continue Reading »
5. A STUDY ON THE COMPETENCY OF PHYSICS STUDENTS IN THE USE OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF BENIN» ABSTRACT This study investigates the competency of physics students in the use of information and communication technology in University of Benin (UNI...Continue Reading »
6. FACTOR THAT DETERMINE THE IMPROVEMENT OF ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KADUNA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Technical education dates back to the primitive days of man’s development in Nigerian when he realizes that ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Gravity is one of the most extensively studied phenomena in nature. At the macroscopic level, the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study Astrophysical jets are observed in the Universe in a large variety of environments and under a wide r...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSMENT OF TOBACCO COMPANY EFFLUENT FOR RADIOACTIVITY AND OTHER PARAMETERS FOR GROUNDWATER AROUND THE COMPANY IN CHIKAJI, ZARIA, KADUNA, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Twenty (20) groundwater samples, four of which are control samples, comprising of ten (10) borehole and ten (10) locally hand dug wells were ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT There is a general believe today that the increased emission of green house gases especially carbon dioxides (CO2) which is believed to have ...Continue Reading »