Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY
Nursing care plan is a set of actions the nurses use to implement, resolve patients needs and demands, at its best, is designed and implemented in a thorough manner, using an organized series of steps, to ensure quality and consistency of care (Laryea, 2004). Importance of nursing care plan is to minimize patient stay in hospital and in turn will reduce health care cost since patients will get better faster and go home, shortening the length of hospital stay. Care plans will also help the nurses from duplication of task while working to the same patients; this enhances the quality of patient care and helps to implement the evidence-based care practice. The nursing care planning process is an important aid in the treatment of patients as it creates a systematic care plan approach that includes other health care professionals to attend to the patient needs and facilitates faster healing. (Hunter and Segret, 2006).
Nurses lack practical skills in data collection, writing nursing diagnosis and objective as found out in Ghana by Larynea (2004) Ezel, (2004) discovered that knowledge was lacking although nurses had correct information on nursing process. Block, (2009) discovered that nursing process was not done accordingly, mainly due to the fact that some nurses have lower ability to process information based on intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills. Globally, the (WHO) estimates a shortage of almost 4.3 million nurses, physicians and other health human resources worldwide, nursing shortages have been linked to the following effects, Increased nurses patient workloads, Increased risk for error, thereby compromising patient care. Quality of patient care as well as adverse nurse outcomes is directly affected by nurses workload (Aiken,Clarke &Sloan,2002) (Howe 2005) is of the opinion that out of stock syndrome is among the factors that work against nursing process implementation.
The older or earlier graduate nurses never did nursing process in their days at college, but did medical practice was taught and practiced and they were not trained to give care through application of nursing process model or use nursing care plans. Another fact is that newer nurses who are graduating now view nursing care plans more of student learning tool, which existed only during those days they were being examined in the ward. Carlton, (2007) based on these fact, these study therefore seek to establish factors hindering utilization of nursing care plan in Coast Provincial General Referral Hospital with view of examining nurses related factors and institution related factors.
1.2 Problem Statement
CPGH is government hospital and a training institution for student nurses and doctor interns, those nurses do not integrate the concept of nursing care plan in directing patient care despite concerted efforts by Ministry of Health and nursing professionals to do so. The central figure in the health services is the patient whose needs vary depending on their problems, this can be achieved by the use of nursing care plan process a tool that captures the patients problems and outlines the plan on how to solve them.
Despite the fact that this tool is important in the nursing care of patients and clients, many nurses in Coast provincial General Hospital do not apply it in their practice, while taking care of patients in their respective wards. Therefore, researcher had observed with great concern that most of patients did not have nursing care plan, has it is required, by nursing council of Kenya. Which help the nurse to prioritize the patients needs and this has led to reducing quality of nursing care in Coast Provincial General Hospital? For instance, month of July and August 2014 out of four hundred and fifty patients admitted in postnatal, medical, and surgical wards in CPGH only 4% had a complete nursing care plan and 29% had a incomplete care plan has tabulated in the table.
Table 1.1: Records of patients and number of patients using care plan developed in July and August 2015
Patients admitted in that month
Patients with incomplete care plans
Patients with complete nursing care plan within first 24hours of admission
Patients with complete nursing care plan 24 hours to discharge
Percentage of pts with care plan
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR NURSING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A RESEARCH STUDY ON ATTITUDE OF NURSES TOWARDS RELAPSE PREVENTION AMONG PSYCHIATRIC PATIENTS IN FEDERAL NEUROPSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL BARNAWA, KADUNA» ABSTRACT The problem of every hospital when the targeted objective is not achieved is that there is something wring either with health care givers, th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project is an analysis of Drug and Alcoholic abuse among the youths in Agege Local Government Area of Lagos State. The nature of continuo...Continue Reading »
» Chapter one INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction Obesity has been identified as a major risk factor for poor pregnancy out come. (Galtier et al., 2000; CMACE...Continue Reading »
4. EVALUATION OF THE PHYSICO CHEMICAL AN SENSORY PROPERTIES OF INFANT FOOD PRODUCED FROM MAIZE, SOYBEAN AND TIGER NUT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 background to the study Infants and young children suffer from malnutrition in most developing countries. The growth of i...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research work was designed to examine and analyze the incidence of cholera among children in Benin City. Four (4) research questions wer...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Primary Health Care forms the bedrock of the health care services of a country. It is the quality of ...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF PALLIATIVE CARE NEEDS OF HIV-POSITIVE CLIENTS IN NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL NNEWI, ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study Increasing population of the world is affected by life limiting illnesses such as human immuno defici...Continue Reading »
8. ATTITUDE OF NURSING STUDENTS’ TOWARDS THE MENTALLY ILL BEFORE AND AFTER PSYCHIATRIC TRAINING EXPERIENCE IN FEDERAL NEUROPSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL ENUGU, ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study Globally, a persistent negative attitude and social rejection of people with mental illness has preva...Continue Reading »
9. UTILIZATION OF ANTENATAL AND MATERNITY SERVICES BY MOTHERS SEEKING CHILD WELFARE SERVICES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Maternal and child health has emerged as the most important issue that determined global and national wellbeing...Continue Reading »
» OF UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR TEACHING HOSPITAL (UCTH), CALABAR.(Nursing Science)CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyNosocomial infection als...Continue Reading »