Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY
Nursing care plan is a set of actions the nurses use to implement, resolve patients needs and demands, at its best, is designed and implemented in a thorough manner, using an organized series of steps, to ensure quality and consistency of care (Laryea, 2004). Importance of nursing care plan is to minimize patient stay in hospital and in turn will reduce health care cost since patients will get better faster and go home, shortening the length of hospital stay. Care plans will also help the nurses from duplication of task while working to the same patients; this enhances the quality of patient care and helps to implement the evidence-based care practice. The nursing care planning process is an important aid in the treatment of patients as it creates a systematic care plan approach that includes other health care professionals to attend to the patient needs and facilitates faster healing. (Hunter and Segret, 2006).
Nurses lack practical skills in data collection, writing nursing diagnosis and objective as found out in Ghana by Larynea (2004) Ezel, (2004) discovered that knowledge was lacking although nurses had correct information on nursing process. Block, (2009) discovered that nursing process was not done accordingly, mainly due to the fact that some nurses have lower ability to process information based on intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills. Globally, the (WHO) estimates a shortage of almost 4.3 million nurses, physicians and other health human resources worldwide, nursing shortages have been linked to the following effects, Increased nurses patient workloads, Increased risk for error, thereby compromising patient care. Quality of patient care as well as adverse nurse outcomes is directly affected by nurses workload (Aiken,Clarke &Sloan,2002) (Howe 2005) is of the opinion that out of stock syndrome is among the factors that work against nursing process implementation.
The older or earlier graduate nurses never did nursing process in their days at college, but did medical practice was taught and practiced and they were not trained to give care through application of nursing process model or use nursing care plans. Another fact is that newer nurses who are graduating now view nursing care plans more of student learning tool, which existed only during those days they were being examined in the ward. Carlton, (2007) based on these fact, these study therefore seek to establish factors hindering utilization of nursing care plan in Coast Provincial General Referral Hospital with view of examining nurses related factors and institution related factors.
1.2 Problem Statement
CPGH is government hospital and a training institution for student nurses and doctor interns, those nurses do not integrate the concept of nursing care plan in directing patient care despite concerted efforts by Ministry of Health and nursing professionals to do so. The central figure in the health services is the patient whose needs vary depending on their problems, this can be achieved by the use of nursing care plan process a tool that captures the patients problems and outlines the plan on how to solve them.
Despite the fact that this tool is important in the nursing care of patients and clients, many nurses in Coast provincial General Hospital do not apply it in their practice, while taking care of patients in their respective wards. Therefore, researcher had observed with great concern that most of patients did not have nursing care plan, has it is required, by nursing council of Kenya. Which help the nurse to prioritize the patients needs and this has led to reducing quality of nursing care in Coast Provincial General Hospital? For instance, month of July and August 2014 out of four hundred and fifty patients admitted in postnatal, medical, and surgical wards in CPGH only 4% had a complete nursing care plan and 29% had a incomplete care plan has tabulated in the table.
Table 1.1: Records of patients and number of patients using care plan developed in July and August 2015
Patients admitted in that month
Patients with incomplete care plans
Patients with complete nursing care plan within first 24hours of admission
Patients with complete nursing care plan 24 hours to discharge
Percentage of pts with care plan
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR NURSING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study was conducted to investigate the appraisal and the management, haemophilia among nurses in Yusuf Dantsoho Memorial hospital, Kaduna...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF FOOD SAFETY KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICES AMONG FOOD HANDLERS IN RESTAURANTS IN NNEWI URBAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Food is an important basic necessity, its procurement, preparation and consumption are vital for the ...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF WORKING RELATIONSHIP AMONG HEALTH CARE WORKERS IN GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS IN MINNA METROPOLIS, NIGER STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval Page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi List of Tables ix Abstract x CHAP...Continue Reading »
4. HEALTH-RELATED QUALITY OF LIFE OF DIABETES MELLITUS PATIENTS AND NON- DIABETICS IN PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Diabetes mellitus is defined as a group of metabolic diseases characterized by increased level of glu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to examine the effectiveness of exclusive breastfeeding in the development of children under five in Benue Stat...Continue Reading »
6. CAREGIVERS’ KNOWLEDGE AND INVOLVEMENT IN THE PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT OF RELAPSE IN SCHIZOPHRENIC PATIENTS AT FEDERAL NEUROPSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL NEW...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Schizophrenia the most common type of mental illness is a chronic and disabling psychiatric illness t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTFood is anything which when taken into the body serves to nourish or build up the body tissues or to supply body health (Nurses Dictionary 201...Continue Reading »
8. PERCEPTION AND HEALTH SEEKING BEHAVIOUR FOR OBSTETRIC COMPLICATIONS AMONG WOMEN OF REPRODUCTIVE AGE IN ZARIA METROPOLIS, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Worldwide, maternal mortality has been receiving tremendous attention but sadly, the success recorded cannot be applauded.This study was aime...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF A TRAINING PROGRAMME ON KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICE OF LIFESTYLE MODIFICATION AMONG HYPERTENSIVE PATIENTS ATTENDING OUT-PATIENT CLINICS IN LAGOS» ABSTRACT Hypertension is the most common non communicable disease and the leading cause of cardiovascular disease in the world. Many people with hyper...Continue Reading »
10. Measures utilized for prevention of nosocomial infection in the labour ward of university of calabar teaching hospital (ucth), calabar» MEASURES UTILIZED FOR PREVENTION OF NOSOCOMIAL INFECTION IN THE LABOUR WARD OF UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR TEACHING HOSPITAL (UCTH), CALABARCHAPTER ONEINTRO...Continue Reading »