Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study investigated the job satisfaction of professional nurses in public and private health sectors in Anambra State. A survey design was employed and a study population of 5903 comprising all professional nurses in private and public hospitals was used. Proportionate stratified random sampling technique was used in selecting a sample of 375 nurses for the study. Instrument for data collection was a structured questionnaire. Data collected were analyzed using mean and standard deviation statistical tool to answer the four research questions and t-test statistical tool was used to test the four hypotheses. Findings showed that nurses in public hospitals were satisfied from job security unlike nurses in private hospitals. Nurses in public and private hospitals were satisfied from job control/ responsibilities. Also, it was found that opportunity for advancement guarantees job satisfaction to nurses in public and private hospitals. Based on the findings, it was recommended that hospital management should create a work environment that is free from dissatisfiers in order that nurses would carry out their duties effectively towards the actualization of organization’s goal. Few relevant areas that the present study did not cover were suggested for further investigation.
Background to the Study
Output in terms of performance in any given organization is a function of many variables which job satisfaction is one of them. Job satisfaction which is equally understood and sometimes referred to as “work satisfaction” has been variously defined in the literature. Job satisfaction is the extent to which an employee expresses a positive orientation towards a job. It also describes how content an individual is with his or her job. Job satisfaction has also been defined as a pleasurable emotional state resulting from the appraisal of one’s job, an affective reaction to one’s job and an attitude towards one’s job (Chimanikire, Mutandwa, Gadzirayi, Muzondo, & Mutandwa, 2007; Thompson & Phua, 2012). Job satisfaction is a worker’s sense of achievement and success on the job. It is generally perceived to be directly linked to productivity as well as to personal well-being. Job satisfaction implies doing a job one enjoys, doing it well and being rewarded for one’s efforts. Job satisfaction further implies enthusiasm and happiness with one’s work. Job satisfaction is the key ingredient that leads to recognition, income, promotion, and the achievement of other goals that lead to a feeling of fulfilment (Kaliski, 2007).
Job satisfaction has continued to be a major area of interest in the study of industrial and organizational psychology because of the presumed and common-sense linkages between satisfaction and other mainstream concepts.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR NURSING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS ON THE FERTILITY AND MORTALITY RATE IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF OSOGBO LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN OSUN STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In statistical analysis and inference statistics is playing an important role nearly in all phases of human life. Formall...Continue Reading »
2. COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE USE AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN IN UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study: Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) use in Nigeria is becoming more popular, (Onyiapat, Oko...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Weaning is the introduction of supplementary food to a child’s diet after the first six months of life. Early introduction of feeds and inc...Continue Reading »
4. KNOWLEDGE AND COMPLIANCE OF EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATES TO VOLUNTARY COUNSELLING AND TESTING FOR HUMAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS (HIV) AND A...» ABSTRACT Early detection and treatment of infected individuals is an important step in the control of HIV epidemic. Voluntary counselling and testing ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the motile parasitic protozoan Tri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY Maternal mortality represents the leading cause of death among the women of reproductive age in most deve...Continue Reading »
7. UTILIZATION OF ANTENATAL AND MATERNITY SERVICES BY MOTHERS SEEKING CHILD WELFARE SERVICES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Maternal and child health has emerged as the most important issue that determined global and national wellbeing...Continue Reading »
8. PREVALENCE OF HEPATITIS AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN. A CASE STUDY OF CHIROMA WARD IN LAFIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF NASARAWA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study A combination of two Greek words “hepatos” (liver) and “itis” (inflammation) ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The project work was based on managing waste in the hospitality industry. The hospitality industry is a vast scope of activities and operatio...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTFood is anything which when taken into the body serves to nourish or build up the body tissues or to supply body health (Nurses Dictionary 201...Continue Reading »