Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Chlamydiae are small gram-negative obligate intracellular microorganisms that preferentially infect squamocolumnar epithelial cell (www. Google. Com.2010).
Chlamydia is the most prevalent sexually transmitted disease resulting in urethritis, with frequencies exceeding those of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
In the United State for instance, roughly four million cases are reported annually mostly occurring in men and women under the age of 25 (Barners, 1990).
In Nigeria and indeed most developed nation, majority of the reported cases urethritis are diagnosed as being caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae, StaphyLococcus aureus and streptococcus Spp.
This could be attributed to inadequate facilities to establish proper test for the diagnosis of chamydia infection. As a result, cases of urethritis are wrongly diagnosed and treated. This calls for proper research work to establish the major aetiologic agent of urethritis. This will go a long to aid prompt treatment of reoccurring urethritis resulting from wrong diagnosis and treatment.
According to the centers of disease control and prevention (CDC), chlamydia is the most common bacteria infection in the United State. About 1.1 million new cases were reported in 2007.
However, because as many as 75% of infected women and 50% Infected men do not experience symptoms of infection, the CDC estimates that up to 2.8 million new cases may occur each year in the United States. Chlamydia is most prevalent among teenagers. Nearly 75% of all new cases occur in women under the age of 25. By age 30, 50% of sexually active women have been exposed to Chlamydia.
Non-gonococcal urethritis is the most commonly diagnosed sexually transmitted disease in men in the United States.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
i. To determine the prevalence of Chlamydia infection.
ii. To ascertain the age distribution of the infection.
iii. To determine the sex distribution of the infection.
iv. To make recommendations on how to control or eradicate the infection.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.; Division Anthophyta; Class Dicotyledoneae; Order Solanales) is an agr...Continue Reading »
2. AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORY FACILITIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SHIP BUILDING IN MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education, according to Coombs (1970) consists of two components. He classified these two compone...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Toward the end of the 20th century, epidemiological studies and associated meta analyses suggested strongly that long ter...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGRONUD OF THE STUDY Meat is the flesh of animals which serves as food; it is obtained from sheep, cattle, goat an...Continue Reading »
5. ANTIMICROBIAL ACTIVITY OF VINEGAR, HONEY, BLACK PEPPER, GINGER AND MUSHROOM EXTRACT ON WOUND ISOLATE» Abstract Suspensions of vinegar, honey, black pepper and ginger were examined for antibacterial activity against Salmonella sp., Pseudomonas sp. and E...Continue Reading »
6. MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE PROFILE AND METALLO-BETA-LACTAMASE PRODUCTION IN Pseudomonas aeruginosa ISOLATED FROM THE NASAL CAVITY OF CATTLE FROM KARA MARKET...» ABSTRACT Pseudomonas aeruginosa is an ubiquitous, Gram negative, rod shaped, monoflagellated bacterium, capable of causing serious infections in immun...Continue Reading »
7. THE IDENTIFICATION OF PREVALENCE MICROBES ASSOCIATED WITH FROZEN FISH MARKETED IN OWERRI METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT Aquaculture products can harbour pathogenic bacteria, which are of the natural micro flora of the environment. An in vitro assay was carried ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Yogurt is a fermented milk product that contains the characteristics of bacterial cultures lactobacillus bulgaricus and s...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Chapter Title Pages Cover page Title Page Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents List of Ta...Continue Reading »
10. BACTERIA ASSOCIATED WITH URINARY TRACT INFECTION IN PREGNANT WOMEN AND THEIR ANTIBIOTIC SUSCEPTIBILITY» ABSTRACTUrine Sample from pregnant women were analysed for bacteriuria. The result of irinalysis reveals the appearance –yellow and Cloudy, pH 6.0, ...Continue Reading »