Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Chlamydiae are small gram-negative obligate intracellular microorganisms that preferentially infect squamocolumnar epithelial cell (www. Google. Com.2010).
Chlamydia is the most prevalent sexually transmitted disease resulting in urethritis, with frequencies exceeding those of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
In the United State for instance, roughly four million cases are reported annually mostly occurring in men and women under the age of 25 (Barners, 1990).
In Nigeria and indeed most developed nation, majority of the reported cases urethritis are diagnosed as being caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae, StaphyLococcus aureus and streptococcus Spp.
This could be attributed to inadequate facilities to establish proper test for the diagnosis of chamydia infection. As a result, cases of urethritis are wrongly diagnosed and treated. This calls for proper research work to establish the major aetiologic agent of urethritis. This will go a long to aid prompt treatment of reoccurring urethritis resulting from wrong diagnosis and treatment.
According to the centers of disease control and prevention (CDC), chlamydia is the most common bacteria infection in the United State. About 1.1 million new cases were reported in 2007.
However, because as many as 75% of infected women and 50% Infected men do not experience symptoms of infection, the CDC estimates that up to 2.8 million new cases may occur each year in the United States. Chlamydia is most prevalent among teenagers. Nearly 75% of all new cases occur in women under the age of 25. By age 30, 50% of sexually active women have been exposed to Chlamydia.
Non-gonococcal urethritis is the most commonly diagnosed sexually transmitted disease in men in the United States.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
i. To determine the prevalence of Chlamydia infection.
ii. To ascertain the age distribution of the infection.
iii. To determine the sex distribution of the infection.
iv. To make recommendations on how to control or eradicate the infection.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF PLANTS IN THE TREATMENT OF DISEASES CAUSED BY MICRO-ORGANISM BASED IN THE NATURAL PRODUCTS» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Medicinal plants have been used for centuries as remedies for human diseases because they contain chemical co...Continue Reading »
2. PHYTOCHEMICAL AND ANTIMICROBIAL SCREENINGOF THE STEM BARK EXTRACT(S) OFINDIGOFERA ARRECTAHOCHST EX A. RICH(FABACEAE)» ABSTRACT The Pulverized stem bark of Indigofera arrectawas exhaustively extracted with methanol and concentrated in vacuo using rotary evaporator at 4...Continue Reading »
3. BIOREMEDIATION OF EFFLUENT FROM KADUNA REFINERYAND PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY USING CLADOSPORIUM SPECIES» ABSTRACT This study investigated the potential bioremediation ability of Cladosporium species in hydrocarbon contaminated wastewater. Hydrocarbon cont...Continue Reading »
4. A SURVEY OF THE ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF THYMUS VULGARIS AND MYRISTICA FRAGRANS ON STREPTOCOCUSS PNEUMONIAE AND PSEUDOMONAS AERUGINOSA» ABSTRACT The aqueous and ethanolic extracts of the leaves of Thymus vulgaris (thyme) and the seeds of Myristica fragrans (nutmeg) were screened for th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Stored locust bean samples were purchased from Uselu market and analysed for their fungal load and physicochemical properties such as moistur...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECTS OF ETHANOL LEAVES EXTRACT OF Jatropha tanjorensis ON HAEMATOLOGICAL INDICES OF MALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the effects of ethanol leaves extract of Jatropha tanjorensis on haematological indices of mature albi...Continue Reading »
7. DETECTION OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AND VIRULENT GENES IN ENTEROCOCCI ISOLATED FROM WATER SAMPLES IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The present study was conducted to isolate, identify and analyse the distribution of Enterococci,carry out antibiotic susceptibility test and...Continue Reading »
8. BACTERIA ASSOCIATED WITH URINARY TRACT INFECTION IN PREGNANT WOMEN AND THEIR ANTIBIOTIC SUSCEPTIBILITY» ABSTRACTUrine Sample from pregnant women were analysed for bacteriuria. The result of irinalysis reveals the appearance –yellow and Cloudy, pH 6.0, ...Continue Reading »
9. HEPATITIS C VIRUS AMONG PREGNANT WOMENPEOPLE LIVING WITH HIVAIDS ATTENDING CLINIC AT UNTH ITUKUOZALLA» ABSTRACT A total of 50 blood (30 pregnant and 20 HIV) samples were obtained from pregnant women and PLWHA attending clinic at UNTH Ituku ozalla. Sampl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study on the microbial assessment of expired canned milk products was conducted in Imo State between the months of June to October, 2012...Continue Reading »