Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 41 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The three basic needs of man are food shelter and clothing but food has been proved to be the most important. Food has been defined as that which can be eaten to nourish the body. Since the economic situation is getting worse day by day, it becomes imperative that an alternative soymilk be provided to improve nutrition status.
Soybeans (Glycine max) is a member of the family legminosae, sub family papilnonaceae (Howell and Caldwell, 1972) Ezedinma F.O.C 1964) it is an annual summer legume be4ing that it is found in the hairy pods of an erect bushy legume native to Asta and have been reported to have originated from eastern and where used as food as long as before the existence of written record. It is highly proteinous in that it contains a large proportion of assailable protein, have carbohydrate having no starch at all. The protein of soybeans are glycinun, phaseolin, and legumlin are equally good source of B- comple vitamins and minerals (James et al 1992). They are also known to contain best blance of essential ammoniac’s and that is why it is usually referred to as the miracle legume or the poor mans meats”.
Originally confined to the temperate zone is no spreading rapidly into tropic particularly in Brazil and other parts of south American in India and in the far East Inspite of being one of the earliest filed crops, soybeans was introduced into Nigeria shows that Benue state and Kogi state is the most important soybeans producing are in the country. In Nigeria, nearly all of the soybeans production estimated at 30,000 tons is for human consumption and in response to increasing demand for. Soybeans as a source of protein and vegetable oil, National programmes in Nigeria have expanded their research on the crop since 1981) ( III A Annual report 1983).
Soymilk, which is traditionally an equeous extract of whole soybeans has been of considerable interest to nutritionists as a possible substitute for cow or human milk due to its advantage over many other protein source in that no allergenic properties have been associated with it so far. Therfore it is recommended for infants who are allergic to cows milk (food and food production Encyclopedia 1971)
Soymilk has been made in china for generation and its consumption is fast gaining ground in Nigeria (Ahmed 1984; bashiell et al, 1990) soymilk has been recommended by physicians for years to patients who are allergic to cows milk and now it is being recommended to those who have suffered from or are prone to degenerative heart diseases and who need a milk with unsaturated fat as a replacement for dairy milk. (Ahened 1984)
IMPORTANCE OF LEGUMES AS FOOD
Generally legumes contain 17-25% protein except soybeans which contains about 40% protein and 40-70% carbohydrate. Legume seeds are also good sources of minerals such as phosphorsphrous and iron (Bresani and Elias, 1974; stegel and fawceth, 1976) except for soybeans and groundnuts, which contains 18% and 48% oil respectively (Muller and Tobin 1980) legume seeds their utilization is impaired by inherent constraints such as the presence of several antinutrients and toxic components despite their high nutrient content. Legume seeds are generally low in fats and oils. Consequently legume seeds as protein souces despite the fact that legume protein are cheaper. However, with adequate processing legumes are safe and nutritious.
Today. In Nigeria, the house holds use of various Nigerian Families and communities all over the country. Food recipes have been developed for those based mainly on soybean and those in which soybean I incorporated so as to increase the nutrient content especially protein. Soybean are incorporated into cereals tubers, and roots and other legumes. They are used to prepare the main dish breakfast, foods for adults and children weaning foods and convalescent diets.
Soymilk is rich beverage and food products rich in protein, substitute for cow milk and other source of protein, cheaper than other source of protein and a food beverage for student to take all day long without feeling the cost. Therefore there is need to ensure that the milk is hygiene prepare, free from pathogen and other spoilage organism with longer shelf ;life to protein, cheaper than other sources of protein and a food beverage for student to take all day long without feeling the cost. Therefore there is need to ensure that the milk is hygiene- prepare, free from pathogen and other spoilage organism with longer shelf life to protect the student from diseases arising from food poisoning
AIM AND OBJECTIVE
The objective of this research work is to carryout microbiological quality control of the soymilk beverage sold in I.M.T campus 3 Enugu. This is to ensure that the soymilk sold is from pathogenic and spoilage organizes and also to ensure that the food compties with the food keeping quality.
HO Soymilk is associated with spoilage microorganism
H1 Soymilk is not associated with spoilage Microorganisms.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Soymilk as a food of high nutritional value is highly associated with microorganism as a result of this hygienically prepared and declared fit for consumption so as to protect the student from disease that arises due to food poisoning.
This study will be limited to I.M.T campus 3 Enugu and soymilk as the main beverage consumed on campus III. This is due to the prevailing economic situation in the country and the relatively depreciating value of the naira has extremely affected the supply of materials and transportation difficulty encountered in the course of the study.
30 soymilk samples will be collected from the various hawkers within I.M.T campus 3 Enugu. Serial dilution of the sample will be carried. Samples will be cultured using streaking method with nutrient agar and macconkey agar.
Gram staining will be carried out and microscopic examination will also be carried out to identify the pathogenic organism. Finally, biochemical test will be done to confirm the presence of the organisms.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGRONUD OF THE STUDY Meat is the flesh of animals which serves as food; it is obtained from sheep, cattle, goat an...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATION OF THE MODULATORY EFFECT OF METHANOLIC EXTRACT OF CADABA FARINOSA Forssk ON CARBONIC ANHYDRASE IN STREPTOZOTOCIN INDUCED DIABETIC RAT...» ABSTRACT Carbonic anhydrase (CA) is an ubiquitous enzyme catalyzing the reversible hydration of CO2 to HCO3 and H+. CA plays a crucial role in CO2 tra...Continue Reading »
3. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF PIPEBORNE WATER AND OTHER SOURCES OF WATER WITHIN ENUGU METROPOLIS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.(INDEPENDENCE LAYOUT LOCALITY)» ABSTRACT Comparative examination of three main sources of water supply in Independence layout Enugu was carried out with a view to determine their lev...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Microbial examination of spoilt Avocado fruits was carried out to obtained the causal organism. A total of 60 avocado from Ogbete Main market...Continue Reading »
» mi ABSTRACT Normal vaginal flora contains a wide range of microorganisms. Bacterial vaginosis BV is the main reason of vaginal discharge. Many gram po...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONNewcastle disease (ND) is one of the most important avian viral diseases because of its high economic impact on the poultry...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Traditional medical practice has assumed exalted status in various communities around the world (Mathabe et al., 2006). P...Continue Reading »
8. DETECTION AND PCR CHARACTERIZATION OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS ENTEROTOXIN GENESFROM MASTITIC COW MILK AMONG SOME DAIRY HERDS IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The study is aimed to detect and PCR characterize S. aureus enterotoxin gene from mastitic cow milk within Zaria metropolis. Four hundred and...Continue Reading »
9. ISOLATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF BACTERIA FROM FOOD VENDORS AND SOME VEGETABLE AVAILABLE AT OGBETE MARKET ENUGU» ABSTRACT Safety of food is a basic requirement of food quality. A total of 25 street food samples (Jollof rice, egwusi soup, ugu, water leaf and green...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENTS OF ONCHOCERCA VOLVULUS INFECTION IN HUMANS AND BLACKFLIES AND ONCHOCERCIASIS RESPONSE TO IVERMECTIN AMONG VILLAGERS AROUND GURARA DAM, K...» ABSTRACT A study on the assessment of Onchocercavolvulus infection in humans and blackflies and the onchocerciasis response to ivermectin therapy amon...Continue Reading »