Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study on the microbial assessment of expired canned milk products was conducted in Imo State between the months of June to October, 2012. a total of five expired canned milks were used in the study. The samples include expired Peak, Lunea, Nunu, Royal and Three Crown were analyzed using standard microbiological techniques ie pour plate and streak methods. The results of the study revealed the presence of staphylococcus aureus, Escheriachia coli and streptococci Spp. From the findings of the study, it is very clear that the consumption of expired milk products could serve as a potential sources of pathogenic micro-organism that could be lethal to life.
MICROBIAL ANALYSIS OF EXPIRED CANNED FOOD PRODUCT (CANNED MILK).
The wide array of available dairy foods challenges the microbiologist, engineer, and technologist to find the best ways to prevent the entry of microorganisms, destroy those that do get in along with their enzymes, and prevent the growth and activities of those that escape processing treatment.
Troublesome spoilage micro organisms include aerobic psychrotrophic Gram negative bacteria, yeasts, molds, heterofermentative, lactobacilli, and Spore-forming bacteria psychrotrophic extracellular hydrolytic enzymes, and the extend of recontamination of pasteurized fluid milk products with these bacteria is a major determinant of their shelf life. Fungal spoilage of dairy food is manifested by the presence of a wide variety of metabolic by-products, causing off-odors in color or texture. Coliforms, Yeasts, heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria, defects in cheeses. The rate of spoilage of many dairy food is slowed by the application of one or more of the following treatments, of one or more of the following treatments, reducing the Ph by fermenting the lactose to lactic and adding acids or other approved preservatives. The type of spoilage microorganisms differs widely among, dairy foods because of the selective effects of practices followed in production formulation, processing, packaging storage, distribution, and handling (Loralyn H. Ledenbach and Robert T. Marshall 2005).:
To determine the presence of Micro organism in expired canned milk product and it’s effect in human system.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION Yoghurt is a cultural diary product produced by lactic fermentation of milk (Hui, 1992). Yoghurt is produced by the contro...Continue Reading »
2. CLINICAL MANIFESTATIONS OF ONCHOCERCIASIS IN SELECTED COMMUNITIES AND ONGOING CONTROL IN ANIOCHA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE.» ABSTRACT A cross sectional study was carried out in four farming communities in Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State of Nigeria, Idumuog...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Traditional medical practice has assumed exalted status in various communities around the world (Mathabe et al., 2006). P...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF THE CAPACITY OF ASPERGILLUS FLAVUS AND TRICHODERMA SP IN THE REMOVAL OF HYDROCARBONS AND HEAVY METALS FROM RAW REFINERY EFFLUENT» ABSTRACT This study assessed the capacity of two fungi AspergillusflavusandTrichodermasp.individually and synergistically to remove hydrocarbon, cadmi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTInvitro determination of bacteriocidal effect of garlic extract on staphylococcus aureus causing skin and urinary tract infection (UTI) on som...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Chapter Title Pages Cover page Title Page Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents List of Ta...Continue Reading »
7. BACTERIA ASSOCIATED WITH URINARY TRACT INFECTION IN PREGNANT WOMEN AND THEIR ANTIBIOTIC SUSCEPTIBILITY» ABSTRACTUrine Sample from pregnant women were analysed for bacteriuria. The result of irinalysis reveals the appearance –yellow and Cloudy, pH 6.0, ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 Introduction1.1 Background of the Study The number of people with high blood pressure is in the increase and research has shown that th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Tanneries are potential economic sector that uses both natural elements and synthetic chemicals concurrently. The operations releases large v...Continue Reading »
10. DETECTION OF HEPATITIS C AND HEPATITIS B VIRUS INFECTION AMONG PRISON INMATES AND PSYCHIATRIC PATIENTS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is high risk of contracting hepatitis B and C among individuals with psychotic disorders due to lifestyle factors and prisoners globall...Continue Reading »