Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study on the microbial assessment of expired canned milk products was conducted in Imo State between the months of June to October, 2012. a total of five expired canned milks were used in the study. The samples include expired Peak, Lunea, Nunu, Royal and Three Crown were analyzed using standard microbiological techniques ie pour plate and streak methods. The results of the study revealed the presence of staphylococcus aureus, Escheriachia coli and streptococci Spp. From the findings of the study, it is very clear that the consumption of expired milk products could serve as a potential sources of pathogenic micro-organism that could be lethal to life.
MICROBIAL ANALYSIS OF EXPIRED CANNED FOOD PRODUCT (CANNED MILK).
The wide array of available dairy foods challenges the microbiologist, engineer, and technologist to find the best ways to prevent the entry of microorganisms, destroy those that do get in along with their enzymes, and prevent the growth and activities of those that escape processing treatment.
Troublesome spoilage micro organisms include aerobic psychrotrophic Gram negative bacteria, yeasts, molds, heterofermentative, lactobacilli, and Spore-forming bacteria psychrotrophic extracellular hydrolytic enzymes, and the extend of recontamination of pasteurized fluid milk products with these bacteria is a major determinant of their shelf life. Fungal spoilage of dairy food is manifested by the presence of a wide variety of metabolic by-products, causing off-odors in color or texture. Coliforms, Yeasts, heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria, defects in cheeses. The rate of spoilage of many dairy food is slowed by the application of one or more of the following treatments, of one or more of the following treatments, reducing the Ph by fermenting the lactose to lactic and adding acids or other approved preservatives. The type of spoilage microorganisms differs widely among, dairy foods because of the selective effects of practices followed in production formulation, processing, packaging storage, distribution, and handling (Loralyn H. Ledenbach and Robert T. Marshall 2005).:
To determine the presence of Micro organism in expired canned milk product and it’s effect in human system.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SUSCEPTIBILITIES OF Salmonella typhi AND OTHER BACTERIAL PATHOGENS TO ANTIBIOTICS AND HOT AQUEOUS EXTRACT OF Hibiscus sabdariffa» ABSTRACT The susceptibilities of Salmonella typhi and other pathogens to antibiotics and hot aqueous extract of Hibiscus sabdariffa were investigated ...Continue Reading »
110 pages | 0 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ugba also called ukpaka is a popular food delicacy in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group. It is rich in protein an...Continue Reading »
51 pages | 508 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY
3. PHYSIOCHEMICAL AND SENSORY EVALUATION OF COOKIES PRODUCED FROM BLENDS OF MALTED SORGHUM, SPROUTED BLACK BEANS AND COOKED COCOYAM FLOUR, PROXIMATE ANAL...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Over the years the production of cookies of various types has improved with the advancement of new technology in m...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 326 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The use of the leaves, stem and bark of the plants for medicinal purposes is an age long practice. Also in the modern tim...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 304 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY
5. ASSESSMENT OF SOME IMMUNOLOGICAL RESPONSE TO HOOKWORM INFECTION IN PATIENTS ATTENDING SELECTED HOSPITALS IN KANO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Hookworm infection is the leading cause of maternal and child morbidity in the tropics and subtropics. The most serious consequence of hookwo...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 58 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY
6. DETECTION OF HEPATITIS C AND HEPATITIS B VIRUS INFECTION AMONG PRISON INMATES AND PSYCHIATRIC PATIENTS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is high risk of contracting hepatitis B and C among individuals with psychotic disorders due to lifestyle factors and prisoners globall...Continue Reading »
100 pages | 188 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY
7. EFFICACY OF ARTESUNATE IN THE TREATMENT OF URINARY SCHISTOSOMIASIS AT UMUIKWU- ANAM COMMUNITY IN ANAMBRA WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ANAMBRA STATE, ...» ABSTRACT A study on the efficacy of artesunate in the treatment of urinary schistosomiasis at Umuikwu Anam community, Anambra West Local Government ar...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 129 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY
8. DETOXIFICATION AND ANTI-NUTRIENT REDUCTION OF JATROPHA CURCAS SEED CAKE BY FERMENTATION USING BACILLUS SPECIES» ABSTRACT Jatropha curcas seed cake is a by product generated from the oil extraction of J. curcas seed a biodiesel producing plant‘s seed. Altho...Continue Reading »
112 pages | 170 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY
9. BIOETHANOL PRODUCTION FROM SUGARCANE BAGASSE AND RICE STALK USING LOCAL STRAINS OF ASPERGILLUS NIGERANDSACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE AS CO-CULTURES» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at producing an alternative energy source(bioethanol)from sulphuric acid and alkaline hydrogen peroxide treated sugarcan...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 48 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN EXPERT SYSTEM ON THYPHOID AND MALARIA DIAGNOSIS (A case study of Park Lane Hospital Enugu)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study An expert system is a software system that attempts to reproduce the performance of one or more h...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 426 hits | Source: MICROBIOLOGY