Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study on the microbial assessment of expired canned milk products was conducted in Imo State between the months of June to October, 2012. a total of five expired canned milks were used in the study. The samples include expired Peak, Lunea, Nunu, Royal and Three Crown were analyzed using standard microbiological techniques ie pour plate and streak methods. The results of the study revealed the presence of staphylococcus aureus, Escheriachia coli and streptococci Spp. From the findings of the study, it is very clear that the consumption of expired milk products could serve as a potential sources of pathogenic micro-organism that could be lethal to life.
MICROBIAL ANALYSIS OF EXPIRED CANNED FOOD PRODUCT (CANNED MILK).
The wide array of available dairy foods challenges the microbiologist, engineer, and technologist to find the best ways to prevent the entry of microorganisms, destroy those that do get in along with their enzymes, and prevent the growth and activities of those that escape processing treatment.
Troublesome spoilage micro organisms include aerobic psychrotrophic Gram negative bacteria, yeasts, molds, heterofermentative, lactobacilli, and Spore-forming bacteria psychrotrophic extracellular hydrolytic enzymes, and the extend of recontamination of pasteurized fluid milk products with these bacteria is a major determinant of their shelf life. Fungal spoilage of dairy food is manifested by the presence of a wide variety of metabolic by-products, causing off-odors in color or texture. Coliforms, Yeasts, heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria, defects in cheeses. The rate of spoilage of many dairy food is slowed by the application of one or more of the following treatments, of one or more of the following treatments, reducing the Ph by fermenting the lactose to lactic and adding acids or other approved preservatives. The type of spoilage microorganisms differs widely among, dairy foods because of the selective effects of practices followed in production formulation, processing, packaging storage, distribution, and handling (Loralyn H. Ledenbach and Robert T. Marshall 2005).:
To determine the presence of Micro organism in expired canned milk product and it’s effect in human system.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT A study on schistosomiasis infection was carried out among students, farmers and fishers (fishermen/women) from four villages in the Central ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Chlamydiae are small gram negative obligate intracellular microorganisms that preferentially infect squamocolumnar epithelial...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.; Division Anthophyta; Class Dicotyledoneae; Order Solanales) is an agr...Continue Reading »
4. A SURVEY OF MALARIA VECTORS AND PARASITES IN AGUOWA COMMUNITY, ENUGU - EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ENUGU STATE, SOUTH EASTERN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study set out to determine the presence of mosquito vectors of malaria, prevalent Plasmodium species as well as some blood parameters rel...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ugba also called ukpaka is a popular food delicacy in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group. It is rich in protein an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGRONUD OF THE STUDY Meat is the flesh of animals which serves as food; it is obtained from sheep, cattle, goat an...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Chapter Title Pages Cover page Title Page Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents List of Ta...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The samples of male and female body surfaces in Osun State Polytechnic Iree were collected for culturing analysis. Two fungi were isolated an...Continue Reading »
9. CHARACTERIZATION OF SALMONELLA SPECIES AND DETERMINATION OF BASELINE ANTIBODY TITRE AMONG APPARENTLY HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to determine the baseline antibody titre, isolate and characterize Salmonella species from apparently healthy indivi...Continue Reading »
10. ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF HONEY ON Staphylococcus aureusEscherichia coli and Streptococcus pyogen ISOLATED FROM WOUND» ABSTRACT Antibacterial activity of honey obtained from two different locations in Enugu State (Nsukka & Ugwuaji) Nigeria on Staphylococcus aureus,...Continue Reading »