Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study on the microbial assessment of expired canned milk products was conducted in Imo State between the months of June to October, 2012. a total of five expired canned milks were used in the study. The samples include expired Peak, Lunea, Nunu, Royal and Three Crown were analyzed using standard microbiological techniques ie pour plate and streak methods. The results of the study revealed the presence of staphylococcus aureus, Escheriachia coli and streptococci Spp. From the findings of the study, it is very clear that the consumption of expired milk products could serve as a potential sources of pathogenic micro-organism that could be lethal to life.
MICROBIAL ANALYSIS OF EXPIRED CANNED FOOD PRODUCT (CANNED MILK).
The wide array of available dairy foods challenges the microbiologist, engineer, and technologist to find the best ways to prevent the entry of microorganisms, destroy those that do get in along with their enzymes, and prevent the growth and activities of those that escape processing treatment.
Troublesome spoilage micro organisms include aerobic psychrotrophic Gram negative bacteria, yeasts, molds, heterofermentative, lactobacilli, and Spore-forming bacteria psychrotrophic extracellular hydrolytic enzymes, and the extend of recontamination of pasteurized fluid milk products with these bacteria is a major determinant of their shelf life. Fungal spoilage of dairy food is manifested by the presence of a wide variety of metabolic by-products, causing off-odors in color or texture. Coliforms, Yeasts, heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria, defects in cheeses. The rate of spoilage of many dairy food is slowed by the application of one or more of the following treatments, of one or more of the following treatments, reducing the Ph by fermenting the lactose to lactic and adding acids or other approved preservatives. The type of spoilage microorganisms differs widely among, dairy foods because of the selective effects of practices followed in production formulation, processing, packaging storage, distribution, and handling (Loralyn H. Ledenbach and Robert T. Marshall 2005).:
To determine the presence of Micro organism in expired canned milk product and it’s effect in human system.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ugba also called ukpaka is a popular food delicacy in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group. It is rich in protein an...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECTS OF ETHANOL LEAVES EXTRACT OF Jatropha tanjorensis ON HAEMATOLOGICAL INDICES OF MALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the effects of ethanol leaves extract of Jatropha tanjorensis on haematological indices of mature albi...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTS OF ANTHROPOENIC ACTIVITIES AND DOMESTIC WASTE ON SURFACE WATER QUALITY (A CASE STUDY OF RIVER NIGER IN KATCHA L.G.A, NIGER)...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Water is essential for life. Man needs water for various other purposes apart from drinking a...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF EXTRACELLULAR BETA-GALACTOSIDASE PRODUCTION POTENTIAL OF FUNGI ISOLATED FROM DAIRY EFFLUENT» ABSTRACT Dairy wastewater is increasingly becoming an environmental concern. There is a widespread interest in the use of beta galactosidase (EC 3.2.1...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background. Urinary tract infection (UTI) is defined as the bacterial invasion of the urinary tract. It is primarily caus...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF AFLATOXIN M1 AMONG LACTATING MOTHERS AND THEIR INFANTS IN DAMATURU YOBE STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Aflatoxin M1 is a biomarker of aflatoxin B1 which is detected in breast milk, a possible risk factor for infant early exposure to Aflatoxin. ...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF SOME IMMUNOLOGICAL RESPONSE TO HOOKWORM INFECTION IN PATIENTS ATTENDING SELECTED HOSPITALS IN KANO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Hookworm infection is the leading cause of maternal and child morbidity in the tropics and subtropics. The most serious consequence of hookwo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Microbial examination of spoilt Avocado fruits was carried out to obtained the causal organism. A total of 60 avocado from Ogbete Main market...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Tanneries are potential economic sector that uses both natural elements and synthetic chemicals concurrently. The operations releases large v...Continue Reading »
10. THE DETERMINATION OF IN VITTRO ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF GARLIC (Allum sativum) AGAINST Staphylococcus aureus ISOLATED FROM BURN WOUNDS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It has been known throughout history that garlic has always been in use worldwide by various ...Continue Reading »