Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 43 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Chlamydiae are small gram-negative obligate intracellular microorganisms that preferentially infect squamocolumnar epithelial cell (www. Google. Com.2010).
Chlamydia is the most prevalent sexually transmitted disease resulting in urethritis, with frequencies exceeding those of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
In the United State for instance, roughly four million cases are reported annually mostly occurring in men and women under the age of 25 (Barners, 1990).
In Nigeria and indeed most developed nation, majority of the reported cases urethritis are diagnosed as being caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae, StaphyLococcus aureus and streptococcus Spp.
This could be attributed to inadequate facilities to establish proper test for the diagnosis of chamydia infection. As a result, cases of urethritis are wrongly diagnosed and treated. This calls for proper research work to establish the major aetiologic agent of urethritis. This will go a long to aid prompt treatment of reoccurring urethritis resulting from wrong diagnosis and treatment.
According to the centers of disease control and prevention (CDC), chlamydia is the most common bacteria infection in the United State. About 1.1 million new cases were reported in 2007.
However, because as many as 75% of infected women and 50% Infected men do not experience symptoms of infection, the CDC estimates that up to 2.8 million new cases may occur each year in the United States. Chlamydia is most prevalent among teenagers. Nearly 75% of all new cases occur in women under the age of 25. By age 30, 50% of sexually active women have been exposed to Chlamydia.
Non-gonococcal urethritis is the most commonly diagnosed sexually transmitted disease in men in the United States.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
i. To determine the prevalence of Chlamydia infection.
ii. To ascertain the age distribution of the infection.
iii. To determine the sex distribution of the infection.
iv. To make recommendations on how to control or eradicate the infection.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTS OF ETHANOL LEAVES EXTRACT OF Jatropha tanjorensis ON HAEMATOLOGICAL INDICES OF MALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the effects of ethanol leaves extract of Jatropha tanjorensis on haematological indices of mature albi...Continue Reading »
2. PREVALENCE AND ANTIMICROBIAL SUSCEPTIBILITY OF GRAM NEGATIVE BACTERIA IN THE URINE OF CARITAS UNIVERSITY STUDENTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Gram negative bacteria are bacteria that do not retain their crystal violet dye in the gram staining protocol. They are diffe...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF AFLATOXIN M1 AMONG LACTATING MOTHERS AND THEIR INFANTS IN DAMATURU YOBE STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Aflatoxin M1 is a biomarker of aflatoxin B1 which is detected in breast milk, a possible risk factor for infant early exposure to Aflatoxin. ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Some locally available fruits (garden egg, orange, banana, guava, avocado, pawpaw and pineapple).sold in Oye Emene Enugu, Enugu State was exa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Onion is associated with micro organisms which are capable of causing spoilage. Onions with rots were examined microscopically. A solution of...Continue Reading »
7. PHYSIOCHEMICAL AND SENSORY EVALUATION OF COOKIES PRODUCED FROM BLENDS OF MALTED SORGHUM, SPROUTED BLACK BEANS AND COOKED COCOYAM FLOUR, PROXIMATE ANAL...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Over the years the production of cookies of various types has improved with the advancement of new technology in m...Continue Reading »
8. DETECTION OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AND VIRULENT GENES IN ENTEROCOCCI ISOLATED FROM WATER SAMPLES IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The present study was conducted to isolate, identify and analyse the distribution of Enterococci,carry out antibiotic susceptibility test and...Continue Reading »
9. ANTIBIOGRAM AND MICROBIAL CARRIAGE OF CAMPUS SHUTTLE DOOR HANDLES (A STUDY OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE.)» ABSTRACT The transmission of infection via fomites constitutes a major threat to public health especially in the developing countries. This study was ...Continue Reading »
10. A SURVEY OF MALARIA VECTORS AND PARASITES IN AGUOWA COMMUNITY, ENUGU - EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ENUGU STATE, SOUTH EASTERN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study set out to determine the presence of mosquito vectors of malaria, prevalent Plasmodium species as well as some blood parameters rel...Continue Reading »