Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 43 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Chlamydiae are small gram-negative obligate intracellular microorganisms that preferentially infect squamocolumnar epithelial cell (www. Google. Com.2010).
Chlamydia is the most prevalent sexually transmitted disease resulting in urethritis, with frequencies exceeding those of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
In the United State for instance, roughly four million cases are reported annually mostly occurring in men and women under the age of 25 (Barners, 1990).
In Nigeria and indeed most developed nation, majority of the reported cases urethritis are diagnosed as being caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae, StaphyLococcus aureus and streptococcus Spp.
This could be attributed to inadequate facilities to establish proper test for the diagnosis of chamydia infection. As a result, cases of urethritis are wrongly diagnosed and treated. This calls for proper research work to establish the major aetiologic agent of urethritis. This will go a long to aid prompt treatment of reoccurring urethritis resulting from wrong diagnosis and treatment.
According to the centers of disease control and prevention (CDC), chlamydia is the most common bacteria infection in the United State. About 1.1 million new cases were reported in 2007.
However, because as many as 75% of infected women and 50% Infected men do not experience symptoms of infection, the CDC estimates that up to 2.8 million new cases may occur each year in the United States. Chlamydia is most prevalent among teenagers. Nearly 75% of all new cases occur in women under the age of 25. By age 30, 50% of sexually active women have been exposed to Chlamydia.
Non-gonococcal urethritis is the most commonly diagnosed sexually transmitted disease in men in the United States.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
i. To determine the prevalence of Chlamydia infection.
ii. To ascertain the age distribution of the infection.
iii. To determine the sex distribution of the infection.
iv. To make recommendations on how to control or eradicate the infection.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF THE MODULATORY EFFECT OF METHANOLIC EXTRACT OF CADABA FARINOSA Forssk ON CARBONIC ANHYDRASE IN STREPTOZOTOCIN INDUCED DIABETIC RAT...» ABSTRACT Carbonic anhydrase (CA) is an ubiquitous enzyme catalyzing the reversible hydration of CO2 to HCO3 and H+. CA plays a crucial role in CO2 tra...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
3. THE IDENTIFICATION OF PREVALENCE MICROBES ASSOCIATED WITH FROZEN FISH MARKETED IN OWERRI METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT Aquaculture products can harbour pathogenic bacteria, which are of the natural micro flora of the environment. An in vitro assay was carried ...Continue Reading »
4. PREVALENCE OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANT LIVESTOCK ASSOCIATED STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS ISOLATED FROM NASAL PASSAGE OF HEALTHY CATTLE IN KARA MARKET OGUN STATE N...» ABSTRACT Staphylococcus aureus, ‘one of the most adaptable and virulent pathogens in modern times’ is a facultative anaerobic Gram positiv...Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATION OF NITRATE REDUCTASE ASSAY FOR DETECTION OF MULTI-DRUG RESISTANT MYCOBACTERIUM TUBERCULOSIS AMONG PATIENTS AT NATIONAL TUBERCULOSIS REFEREN...» ABSTRACT Multi drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB) remains a major challenge for the control of tuberculosis worldwide. Susceptibility testing of Myc...Continue Reading »
6. ISOLATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF BACTERIA FROM FOOD VENDORS AND SOME VEGETABLE AVAILABLE AT OGBETE MARKET ENUGU» ABSTRACT Safety of food is a basic requirement of food quality. A total of 25 street food samples (Jollof rice, egwusi soup, ugu, water leaf and green...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ugba also called ukpaka is a popular food delicacy in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group. It is rich in protein an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Yogurt is a fermented milk product that contains the characteristics of bacterial cultures lactobacillus bulgaricus and s...Continue Reading »
9. ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF HONEY ON Staphylococcus aureusEscherichia coli and Streptococcus pyogen ISOLATED FROM WOUND» ABSTRACT Antibacterial activity of honey obtained from two different locations in Enugu State (Nsukka & Ugwuaji) Nigeria on Staphylococcus aureus,...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Water is one of the indispensable resources for the continued existence of all living things including man. The provision of an adequate supp...Continue Reading »