Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 43 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Chlamydiae are small gram-negative obligate intracellular microorganisms that preferentially infect squamocolumnar epithelial cell (www. Google. Com.2010).
Chlamydia is the most prevalent sexually transmitted disease resulting in urethritis, with frequencies exceeding those of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
In the United State for instance, roughly four million cases are reported annually mostly occurring in men and women under the age of 25 (Barners, 1990).
In Nigeria and indeed most developed nation, majority of the reported cases urethritis are diagnosed as being caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae, StaphyLococcus aureus and streptococcus Spp.
This could be attributed to inadequate facilities to establish proper test for the diagnosis of chamydia infection. As a result, cases of urethritis are wrongly diagnosed and treated. This calls for proper research work to establish the major aetiologic agent of urethritis. This will go a long to aid prompt treatment of reoccurring urethritis resulting from wrong diagnosis and treatment.
According to the centers of disease control and prevention (CDC), chlamydia is the most common bacteria infection in the United State. About 1.1 million new cases were reported in 2007.
However, because as many as 75% of infected women and 50% Infected men do not experience symptoms of infection, the CDC estimates that up to 2.8 million new cases may occur each year in the United States. Chlamydia is most prevalent among teenagers. Nearly 75% of all new cases occur in women under the age of 25. By age 30, 50% of sexually active women have been exposed to Chlamydia.
Non-gonococcal urethritis is the most commonly diagnosed sexually transmitted disease in men in the United States.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
i. To determine the prevalence of Chlamydia infection.
ii. To ascertain the age distribution of the infection.
iii. To determine the sex distribution of the infection.
iv. To make recommendations on how to control or eradicate the infection.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INTESTINAL PARASITES AMONG UNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS, IN ORAIFITE, EKWUSIGO L.G.A., ANAMBRA STATE, SOUTHEASTERN NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT A study was conducted to determine the prevalence of intestinal parasites among pupils in Unity primary school in Oraifite, Ekwusigo Local Go...Continue Reading »
2. DETECTION AND PCR CHARACTERIZATION OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS ENTEROTOXIN GENESFROM MASTITIC COW MILK AMONG SOME DAIRY HERDS IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The study is aimed to detect and PCR characterize S. aureus enterotoxin gene from mastitic cow milk within Zaria metropolis. Four hundred and...Continue Reading »
3. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF DISINFECTANT EFFICIENCY OF ETHANOL, BLEACH AND PHENOLICS AGAINST Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus» ABSTRACTEthanol, Bleach and Phenolics are three kinds of disinfectants which have been widely used in common laboratories. In this study, a compared e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at investigating the microbial load and the quality of indoor air Faith Mediplex Centre, Benin City, to ascertain their ...Continue Reading »
5. AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORY FACILITIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SHIP BUILDING IN MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education, according to Coombs (1970) consists of two components. He classified these two compone...Continue Reading »
6. MOSQUITO SURVEY THROUGH LARVAL SAMPLING AND OVITRAPPING IN PARTS OF ASABA, DELTA STATE, SOUTHWESTERN NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT A survey of the mosquito fauna of Asaba, the Delta State capital of Southwestern Nigeria was undertaken between January and March 2009. The m...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTFruit juices are very nutritive, invigorating and non alcoholic beverage, which is very well liked throughout the world. Juice may be squeezed...Continue Reading »
8. PREVALENCE AND ANTIMICROBIAL SUSCEPTIBILITY OF GRAM NEGATIVE BACTERIA IN THE URINE OF CARITAS UNIVERSITY STUDENTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Gram negative bacteria are bacteria that do not retain their crystal violet dye in the gram staining protocol. They are diffe...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF ETHANOL LEAVES EXTRACT OF Jatropha tanjorensis ON HAEMATOLOGICAL INDICES OF MALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the effects of ethanol leaves extract of Jatropha tanjorensis on haematological indices of mature albi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ugba also called ukpaka is a popular food delicacy in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group. It is rich in protein an...Continue Reading »