Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
A solarbox cooker is a device that converts solar energy into useful heat in a confined space.
The solar cooking system which captures and utilizes the abundant solar energy was
designed, simulated, constructed and tested. Plane reflectors were used to concentrate solar
radiations continuously on the collector which result to heat gain. It is usually difficult to
manually track the movement of the sun and the use of a tracking device may be very
expensive. Hence, plane reflectors were used. At the initial stage, the typical metrological
year (TMY) solar data of Zaria obtained was processed to obtain the monthly average daily
solar resources of Zaria using the solar radiation and weather data processor TYPE 109
component of TRNSYS 16 software. The month with the least average daily solar radiation
was considered as the design month and the result shows that the month of August has the
least solar radiation and therefore, considered as the design month.Secondly, the solar cooker
was constructed at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Mechanical Engineering Workshop using
various tools for cutting and machining.Thirdly, the solar cooker was tested at Mechanical
Engineering Department of ABU between 28th and 31st of October, 2016. During the course
of the testing, it was observed that in general the performance of the cooker was so
encouraging because it cooked rice within an hour. The maximum stagnation temperature and
that of absorber plate temperature were found to be 141oC and 143oC respectively. The
cooker was simulated using TRNSYS and EES software. The simulated results were
compared with the experimental results to determine the level of agreement between the two
using Root Mean Square Error (RMSE) and Nash Sutcliff Efficiency (NSE) statistical tool.
The RMSE results are 4.8203oC and 2.604oC. While the NSE results are 0.9867 and 0.996.
These results show that the experimental values and the simulated values are in good fit.The
regression line for the experiment and simulation were obtained and were used to compute
the cooking power of the cooker. At 50oC, the experimental and simulated cooking powers
are 52.8W and 54.8W respectively. For the average solar radiation incident on surfaces at
different time intervals for the 4 conservative days, the regression line showing line of best fit
for the co-efficient of determination (r2) was found to be 91.87 . And also, for the variation
of simulated and experimental collector efficiency, the co-efficient of determination (r2) for
both the simulated and experimental results were found to be 98.8 and 94.1 respectively.
And the percentage of energy increment due to third reflector was found to be 84.5
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The pan typed granulating machine is a modern machine designed for producing granular fertilizer. It is essentially made up of a granulating ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Extraction is the process by which substances are removed from their original component or raw state. Hence, j...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT AN HANDHELD MAGNETIC METAL DETECTOR FOR THE PURPOSE OF DETECTING, LANDMINES, METAL TREASURES, ORE BY MINERS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Information In the beginning metal detectors, couldn’t pick up everything deeper than one inch down. Thi...Continue Reading »
4. EVALUATION OF THE MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF POLYPROPYLENE/CALCIUM CARBONATE NANOCOMPOSITE AT VARIOUS CREEP CONDITIONS» ABSTRACT The mechanical properties of Polypropylene and Polypropylene/Calcium Carbonate nanocomposites were evaluated. Data on the influence of Calciu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Propeller agitator is a specialized of various types of substances. It consists of three basic components which are the shaft, blade and the ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project is focused on experimental analysis of impact of water jet on vanes. This work intends to predict the output of a pelton wheel, a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The project “Design and fabrication a corn shelling machine” is indeed an essential one in a time like this when ...Continue Reading »
8. APPRAISAL OF THE UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING AUTOMOBILE TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES, KANO (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED S...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
9. INHIBITION EVALUATION OF CHEMICAL AND PLANT EXTRACTS ON THE CORROSION OF METALLIC ALLOYS IN ACIDIC ENVIRONMENT» ABSTRACT Numerous failures and eventual losses in the chemical industry have been traced to corrosion processes. Failures resulting from the inability...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vi Abstract vii CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Backgrou...Continue Reading »