Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
A solarbox cooker is a device that converts solar energy into useful heat in a confined space.
The solar cooking system which captures and utilizes the abundant solar energy was
designed, simulated, constructed and tested. Plane reflectors were used to concentrate solar
radiations continuously on the collector which result to heat gain. It is usually difficult to
manually track the movement of the sun and the use of a tracking device may be very
expensive. Hence, plane reflectors were used. At the initial stage, the typical metrological
year (TMY) solar data of Zaria obtained was processed to obtain the monthly average daily
solar resources of Zaria using the solar radiation and weather data processor TYPE 109
component of TRNSYS 16 software. The month with the least average daily solar radiation
was considered as the design month and the result shows that the month of August has the
least solar radiation and therefore, considered as the design month.Secondly, the solar cooker
was constructed at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Mechanical Engineering Workshop using
various tools for cutting and machining.Thirdly, the solar cooker was tested at Mechanical
Engineering Department of ABU between 28th and 31st of October, 2016. During the course
of the testing, it was observed that in general the performance of the cooker was so
encouraging because it cooked rice within an hour. The maximum stagnation temperature and
that of absorber plate temperature were found to be 141oC and 143oC respectively. The
cooker was simulated using TRNSYS and EES software. The simulated results were
compared with the experimental results to determine the level of agreement between the two
using Root Mean Square Error (RMSE) and Nash Sutcliff Efficiency (NSE) statistical tool.
The RMSE results are 4.8203oC and 2.604oC. While the NSE results are 0.9867 and 0.996.
These results show that the experimental values and the simulated values are in good fit.The
regression line for the experiment and simulation were obtained and were used to compute
the cooking power of the cooker. At 50oC, the experimental and simulated cooking powers
are 52.8W and 54.8W respectively. For the average solar radiation incident on surfaces at
different time intervals for the 4 conservative days, the regression line showing line of best fit
for the co-efficient of determination (r2) was found to be 91.87 . And also, for the variation
of simulated and experimental collector efficiency, the co-efficient of determination (r2) for
both the simulated and experimental results were found to be 98.8 and 94.1 respectively.
And the percentage of energy increment due to third reflector was found to be 84.5
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background Sugarcane as it is widely known around the world is a tall perennial crop which produces an un branched st...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project covers the design and fabrication of an office file cabinet. The cabinet is to keep and secure files and document for future reco...Continue Reading »
3. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE MANAGEMENT OF AUTOMOBILE WORKSHOPS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN NIGER STATE» Title page i Certification ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi List of figures x List of tables xi Abstract xii C...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe journal bearing demonstration rig is an apparatus which is used to study how pressure would vary around the section of a journal bearing a...Continue Reading »
5. INHIBITION EVALUATION OF CHEMICAL AND PLANT EXTRACTS ON THE CORROSION OF METALLIC ALLOYS IN ACIDIC ENVIRONMENT» ABSTRACT Numerous failures and eventual losses in the chemical industry have been traced to corrosion processes. Failures resulting from the inability...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
» Spare Parts Inventory Control Meaning To establish a common understanding, ‘Spare parts’ refers to the parts requirement for keeping both ...Continue Reading »
8. IDENTIFYING AND REPAIRING THE FAULTS(S) OF AN EXISTING SOLAR SECURITY LIGHT IN FRONT MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT.» TABLE OF CONTENT Title Page i Declaration ii Approval Page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Content vi List of Table Notations and abbrevi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTMechanical Engineering Department of the Institute of Management and Technology has many non " functional machines. This is caused as a result...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1INTRODUCTION Flat plate collectors for solar water heat were population in Florida and southern California in the 1920s. Photo type Isr...Continue Reading »