Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page - - - - - - - - - i
Certification - - - - - - - - - - ii
Dedication - - - - - - - - - - iii
Acknowledgements - - - - - - - - - iv
Table of Contents - - - - - - - - - v
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - vii
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of study - - - - - - - - 1
1.2 Statement of Research - - - - - - - - 1
1.3 Purpose of the Study - - - - - - - - 2
1.4 Scope of Study- - - - - - - - - 2
1.5 Limitation of Study - - - - - - - - 2
1.6 Significance of the study - - - - - - - 2
1.7 Method of the Study - - - - - - - - 7
1.8 Organization of work - - - - - - - - 8
CHAPTER TWO: ELEMENTS OF A FESTIVAL CEREMONY
2.1 Theories of Dramatic Elements- - - - - - - 4
2.2 Elements of a Festival Ceremony in Nigeria - - - - - 5
2.3 Examples of Festivals in Nigeria - - - - - - 10
CHAPTER THREE: OWU-ARUSUUN FESTIVAL OF THE KALABARIS
3.1 History of the Kalabaris - - - - - - - 17
3.2 Historical Background of the Owu-Arusuun Festival - - - 20
3.3 Owu-Arusuun Festival: Approach, Attire and purpose - - - 33
CHAPTER FOUR: DRAMATIC ELEMENTS IN OWU-ARUSUUN FESTIVAL
4.1 Dramatic Elements - - - - - - - - 38
4.2 Types of Dramatic Elements - - - - - - - 38
4.3 Analysis of the Elements in Owu-Arusuun Festival - - - - 45
CHAPTER FIVE: CONCLUSION
5.1 Summary of findings - - - - - - - - 49
5.2 Recommendations - - - - - - - - 49
5.3 Conclusion - - - - - - - - - 50
This study puts out the dramatic elements in the masquerade festival of the kalabaris which is also the biggest festival in the kalabari kingdom. Measures were taken to put the study together: the use of journals, articles, textbooks, interviews and also a bit of the internet, to put information correctly and spot out the dramatic elements to the view of the public so as to understand a festival to be more than just a ceremony but a drama sending out message to the society or indigenes. In the process of the research, it was noticed that all the years Owu-Arusun have been celebrated it was never seen as a drama driven ceremony, it has always been understood as just a festival bent on believe, religion and culture. It is recommended that organizers should take critical measures on elements of festivals and dramatic elements and also young scholars should put up more articles, on dramatic elements that could be found in different festivals for a more understanding of what forms of dramatic elements a festival should be made off.
1.1 Background of the Study
Generally festivals are known to be just a celebration of a particular culture of people, it is known to be putting up different activities in the art at celebrating. But it is important to know that in celebrations like festivals there are things to look out for such as; Dramatic elements. In every festivals there are actions to look out for, the way things are been done or carried out. The does, the do not and significance of what is done.
The Owu-Arusun festival of the Kalabaris is sure loaded with a lot of dramatic elements though it features Masquerade and dance displays which the dramatic elements will be critically looked at and will make the society to understand that festivals are more than just a playing ceremony but has more to look at in a theatrical view.
The practice of theatre began from all of these; festivals, rituals and other forms of cultural or human celebration that is why theatrical elements cannot be over looked no matter what the festivals is about there are always dramatic elements to spot out. And that is what will be done.
1.2 Statement of the Research
Though there have been studies on different festivals including the Owu-Arusun festivals of the Kalabaris, No extension studies have been done on the theatrical elements. It is important to give a thorough break down on the theatrical elements and possibly their significance.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this study is not just for the indigenes of Kalabari to understand more of the festival they have been partaking in, but for students and the society at large to also understand that the Owu-Arusun festival is not just a Masquerade festival but also have a great significance to its people and what the significance are.
1.4 Scope of the Study
The study centres on the theatrical elements in Owu-Arusun festival. The Owu-Arusun festival is chosen because it is rich in activities and a lot of things that are done before, during and after the festival have a lot of significances in the activities done.
1.5 Limitations of the Study
Although the investigation attempted to forestall all identifiable design problems, the following limitations characterized it.
1. The investigation was limited to one festival in Africa. A research of other African festival may produce a different or more form of theatrical elements or elements of festivals in general or reflect different rites.
2. The study did not cover all the theatrical elements. It was limited to what we could describe as page reach.
1.6 Significance of the Study
The preservation of our tradition through festivals is one of our greatest concerns of this technological era. This study becomes significant because it tries to review the importance of theatrical elements and how in the form of the elements tradition still holds its place through the festival. Like Yakubu Basic (cited in NSA) ( 2002:104):
Observes as traditional communities disappearance and ancient culture is over whelmed, billions are losing the sense of place and the sense of self that gave life a meaning.
1.7 Method of the Study
This research will make use of critical methods of data collection, and interview, the library, the house knowledge and valuable recent documents relating to the research topic, will be put to maximum use with the aim of obtaining authentic information for this study. The method for this study is historical and literal.
1.8 Organization of Work
The study is done in five related chapters this is Chapter one, which Focuses on the general introduction to the whole theatre. It presents a background to the study, the Owu-Arusun festival of the Kalabaris is put in context in relation to the research problem. The scope and significance of the study are also provided. Chapter two gives the literature for the study. It reviews relevant literature on theatrical elements in the Owu-Arusun festival of the Kalabaris. The study concentrates on Owu-Arusun festival of the Kalabaris, the theatrical elements are also discussed. And also how the festival is been done and lastly the need to bring more of theatrical elements. Chapter three is all about the festival and history of the Kalabaris, historical background of Owu-Arusun. The approach, active and purpose, chapter four preserves types of theatrical elements. Chapter five provides the summary, recommendation and conclusion.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the impact of social media on political advertising during the 2015 governorship election in Delta State. The researc...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 93 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. INTERACTIVE MEDIA SALES PROMOTION TYPOLOGIES AND TELECOMMUNICATION OPERATORS’ BRAND EQUITY AMONG CIVIL SERVANTS IN LAGOS AND OGUN STATES, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Nigerian telecommunication industry has evolved into a competitive sphere as operators endeavour to entreat and win customers through monetar...Continue Reading »
184 pages | 69 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. THE IMPACT OF GRAPHIC PRESENTATION IN NEWSPAPER PRODUCTION: A CASE STUDY OF THE TIDE NEWSPAPER AND BEACON NEWSPAPER» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Graphic presentations have a powerful impact on a viewer’s attitude, and this impact cannot...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 288 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This research was carried out to ascertain Uyo resident's perception of the credibility of select online newspapers (PUNCH and Vanguard). The...Continue Reading »
85 pages | 276 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. NIGERIA FILM AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR NATIONAL UNITY (A CASE STUDY OF HALF OF A YELLOW SUN BY BANDELE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Over the years, Nigerian films or movies have become extremely popular among Nigerians at home an...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 207 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» Background to the Study The Nigerian presidential election has long been the greatest symbol of democracy in the country, from the Nigerian independen...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 269 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication is widely used in running almost all the organizations effectively. Effective commu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 90 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
8. DRAMA AS A TOOL FOR ADDRESSING GENDER INEQUALITY IN NIGERIA: A STUDY OF TESS ONWUEME’S THE BROKEN CALABASH» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgment iv Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 General ...Continue Reading »
85 pages | 329 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. ANALYSIS OF “THIS WEEK” IN THE COMMUNICATION CLIMATE OF EMPLOYEES OF ELF PETROLEUM NIGERIA LIMITED, PORT HARCOURT – RIVERS STATE» ABSTRACT This study was on the impact of “This Week” on the communication climate of employees of Elf petroleum Nigeria limited, EPNL, and...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 205 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Defined simply, communication is the exchange of ideas between people or groups of people to crea...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 409 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION