Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 18 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦3,000
BACKGROUND / INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY
The roles of Mass Media in our society cannot be over stressed; As rebranding programme of the President Umaru Musa Yar’adua is fundamental to the development of our dynamic Nigeria; Mass Media have become tools for disseminating or exchanging information concern rebranding programmes in Nigeria. As a result of this there is need to elucidate the impact of Mass Media on the rebranding programme of President Yar’Adua.
However, rebranding according to encyclopedia is the process by which a product a services developed with one brand, company or product line. The Re-branding project of Nigeria, In 2009, the Nigeria government decided to repackage the country image. Under the current Nigeria President Umaru MUsa Yar’Adua, professor Dora Akunyili has instituted yet another rebranding project. In 2009 the Nigeria Federal government launched as new campaign under tag “Nigeria good people great nation” 17 March 2009 panapress articles “Nigeria rebrands for better image. Quote Vice President Goodluck Jonathan” Unbundling the purpose of the campaign as a genuine attempt to re-orientate Nigeria towards believing in themselves once again and to change the perception of the country both locally and internationally.
Therefore, to achieve rebranding programme of President Yar’Adua,; Mass Media play a great role. Mass Media according to encyclopedia Mass Media can be see as to denote a section of the media specifically designed to reach a very large audience such as the population of a nation. Mass Media also know as Media of Mass Communication it have been defined by Deficur and Dennis (1981:148) as devices form moving message across distance or time to accomplish Mass Communication.
Mass Media to those in the field refer to the various means through which information, ideas, entertainment and messages are transmitted to large heterogeneous audience that are far removed from the source of the message.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The general objective of this study is for the determination of the nature and impact of Mass media in rebranding programme. To examine the rebranding programme of President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. And to determine an d evaluate the effective of rebranding programme in Nigeria.
That the operations of Mass Media would popularize rebranding programme. That inclusion of Nigeria in America terror list would impede the success of
That rebranding programme if successfully done would contribute positively to the image of Nigeria.
That Nigeria are not aware of the rebranding programme.
SIGNIFICANCE TO THE STUDY
Conducting this research has a high degree of importance in many ways ranging from the area of highlighting and analyzing the roles of Mass Media in the rebranding programme of President Umaru MUsa Yar’Adua. It would also enable the government parastatals and agency on how to perform their functions without tarnish the image of Nigeria it would aids Nigeria government to achieve its aims, in doing this, it needs to work towards reducing poverty and crime. The extent of the work ahead was made painfully clear at the launch of the news. Campaign when, according to the BBC online, a member of the Nigeria rebranding team was pick pocketed just minutes before the launch of the project.
Therefore, whether the current rebranding campaign succeeds depends not only on the political will of the Nigeria leadership but the ability to change attitudes on the ground through the help of mass media.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The project has been properly designed within five chapters. The first chapter covers the background of the study, statement of problem, research questions, purpose
of the study, limitation of the study and definition of terms. The second chapter embodies and literature review in which all information from different materials used, this information is basically on the topic of the project. Third chapter cover research method. Fourthly, the data collected would analyzed and interpreted. Finally chapter five is meant for appropriate on summary reach from the information collected so far from preceding chapters.
The research method to employ in this research is survey method because the project topic is very wide indeed , therefore this method will give room for effectiveness administrative of questionnaire to the respective or representatives respondents.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This kind of research work cannot totally escape certain factors which act against its completeness successfully.
Insufficient Senior and workshop materials as well as uneasy access to information material at library and time limit.
Uneasy access to outdate and updated newspaper and magazine in library.
- What are the roles of the Mass Media in achieving rebranding programme?
- To what extent are the people being carried along on the rebranding project?
- To what extent can rebranding programme be successful without the adequate involvement of the people?
- To what extent can rebranding programme contribute to positive image of Nigeria?
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research work crucially examined “The role of broadcast media in achieving vision 20:2020” discussed extensively as the impa...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 175 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT Social media has been a major force in technology. Its impacts and use has exceeded the conventional purpose to the unimaginable future. Soci...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 91 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. THE INFLUENCE OF MEDIA CAMPAIGNS ON VESICO VAGINAL FISTULA PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN NORTH WEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Vesico Vaginal Fistula is an abnormal communication between the urinary bladder and the vagina that result into constant involuntary discharg...Continue Reading »
134 pages | 175 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The study concerns with the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree. There is no doubt about the fact that the...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. THE ROLE OF ELECTRONIC MEDIA IN COMBATING DRUG ABUSE AND NATIONAL SECURITY (A CASE STUDY OF N.T.A. ENUGU STATE)» chapter I introduction 1.1 Background to the study Communication dates back money centuries age right from the creation of man and this painting on th...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 222 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. THE PERCEPTION OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS OF SELECT ORGANISATIONS ON THE APPLICATION OF PUBLIC RELATIONS IN MANAGEMENT» Abstract The study investigated the perception of Chief Executive Officers on the application of Public Relations in management. The population of the...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 120 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. EVALUATION OF INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL AN COMMISSION (INEC AND IT’S ROLE IN GENERAL ELECTION)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The electoral commission has always been an essential component of suggestions for democratic imp...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 229 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The aim of the research work is to assess the role of the Media in anti corruption campaign; Corruption is perhaps one of the factors that ar...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 80 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to assess the level of newspapers reportage of the 2012 Dana Aviation Crisis. Consequently, the research investiga...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 66 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
10. THE EFFECT OF ONLINE ADVERTISING ON CONSUMER BUYING BEHAVIOR USING STUDENTS OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC BIDA» Abstract This study evaluated the effect of online advertising on consumer buying behavior using students of federal polytechnic Bida. The study seeks...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 75 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION