The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 63 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Communication plays a vital role in present era. There are means to communicate with each other out of which satellites have revolutionized communication. GEO, MEO, LEO are the three basic types of satellites. In general satellite communication is transferring of a signal between a sender and a receiver. Since transferring of a signals in done in space this type of communication can be termed as space communication. At first satellites were solely used for military purposes, surveillance, weather forecasting and earth imaging.
For commercial satellite communications GEO satellites have become a major backbone. Approximately 2,000 artificial satellites orbiting Earth relay analog and digital signals carrying voice, video, and data to and from one or many locations worldwide. Satellite communication has two main components: the ground segment, which consists of fixed or mobile transmission, reception, and ancillary equipment, and the space segment, which primarily is the satellite itself. A typical satellite link involves the transmission or uplinking of a signal from an Earth station to a satellite. The satellite then receives and amplifies the signal and retransmits it back to Earth, where it is received and reamplified by Earth stations and terminals. Satellite receivers on the ground include direct-to-home (DTH) satellite equipment, mobile reception equipment in aircraft, satellite telephones, and handheld device
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Satellites play a significant role in effective communication; despite the contribution of satellites to global communication, there are still some problems facing the satellite industry. This problem is based on the fact that developed countries with advance level of technology benefit from the services of satellites compared to under-developed countries. Secondly there have been series of studies on satellites but not even a single study has been carried on the role of satellite network in global communication in Nigeria
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to examine the role of satellite network in global communication. Other specific objectives of the study are:
1. to examine the current situation of the commercial satellite communication market
2. to determine the extent to which satellite network enhances the ease of information management and dissemination in Nigeria
3. to determine the inter-satellite links in Nigeria
4. to examine the technical overview of satellite communications
5. to determine the relationship between transmission, distribution and monitoring of satellite for effective global communication
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives of the study. The research questions for the study are:
1. What is the current situation of the commercial satellite communication market?
2. To what extent does satellite network enhances the ease of information management and dissemination in Nigeria?
3. What are the inter-satellite links in Nigeria?
4. How is the technical overview of satellite communications in Nigeria?
5. What is the relationship between transmission, distribution and monitoring of satellite for effective global communication?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: satellite network does not influence effective global communication
H1: satellite network influences effective global communication
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the role of satellite network in global communication will be of immense benefit to the communication industry, the government (local, state and the federal) and other researchers that desire to carry out similar research on the above topic as the findings of the study will educate the above population on the satellite network, the role of satellite network in global communication and the factors affecting the efficiency of satellite in global communication. Finally the study will contribute to the body of existing literature and knowledge in this field of study and provide a basis for further research
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on the role of satellite network in global communication will cover on satellite network, the role of satellite network in global communication and the factors affecting the efficiency of satellite in global communication
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Satellite: a satellite is an artificial object which has been intentionally placed into orbit
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The research provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the impact of social media in managing. As social media creates a 24/7 world ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 58 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT Communication has remained a formidable sector in the life wire of every society. For a meaningful life and co –existence in the societ...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 201 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Broadcasting has been at the forefront of many technological changes, mostly in digitalization and enhancemen...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 222 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Smart phones are digital wireless phones that can send and receive voice, data and video as well as storing information a...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 34 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. FOREIGN TELEVISION STATIONS’ REPRESENTATION AND THE PERCEPTION OF NIGERIA’S IMAGE BY YOUTHS IN SELECTED UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTHWEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Nigeria youths are perhaps vulnerable victims of foreign television programmes transmitted to Nigeria. The manner in which the foreign televi...Continue Reading »
173 pages | 10 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. NEWSPAPER READERSHIP AMONG SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION LECTURERS A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED NBTE SCHOOLS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Reading newspapers is one of the best ways to keep up with important news in your town, across th...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 29 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the major areas of inequality and dependency in the existing information order lies in the...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 193 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
8. NIGERIA FILM AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR NATIONAL UNITY (A CASE STUDY OF HALF OF A YELLOW SUN BY BANDELE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Over the years, Nigerian films or movies have become extremely popular among Nigerians at home an...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 145 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. THE ROLE OF THE MASS MEDIA IN PROMOTING ANTI-CORRUPTION CAMPAIGNS: A CONTENT ANALYSIS OF THISDAY AND DAILY TRUST COVERAGE OF EFCC AND ICPC RELATED ISS...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Mass media provide information for people at large so that there is acceptance of an idea to crea...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 78 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine the extent to which the “Share a Coke” campaign influenced university students’ patronage of Coc...Continue Reading »
94 pages | 41 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION