Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 63 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Communication plays a vital role in present era. There are means to communicate with each other out of which satellites have revolutionized communication. GEO, MEO, LEO are the three basic types of satellites. In general satellite communication is transferring of a signal between a sender and a receiver. Since transferring of a signals in done in space this type of communication can be termed as space communication. At first satellites were solely used for military purposes, surveillance, weather forecasting and earth imaging.
For commercial satellite communications GEO satellites have become a major backbone. Approximately 2,000 artificial satellites orbiting Earth relay analog and digital signals carrying voice, video, and data to and from one or many locations worldwide. Satellite communication has two main components: the ground segment, which consists of fixed or mobile transmission, reception, and ancillary equipment, and the space segment, which primarily is the satellite itself. A typical satellite link involves the transmission or uplinking of a signal from an Earth station to a satellite. The satellite then receives and amplifies the signal and retransmits it back to Earth, where it is received and reamplified by Earth stations and terminals. Satellite receivers on the ground include direct-to-home (DTH) satellite equipment, mobile reception equipment in aircraft, satellite telephones, and handheld device
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Satellites play a significant role in effective communication; despite the contribution of satellites to global communication, there are still some problems facing the satellite industry. This problem is based on the fact that developed countries with advance level of technology benefit from the services of satellites compared to under-developed countries. Secondly there have been series of studies on satellites but not even a single study has been carried on the role of satellite network in global communication in Nigeria
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to examine the role of satellite network in global communication. Other specific objectives of the study are:
1. to examine the current situation of the commercial satellite communication market
2. to determine the extent to which satellite network enhances the ease of information management and dissemination in Nigeria
3. to determine the inter-satellite links in Nigeria
4. to examine the technical overview of satellite communications
5. to determine the relationship between transmission, distribution and monitoring of satellite for effective global communication
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives of the study. The research questions for the study are:
1. What is the current situation of the commercial satellite communication market?
2. To what extent does satellite network enhances the ease of information management and dissemination in Nigeria?
3. What are the inter-satellite links in Nigeria?
4. How is the technical overview of satellite communications in Nigeria?
5. What is the relationship between transmission, distribution and monitoring of satellite for effective global communication?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: satellite network does not influence effective global communication
H1: satellite network influences effective global communication
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the role of satellite network in global communication will be of immense benefit to the communication industry, the government (local, state and the federal) and other researchers that desire to carry out similar research on the above topic as the findings of the study will educate the above population on the satellite network, the role of satellite network in global communication and the factors affecting the efficiency of satellite in global communication. Finally the study will contribute to the body of existing literature and knowledge in this field of study and provide a basis for further research
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on the role of satellite network in global communication will cover on satellite network, the role of satellite network in global communication and the factors affecting the efficiency of satellite in global communication
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Satellite: a satellite is an artificial object which has been intentionally placed into orbit
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a newspaper organization, there are various factors that determine the successful operation of...Continue Reading »
41 pages | 160 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. DRAMA AS A TOOL FOR ADDRESSING GENDER INEQUALITY IN NIGERIA: A STUDY OF TESS ONWUEME’S THE BROKEN CALABASH» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgment iv Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 General ...Continue Reading »
85 pages | 247 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. THE EFFECT OF NEW COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ON RADIO BROADCASTING IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SPLASH F.M 105.5 MOKOLA HILL IBADAN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Technology is the context is considered as indigenous capacity to create, adopt, diffuse, modify the ...Continue Reading »
46 pages | 178 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» 1.1 INTRODUCTION: Historically, television broadcasting in Nigeria has been use as a medium of communication that seeks to enrich the life of average ...Continue Reading »
32 pages | 229 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. INFLUENCE OF SUPER STORY ON THE SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OF YOUTHS A STUDY OF STUDENTS OF AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE» ABSTRACT The study examined the influence of Super Story on the social behaviour of students of Afe Babalola University Ado Ekiti. Use and gratificati...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 48 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction The Freedom of Information Bill (FOI) is a bill that, if passed into law, will give every Nigerian access to information,...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 162 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. IMPACT OF DIGITIZATION OF THE BROADCASTING MEDIA IN NIGERIA: A STUDY OF NIGERIA TELEVISION AUTHORITY (NTA ENUGU)» Abstract The purpose of embarking on this study was to provide a well detailed account on the impact of digitization of the Broadcasting Media in Nige...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 440 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of study Crime remains pervasive and forever strives to hide itself in terms of communication i.e in a manner that...Continue Reading »
43 pages | 395 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE ROLE OF THE MASS MEDIA IN RE-BRANDING NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NTA, CHANNEL 12, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the primary challenges faced by developing countries especially Nigeria stems from the bre...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 525 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study analysed University of Uyo students’ perception of religious advertisements on billboards in Uyo. The research technique employe...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 95 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION