Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commission Rules and Regulations on Broadcast Media: A case study of Africa Independent Television (AIT), Lagos. This research work gives vivid presentation and analysis on the Implications of NBC broadcast media especially AIT, Lagos. Existing literature reviews that no media station can operate without the rules and regulations. History and resolution of information technology have forced a lot of media organizations to rethink the ways by which operations are carried out and maintaining the rules that bind the media station. The analysis of data gathered shows that majority of respondents believe that the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) have helped in increasing and upholding the standard of media organizations in the country by the rules and regulation set. In this wise, every media house should adhere to rules guiding its operation and publication. It is however recommended that National Broadcasting Commission should hold high standard of professional practice and adhere strictly to the ethics of journalism.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is the new body empowered to oversee and regulate the operations of broadcasting in Nigeria consequent upon Decree N0. 55 of 1995 which subsequently became an act of the National Assembly.
To be specific, the NBC is legally and constitutionally vested with the power to monitor, oversee, regulate and license broadcasting in Nigeria and its scope of operation covers the transmission of sound (by radio), audiovisual transmission (by television) via a transmitter as well as transmission through satellite, cable network, system or any other broadcast medium in the country.
As Odetoyinbo (2005) observes in Orunsola Olufemi (2009): Current Trends in Broadcasting, that…
“the NBC in addition to its primary inherent powers, has been vested with additional exclusive powers relating to nationwide broadcasting licensing and regulation which were previously exercised by other agencies under the Wireless Telegraph Act of 1996 and some relevant sections of the Nigerian Television Authority Act of 1976 and the Federal Radio Corporation Act of 1978.”
Decree No. 38 authorized NBC to keep watch over licensing and regulation of Cable Television, Radio , Satellite or any other medium, broadcast from any part of the country is subjected to its authority.
NBC three cardinal purposes were to according to Orunsola (2009):
a. Regulate and control the deregulated broadcast industry in Nigeria.
b. Set a standard for broadcasting practice in Nigeria and create a national broadcasting code which would be the reference point for broadcasting in Nigeria in terms of broadcast quality, content and conduct of both broadcast program and broadcast professionals.
c. Determine and enforce necessary classes sanction as may be necessary to mute out on defaulter of the provision of national broadcasting code ranging from revocation of licenses, to fine or outright closure of a station.
National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) was established through Decree No 38 of 1992 and has become an Act of the National Assembly, which is the sole chartered organization with power to regulate broadcasting in all its activities.
In conclusion, through this research work, some mass communication theories will be examined and look into the implications and impact of National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Implication of National broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations on broadcast medium can be referred to as the positive effect the NBC services has impacted on the operations of the broadcasting media.
This research work will seek to find out what effort or impact the NBC rules and regulations have on Africa Independent Television (AIT).
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC aid AITs level of professionalism?
2. Does adherence to NBC rules and regulations influence the contents of its programme?
3. Does AIT comply with the NBC regulation of local content of 60%?
4. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC affect the contents of AIT programmes?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to find out the Implication of National Broadcasting Commission rules and regulations on AIT. This research work will seek to find out if factors such as, professional organization, commercial lobbies, non-governmental organizations etc affect or influence the broadcast station in complying with the NBC rules and regulations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle Page iCertification iiDeclaration iiiDedication ivAcknowledgements vTable of Contents viAbstract xCHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Ba...Continue Reading »
2. PRINT MEDIA COVERAGE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT IN AKWA IBOM STATE: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE PUNCH AND PIONEER NEWSPAPER» ABSTRACT The study was undertaken on print media coverage on rural development project in Akwa Ibom State was conceived by the author. The study which...Continue Reading »
3. NEWS GATHERING AND REPORTING IN DIGITAL AGE: PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES FOR NTA, KSTV AND DITV REPORTERS» ABSTRACT The study, x rayed the digital facilities available to NTA, KSTV and DITV News crew. The digital age along with changing technology, from the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The role of the media, particularly, television in advancing national integration is pivotal. Television has become a ver...Continue Reading »
5. MASS MEDIA AS AN AGENT OF PUBLIC AWARENESS ON RESTRUCTURING: AN ASSESSMENT OF NATIONAL AGENDA ON D.I.T.V/ALHERI RADIO KADUNA» ABSTRACT The main purpose of the research an investigation into the challenges of IFRS adoption and implementation amongst small and medium scale ente...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of study Crime remains pervasive and forever strives to hide itself in terms of communication i.e in a manner that...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The mass media especially the visual media (television, films, and now the new media) are widely ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe problem of this research work deals mainly on how billboard advertising can develop the print media. We know advertising revenue is one of...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work was done to final out the assessment of the mass media’s role in the campaign against drug abuse, because drug abuse has beco...Continue Reading »
10. RADIO AND PROMOTION OF CULTURE IN NIGERIA: (A STUDY OF “TUNA BAYA SHINE ROKO”, A PROGRAMME IN FRCN, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the study It is universally accepted that, radio is one of the most ubiquitous, the most effective and chea...Continue Reading »