Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commission Rules and Regulations on Broadcast Media: A case study of Africa Independent Television (AIT), Lagos. This research work gives vivid presentation and analysis on the Implications of NBC broadcast media especially AIT, Lagos. Existing literature reviews that no media station can operate without the rules and regulations. History and resolution of information technology have forced a lot of media organizations to rethink the ways by which operations are carried out and maintaining the rules that bind the media station. The analysis of data gathered shows that majority of respondents believe that the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) have helped in increasing and upholding the standard of media organizations in the country by the rules and regulation set. In this wise, every media house should adhere to rules guiding its operation and publication. It is however recommended that National Broadcasting Commission should hold high standard of professional practice and adhere strictly to the ethics of journalism.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is the new body empowered to oversee and regulate the operations of broadcasting in Nigeria consequent upon Decree N0. 55 of 1995 which subsequently became an act of the National Assembly.
To be specific, the NBC is legally and constitutionally vested with the power to monitor, oversee, regulate and license broadcasting in Nigeria and its scope of operation covers the transmission of sound (by radio), audiovisual transmission (by television) via a transmitter as well as transmission through satellite, cable network, system or any other broadcast medium in the country.
As Odetoyinbo (2005) observes in Orunsola Olufemi (2009): Current Trends in Broadcasting, that…
“the NBC in addition to its primary inherent powers, has been vested with additional exclusive powers relating to nationwide broadcasting licensing and regulation which were previously exercised by other agencies under the Wireless Telegraph Act of 1996 and some relevant sections of the Nigerian Television Authority Act of 1976 and the Federal Radio Corporation Act of 1978.”
Decree No. 38 authorized NBC to keep watch over licensing and regulation of Cable Television, Radio , Satellite or any other medium, broadcast from any part of the country is subjected to its authority.
NBC three cardinal purposes were to according to Orunsola (2009):
a. Regulate and control the deregulated broadcast industry in Nigeria.
b. Set a standard for broadcasting practice in Nigeria and create a national broadcasting code which would be the reference point for broadcasting in Nigeria in terms of broadcast quality, content and conduct of both broadcast program and broadcast professionals.
c. Determine and enforce necessary classes sanction as may be necessary to mute out on defaulter of the provision of national broadcasting code ranging from revocation of licenses, to fine or outright closure of a station.
National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) was established through Decree No 38 of 1992 and has become an Act of the National Assembly, which is the sole chartered organization with power to regulate broadcasting in all its activities.
In conclusion, through this research work, some mass communication theories will be examined and look into the implications and impact of National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Implication of National broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations on broadcast medium can be referred to as the positive effect the NBC services has impacted on the operations of the broadcasting media.
This research work will seek to find out what effort or impact the NBC rules and regulations have on Africa Independent Television (AIT).
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC aid AITs level of professionalism?
2. Does adherence to NBC rules and regulations influence the contents of its programme?
3. Does AIT comply with the NBC regulation of local content of 60%?
4. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC affect the contents of AIT programmes?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to find out the Implication of National Broadcasting Commission rules and regulations on AIT. This research work will seek to find out if factors such as, professional organization, commercial lobbies, non-governmental organizations etc affect or influence the broadcast station in complying with the NBC rules and regulations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ANALYSIS OF “THIS WEEK” IN THE COMMUNICATION CLIMATE OF EMPLOYEES OF ELF PETROLEUM NIGERIA LIMITED, PORT HARCOURT – RIVERS STATE» ABSTRACT This study was on the impact of “This Week” on the communication climate of employees of Elf petroleum Nigeria limited, EPNL, and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION New communication technology, including accessible online publishing software and evolving mobile device technology, mean...Continue Reading »
3. Awareness Creation on Cervical Cancer Screening: A Study of Living Healthy Programme on FRCN Kaduna» ABSTRACT The research was conducted to assess the radio programme: Living Healthy, and its roles in creating awareness on Cervical Cancer and screenin...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Recently there has been a massive penetration of mass media in the developing countries. Even traditi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0. INTRODUCTION One despicable issue that has over the years taken the industrial time of both medieval and contemporary media practitio...Continue Reading »
6. SOCIAL REVOLT IN WOLE SOYINKA’S THE JERO PLAYS AND UWEMEDIMO ATAKPO’S KEN SARO WIWA -N- THE NIGER DELTA TRIALS» ABSTRACT The research effort was a study of the use of literary drama as a medium of social revolution and re awakening using Wole Soyinka’s The Jer...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT To discover and appreciate the hazard (i.e. problem) and prospect of journalism in Nigeria there is the need to know the history of journalis...Continue Reading »
8. BROADCAST CONTENTS AND LISTENERS' CHOICE OF PROGRAMMES ON SELECT PRIVATE RADIO STATIONS IN UYO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT This study was set to determine broadcast contents and listeners' choice of programmes on select private radio stations in Uyo metropolis. It...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study probes the impact which Violence TV Programme has on the cultural and behaviour of the Nigeria youths. It specifically tackles the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project attempts to critically examine the influence of “Igbo Rituals as Filmic Themes in Nollywood Movies”. In order to achieve thi...Continue Reading »