Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commission Rules and Regulations on Broadcast Media: A case study of Africa Independent Television (AIT), Lagos. This research work gives vivid presentation and analysis on the Implications of NBC broadcast media especially AIT, Lagos. Existing literature reviews that no media station can operate without the rules and regulations. History and resolution of information technology have forced a lot of media organizations to rethink the ways by which operations are carried out and maintaining the rules that bind the media station. The analysis of data gathered shows that majority of respondents believe that the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) have helped in increasing and upholding the standard of media organizations in the country by the rules and regulation set. In this wise, every media house should adhere to rules guiding its operation and publication. It is however recommended that National Broadcasting Commission should hold high standard of professional practice and adhere strictly to the ethics of journalism.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is the new body empowered to oversee and regulate the operations of broadcasting in Nigeria consequent upon Decree N0. 55 of 1995 which subsequently became an act of the National Assembly.
To be specific, the NBC is legally and constitutionally vested with the power to monitor, oversee, regulate and license broadcasting in Nigeria and its scope of operation covers the transmission of sound (by radio), audiovisual transmission (by television) via a transmitter as well as transmission through satellite, cable network, system or any other broadcast medium in the country.
As Odetoyinbo (2005) observes in Orunsola Olufemi (2009): Current Trends in Broadcasting, that…
“the NBC in addition to its primary inherent powers, has been vested with additional exclusive powers relating to nationwide broadcasting licensing and regulation which were previously exercised by other agencies under the Wireless Telegraph Act of 1996 and some relevant sections of the Nigerian Television Authority Act of 1976 and the Federal Radio Corporation Act of 1978.”
Decree No. 38 authorized NBC to keep watch over licensing and regulation of Cable Television, Radio , Satellite or any other medium, broadcast from any part of the country is subjected to its authority.
NBC three cardinal purposes were to according to Orunsola (2009):
a. Regulate and control the deregulated broadcast industry in Nigeria.
b. Set a standard for broadcasting practice in Nigeria and create a national broadcasting code which would be the reference point for broadcasting in Nigeria in terms of broadcast quality, content and conduct of both broadcast program and broadcast professionals.
c. Determine and enforce necessary classes sanction as may be necessary to mute out on defaulter of the provision of national broadcasting code ranging from revocation of licenses, to fine or outright closure of a station.
National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) was established through Decree No 38 of 1992 and has become an Act of the National Assembly, which is the sole chartered organization with power to regulate broadcasting in all its activities.
In conclusion, through this research work, some mass communication theories will be examined and look into the implications and impact of National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Implication of National broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations on broadcast medium can be referred to as the positive effect the NBC services has impacted on the operations of the broadcasting media.
This research work will seek to find out what effort or impact the NBC rules and regulations have on Africa Independent Television (AIT).
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC aid AITs level of professionalism?
2. Does adherence to NBC rules and regulations influence the contents of its programme?
3. Does AIT comply with the NBC regulation of local content of 60%?
4. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC affect the contents of AIT programmes?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to find out the Implication of National Broadcasting Commission rules and regulations on AIT. This research work will seek to find out if factors such as, professional organization, commercial lobbies, non-governmental organizations etc affect or influence the broadcast station in complying with the NBC rules and regulations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract Influence of commercial advertising on the productpromotion of indomie instant noodles. A study of the children of Emene community Enugu Focu...Continue Reading »
2. INFLUENCE OF TELEVISION POLITICAL ADVERTISEMENTS ON ELECTORATES’ PERCEPTION OF 2015 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES» ABSTRACT This research examined the influence of television political advertising on electorate perception of candidate in the 2015 presidential elect...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR ACHIEVING ORGANIZATIONAL GOAL AND OBJECTIVES IN NTA (CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA TELEVISION AUTHORITY KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Basically, communication touch every sphere of human activity, it informs or better still dissemi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background To The Study Conventional and traditional advocacy has in recent decades relied on the mass media as a tool fo...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF BROADCAST MEDIA CAMPAIGN AGAINST BREAST CANCER: A STUDY OF WOMEN IN ENUGU SOUTH LGA» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of broadcast media campaign against Breast Cancer among women in Enugu metropolis. What triggered a research i...Continue Reading »
» Abstract For more than a decade now, one of the centerpieces of socio economic development, and foreign aid has been the effort to attain the Millenni...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The past fifteen years or more, the world has played host to a lot of technological innovations o...Continue Reading »
8. NEWSPAPER READERSHIP AMONG SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION LECTURERS A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED NBTE SCHOOLS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Reading newspapers is one of the best ways to keep up with important news in your town, across th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Communication has remained a formidable sector in the life wire of every society. For a meaningful life and co –existence in the societ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of the research work is to assess the role of the Media in anti corruption campaign; Corruption is perhaps one of the factors that ar...Continue Reading »