Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commission Rules and Regulations on Broadcast Media: A case study of Africa Independent Television (AIT), Lagos. This research work gives vivid presentation and analysis on the Implications of NBC broadcast media especially AIT, Lagos. Existing literature reviews that no media station can operate without the rules and regulations. History and resolution of information technology have forced a lot of media organizations to rethink the ways by which operations are carried out and maintaining the rules that bind the media station. The analysis of data gathered shows that majority of respondents believe that the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) have helped in increasing and upholding the standard of media organizations in the country by the rules and regulation set. In this wise, every media house should adhere to rules guiding its operation and publication. It is however recommended that National Broadcasting Commission should hold high standard of professional practice and adhere strictly to the ethics of journalism.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is the new body empowered to oversee and regulate the operations of broadcasting in Nigeria consequent upon Decree N0. 55 of 1995 which subsequently became an act of the National Assembly.
To be specific, the NBC is legally and constitutionally vested with the power to monitor, oversee, regulate and license broadcasting in Nigeria and its scope of operation covers the transmission of sound (by radio), audiovisual transmission (by television) via a transmitter as well as transmission through satellite, cable network, system or any other broadcast medium in the country.
As Odetoyinbo (2005) observes in Orunsola Olufemi (2009): Current Trends in Broadcasting, that…
“the NBC in addition to its primary inherent powers, has been vested with additional exclusive powers relating to nationwide broadcasting licensing and regulation which were previously exercised by other agencies under the Wireless Telegraph Act of 1996 and some relevant sections of the Nigerian Television Authority Act of 1976 and the Federal Radio Corporation Act of 1978.”
Decree No. 38 authorized NBC to keep watch over licensing and regulation of Cable Television, Radio , Satellite or any other medium, broadcast from any part of the country is subjected to its authority.
NBC three cardinal purposes were to according to Orunsola (2009):
a. Regulate and control the deregulated broadcast industry in Nigeria.
b. Set a standard for broadcasting practice in Nigeria and create a national broadcasting code which would be the reference point for broadcasting in Nigeria in terms of broadcast quality, content and conduct of both broadcast program and broadcast professionals.
c. Determine and enforce necessary classes sanction as may be necessary to mute out on defaulter of the provision of national broadcasting code ranging from revocation of licenses, to fine or outright closure of a station.
National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) was established through Decree No 38 of 1992 and has become an Act of the National Assembly, which is the sole chartered organization with power to regulate broadcasting in all its activities.
In conclusion, through this research work, some mass communication theories will be examined and look into the implications and impact of National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Implication of National broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations on broadcast medium can be referred to as the positive effect the NBC services has impacted on the operations of the broadcasting media.
This research work will seek to find out what effort or impact the NBC rules and regulations have on Africa Independent Television (AIT).
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC aid AITs level of professionalism?
2. Does adherence to NBC rules and regulations influence the contents of its programme?
3. Does AIT comply with the NBC regulation of local content of 60%?
4. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC affect the contents of AIT programmes?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to find out the Implication of National Broadcasting Commission rules and regulations on AIT. This research work will seek to find out if factors such as, professional organization, commercial lobbies, non-governmental organizations etc affect or influence the broadcast station in complying with the NBC rules and regulations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Cartoon readership decreased as student readers got older. Among the lecturers, readership of car...Continue Reading »
2. ACADEMIC INDISCIPLINE AND FAILURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ENUGU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT This study investigated Academic Indiscipline and Failure among Secondary School Students. (A case study of some selected schools in Enugu Ea...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This research work is carried out in a way that will investigate and find out in a clearly define...Continue Reading »
4. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION ON FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION OF NIGERIA NETWORK NEWS: A STUDY OF THE RESIDENTS OF IBADAN TOWN, OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study According to Ude (1998) in his book, Introduction to Reporting and News Writing, he defines news ...Continue Reading »
5. USES AND GRATIFICATIONS OF SOCIAL MEDIA AMONG MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENTS OF AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY ZARIA AND UNIVERSITY OF JOS» ABSTRACT This study investigates the uses and gratifications of social media among mass communication students of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and Un...Continue Reading »
» (A Critical Analysis of Four Home Movies; ZOZA, Before the Rain, Street Fame and The Dogs Meeting) ABSTRACT This research study was primarily motivate...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF THE MEDIA IN MITIGATING AGAINST FEMALE SECONDARY SCHOOL DROP OUTS: A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN SABON GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 Introduction Education is a process of mapping experiences and finding a variety of reliable routes to opt...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Communication is regarded as effective tools in public relation. Most organizations in Nigeria today tend to perform poor...Continue Reading »
» (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING SERVICE) ABSTRACT The various literature studies intended to the mass media role in the national development ...Continue Reading »
10. RADIO LISTENERSHIP PATTERN AMONG MARKET WOMEN IN ILORIN METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF GBAJI MARKET WOMEN, IBADAN AND OBADA WOMEN MARKET, IREE)» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »