The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 61 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 Background of the Study
The student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, existence has continued to move from archaic ways of life to align with modern social media change introduced by technology. This technology popularly known as Information and Communication Technology (ICT) continue to transform every fact of student life and concur to the nation of a great scholar Mcluhan on medium is the messages that influence the students rather it is the capability of social media technology which extend student life through time.
Communication is a basic human need and for that reason student has always found a means of meeting this need. The media which is an umbrella term of various means of communication has become integral part of human life around the world.
The earliest forms of personal media, speech and gestures had the benefit of being easy to use and did not necessarily need complex technology. The popularity of the internet and online communication in the life of the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree has grown exponentially social media (networking) websites enables users to remain connected. The wide spread of social networking websites such as face book, my space, twitter, 2go, whats app. Etc. with million user accessing these websites is raising daily.
Research proves that it is safe to assume that majority of people taking that survey were in fact University, Polytechnic level, College students with no bias towards gender or race.
Basically this project work centers on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, student as Information
Communication Technology, despite it positive gains come with negative consequences with so many networking sites displayed on the internet, most students are tempted to abandon their home work, reading times in preferences for chatting online with their friends.
Many students especially Osun State Polytechnic Iree students are now addicted to the online rave of the movement with facebook, social media before now was used by student in alarming and must be tacked urgently so that social media (networking) will not disparage the future and primary aims of this student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree.
However, this project work will focus on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, how they have benefited positively from these social media (networks).
1.2 Statement of the Study
This project work will examine the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree and to make further suggestion on how the use of social media and networking has positively and negatively affected the student both in their academics and social life.
1.3 Research Question
To what extent has the social media affected the students of Osun
State Polytechnic Iree?
Does social media has any implication on the students of Osun State
Polytechnic Iree academic performance?
How often do students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree have access to
this social media?
To what extent has the social media improves the educational
standard of Osun State Polytechnic Iree?
1.4 Objective of the Study
1. To examine how students could benefit from these social media.
2. To examine critically the implications of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
3. To know the performances and how often student use these social media. These are the objective of this project.
1.5 Significance of the Study
It is hope that the finding of this project work will not only add to the vast knowledge about the impact of social media on the students of Osun
State Polytechnic Iree, it’s also design to highlight the function of the media and more importantly how the social media has impacted the generality of students.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» The article on this topic (Analysis of challenges facing freedom of information in Nigeria) is an extract from the complete project material. The comp...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 438 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. THE USE OF PRINT MEDIA AS TOOL FOR PUBLIC RELATION PRACTICE (A CASE STUDY OF INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES PLC, ILESA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In the pursuit for strong and stable relations, most of the public relations practitioners in...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 66 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study investigated internet usage, and academic performance of university of Uyo students. Internet today, enables information sharing a...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 111 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT Communication has remained a formidable sector in the life wire of every society. For a meaningful life and co –existence in the societ...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 219 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The portrayal of the female in advertising has reached a sophisticated level in an age of mass media and modern technology. The study evaluat...Continue Reading »
232 pages | 60 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. INTERACTIVE MEDIA SALES PROMOTION TYPOLOGIES AND TELECOMMUNICATION OPERATORS’ BRAND EQUITY AMONG CIVIL SERVANTS IN LAGOS AND OGUN STATES, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Nigerian telecommunication industry has evolved into a competitive sphere as operators endeavour to entreat and win customers through monetar...Continue Reading »
184 pages | 22 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. INFLUENCE OF SUPER STORY ON THE SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OF YOUTHS A STUDY OF STUDENTS OF AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE» ABSTRACT The study examined the influence of Super Story on the social behaviour of students of Afe Babalola University Ado Ekiti. Use and gratificati...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 19 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» Abstract The research provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the impact of social media in managing. As social media creates a 24/7 world ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 70 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION OF THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN ADVERTISEMENTS: A STUDY OF DELTA SOAP TV ADVERTISEMENT» It has been argued overtime, that advertisements fulfill two basic purposes, which are to inform and to influence. Advertisements are made by using di...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 133 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» Investigative journalism was described in many ways throughout the afternoon: as “uncovering the hidden”; “expensive”; “...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 213 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION