Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 61 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
The student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, existence has continued to move from archaic ways of life to align with modern social media change introduced by technology. This technology popularly known as Information and Communication Technology (ICT) continue to transform every fact of student life and concur to the nation of a great scholar Mcluhan on medium is the messages that influence the students rather it is the capability of social media technology which extend student life through time.
Communication is a basic human need and for that reason student has always found a means of meeting this need. The media which is an umbrella term of various means of communication has become integral part of human life around the world.
The earliest forms of personal media, speech and gestures had the benefit of being easy to use and did not necessarily need complex technology. The popularity of the internet and online communication in the life of the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree has grown exponentially social media (networking) websites enables users to remain connected. The wide spread of social networking websites such as face book, my space, twitter, 2go, whats app. Etc. with million user accessing these websites is raising daily.
Research proves that it is safe to assume that majority of people taking that survey were in fact University, Polytechnic level, College students with no bias towards gender or race.
Basically this project work centers on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, student as Information
Communication Technology, despite it positive gains come with negative consequences with so many networking sites displayed on the internet, most students are tempted to abandon their home work, reading times in preferences for chatting online with their friends.
Many students especially Osun State Polytechnic Iree students are now addicted to the online rave of the movement with facebook, social media before now was used by student in alarming and must be tacked urgently so that social media (networking) will not disparage the future and primary aims of this student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree.
However, this project work will focus on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, how they have benefited positively from these social media (networks).
1.2 Statement of the Study
This project work will examine the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree and to make further suggestion on how the use of social media and networking has positively and negatively affected the student both in their academics and social life.
1.3 Research Question
To what extent has the social media affected the students of Osun
State Polytechnic Iree?
Does social media has any implication on the students of Osun State
Polytechnic Iree academic performance?
How often do students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree have access to
this social media?
To what extent has the social media improves the educational
standard of Osun State Polytechnic Iree?
1.4 Objective of the Study
1. To examine how students could benefit from these social media.
2. To examine critically the implications of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
3. To know the performances and how often student use these social media. These are the objective of this project.
1.5 Significance of the Study
It is hope that the finding of this project work will not only add to the vast knowledge about the impact of social media on the students of Osun
State Polytechnic Iree, it’s also design to highlight the function of the media and more importantly how the social media has impacted the generality of students.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TELEVISION AS AN INSTRUMENT OF EDUCATIONAL ADVANCEMENT IN KOGI STATE (A case study of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja)» Abstract The study examined television as an instrument of Educational Advancement in Kogi State using Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja as a case study....Continue Reading »
52 pages | 434 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Journalism profession in Nigeria encounters a catalogue of problems especially under the military reg...Continue Reading »
38 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The core of the Nigeria’s health policy is the primary health care. This is because it focuses more on health needs of the rural popula...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 117 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT. Almost everyone watches or listens to various forms of media every day, whether this comes in the form of television, radio, print, or movie...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 611 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. RELIGION, POLITICS AND THE REVOLUTIONARY IMPULSE IN AFRICAN-ARABIC DRAMA. A STUDY OF TEWFIQ AL-HAKIM’S THE SULTAN’S DILEMMA AND THE FATE OF A COCK...» ABSTRACT The research entitled, “Religion, Politics and the Revolutionary Impulse in African Arabic Drama. A Study of Tewfiq Al Hakim’s Th...Continue Reading »
136 pages | 136 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. EXPERIMENTAL SCRIPT DEVELOPMENT AND WRITING USING NWAOTAM TRADITION OF EASTERN OBOLO, AKWA IBOM STATE, NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Certification Dedication Acknowledgements Table of contents Abstract CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Stud...Continue Reading »
144 pages | 301 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Mass media has assumed a very important position in the educational development in Nigeria. This accounts for the introdu...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 315 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
8. AN EVALUATION OF LISTENERS RATING OF AKBC RADIO PROGRAMME STUDENT’S PARLIAMENT (A STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Programmes are the product of broadcast stations. It is what they offer to the public or the peop...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 640 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study As a profession that serves the interest of the public. Journalist has degree responsibilities in...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 150 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The study provides the writers perception of effect of political advertising on electorates’ choice of candidate during the 2015 govern...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 137 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION