Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
(A Case Study of Osun State Polytechnic ND II Computer Science Students)
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This study is on The impact Of Radio Musical Proggrammes On Nigerian Youths using
Osun State Polytechnic ND II Computer Science Student Students as a case study.
In his concept of “empathy”, Lerner states that the inhabitants of third world nations must learn to empathize with the West for modern transformation of their societies to be possible. Schramm (1964), on the other hand, developed an interesting model in which he equates the level of social development of communication to various nations. Access to these modern mass media (Radio, Radio, films, telephone, and newspapers) is linked to individual modernity. Nigeria and other third world countries have reacted to these finding by inventing a substantial amount of their foreign exchange earnings to import radio and Radio transmitters and sets. The Radio programmes especially provide many powerful models for children and abundant opportunities for observational learning.
The Radio programmes include:
a. Vulgar Language – behaviours. Etc. that most parents do not want their children to imitate.
Studies have been found by early adolescence that the average Nigerian children have Listen toed thousands of dramatized murders and countless other acts of violence on Radio (www.encarta.com). For many years, psychologists have debated the question of whether Listen to violence on Musical have detrimental effects on children. A number of experiments both inside and outside the laboratory have found evidence that Listening Musical violence is relayed to increased aggression in children.
Nigerians as exemplified by trends in Osun State Metropolis where Radio exports of Radio entertainment, information are shown in NTA Osun State, ESBS Radio, Minaj Channel, Cartoon Network, ESPN –“Expanded Sports programmes Network” channel provided by various satellite transmission operators as DSMUSICAL, Multi – Choice, Music Radio, Euro – sports, etc. Have raised Nigerians eyebrows to such Radio Musical Proggrammes. Thereby, making them to behave like them, associate with them and even speaks like them. Even our generation that is shown on NTA Osun State and the youth perspective on ESBS are presented by youth and replete with music video of Radio origin dominated by rape stars as (Late) Tupac, Beyonce, Ashanti, 50-Cent, Sean Paul, Kelly Rowland, Celine Dion, etc. It is the researcher’s believe that Radio Radio especially American Radio exports have a strategic “weapon” aimed to over power Nigerian youths.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
The impact of Radio Musical Proggrammes on Nigerian youths have been said to be a serious problem facing Nigerians. Some of these problems are:
1. Inadequate policy to guard the youths towards Radio Radio musical programmes.
2. There is an erosion of the cultural values.
3. The imitation of Radio musical cultures especially the American cultures.
4. The Nigerian youths are faced with brain wash.
Therefore, if the above problems are not been taking care off, it will lead to a total destruction of the Nigerians culture.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The researcher’s objective is to conduct an in-depth research on the impact of Radio Musical Proggrammes on the Nigerian youths with an insight to determine its implication to Nigerian youths are:
1. To show how the contents of Radio musical programme affects Nigerian Polytechnic students.
2. To examines its pervasive impact on Nigerian Polytechnic student.
3. To know how if or not to isolate Radio Musical Proggrammes from Nigeria students.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. The research will help in possible dilution, domination and finally absorption of the African/Nigerian culture which until the present has been characterized with good neighbourliness, respect for elders, virtuousness, community orientation and collectivism.
2. It will enable the government and policy makers to put adequate measures in place to check the management of Radio Musical Proggrammes into Nigeria.
3. It will help remove the idea of imitating Radio cultures or ways of life from Nigeria.
4. The conduct of this research will enable the government to know what role the media can play in the development of a country and therefore, harness the mass media especially Musical in the democratic process and development process in general.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research questions are arranged questions meant to be asked by the researcher and receives a feedback (answer) from a respondent. For a researcher to achieve her aim, the following question should be used.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFLUENCE OF PACKAGING ON CONSUMER CHOICE OF BEAUTY PRODUCTS: A STUDY OF MARYKAY, SLEEK AND BLACK OPAL COSMETICS» Abstract The struggle for supremacy in brand positioning using packaging has introduced various approaches to designing a package for a product. The a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work was done to final out the assessment of the mass media’s role in the campaign against drug abuse, because drug abuse has beco...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In every societies we find ourselves, the need for the rules to reach out improve the standard of...Continue Reading »
4. TELEVISION AS AN INSTRUMENT OF EDUCATIONAL ADVANCEMENT IN KOGI STATE (A case study of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja)» Abstract The study examined television as an instrument of Educational Advancement in Kogi State using Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja as a case study....Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF BILLBOARD ADVERTISING ON PRODUCT PROMOTION, (A STUDY OF 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY PRODUCTS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study: Advertising is one of the tools used for persuasive communication to target audience. Advertisin...Continue Reading »
6. USE OF THE INTERNET FOR POLITICAL COMMUNICATION IN ABUJA MUNICIPAL AREA AND SHENDAM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA: CASE OF NIGERIA 2011 GENERAL ELECTIONS» ABSTRACT The study is on use of the internet for political communication in Abuja municipal area of Abuja federal capital territory and Shendam local ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT To discover and appreciate the hazard (i.e. problem) and prospect of journalism in Nigeria there is the need to know the history of journalis...Continue Reading »
8. ROLE OF KADUNA STATE MEDIA CORPORATION (KSMC) IN THE DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF TOURISM ATTRACTIONS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Tourism is viewed as a science of attraction, transportation, accommodation, catering for visitors ...Continue Reading »
9. THE INFLUENCE OF BROADCAST MEDIA CAMPAIGNSS ON VESICO VAGINA FISTULA PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study evaluates the broadcast media campaigns of vesico vagina fistula on the knowledge, attitude and practice of south eastern Nigerian...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY New technological inventions can have a great impact in organizations through its contributions t...Continue Reading »