Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
(A Case Study of Osun State Polytechnic ND II Computer Science Students)
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This study is on The impact Of Radio Musical Proggrammes On Nigerian Youths using
Osun State Polytechnic ND II Computer Science Student Students as a case study.
In his concept of “empathy”, Lerner states that the inhabitants of third world nations must learn to empathize with the West for modern transformation of their societies to be possible. Schramm (1964), on the other hand, developed an interesting model in which he equates the level of social development of communication to various nations. Access to these modern mass media (Radio, Radio, films, telephone, and newspapers) is linked to individual modernity. Nigeria and other third world countries have reacted to these finding by inventing a substantial amount of their foreign exchange earnings to import radio and Radio transmitters and sets. The Radio programmes especially provide many powerful models for children and abundant opportunities for observational learning.
The Radio programmes include:
a. Vulgar Language – behaviours. Etc. that most parents do not want their children to imitate.
Studies have been found by early adolescence that the average Nigerian children have Listen toed thousands of dramatized murders and countless other acts of violence on Radio (www.encarta.com). For many years, psychologists have debated the question of whether Listen to violence on Musical have detrimental effects on children. A number of experiments both inside and outside the laboratory have found evidence that Listening Musical violence is relayed to increased aggression in children.
Nigerians as exemplified by trends in Osun State Metropolis where Radio exports of Radio entertainment, information are shown in NTA Osun State, ESBS Radio, Minaj Channel, Cartoon Network, ESPN –“Expanded Sports programmes Network” channel provided by various satellite transmission operators as DSMUSICAL, Multi – Choice, Music Radio, Euro – sports, etc. Have raised Nigerians eyebrows to such Radio Musical Proggrammes. Thereby, making them to behave like them, associate with them and even speaks like them. Even our generation that is shown on NTA Osun State and the youth perspective on ESBS are presented by youth and replete with music video of Radio origin dominated by rape stars as (Late) Tupac, Beyonce, Ashanti, 50-Cent, Sean Paul, Kelly Rowland, Celine Dion, etc. It is the researcher’s believe that Radio Radio especially American Radio exports have a strategic “weapon” aimed to over power Nigerian youths.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
The impact of Radio Musical Proggrammes on Nigerian youths have been said to be a serious problem facing Nigerians. Some of these problems are:
1. Inadequate policy to guard the youths towards Radio Radio musical programmes.
2. There is an erosion of the cultural values.
3. The imitation of Radio musical cultures especially the American cultures.
4. The Nigerian youths are faced with brain wash.
Therefore, if the above problems are not been taking care off, it will lead to a total destruction of the Nigerians culture.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The researcher’s objective is to conduct an in-depth research on the impact of Radio Musical Proggrammes on the Nigerian youths with an insight to determine its implication to Nigerian youths are:
1. To show how the contents of Radio musical programme affects Nigerian Polytechnic students.
2. To examines its pervasive impact on Nigerian Polytechnic student.
3. To know how if or not to isolate Radio Musical Proggrammes from Nigeria students.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. The research will help in possible dilution, domination and finally absorption of the African/Nigerian culture which until the present has been characterized with good neighbourliness, respect for elders, virtuousness, community orientation and collectivism.
2. It will enable the government and policy makers to put adequate measures in place to check the management of Radio Musical Proggrammes into Nigeria.
3. It will help remove the idea of imitating Radio cultures or ways of life from Nigeria.
4. The conduct of this research will enable the government to know what role the media can play in the development of a country and therefore, harness the mass media especially Musical in the democratic process and development process in general.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research questions are arranged questions meant to be asked by the researcher and receives a feedback (answer) from a respondent. For a researcher to achieve her aim, the following question should be used.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF EFFECTIVENESS OF EDUCATIONAL RADIO BROADCASTING FOR ADULT LITERACY IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Education has been identified as one of the most important ways to achieve national development. With three million non literate adults in La...Continue Reading »
174 pages | 194 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The Critical Discourse Analysis of selected editorial cartoons aims at revealing the intended meaning hidden in the discourse used in editori...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 157 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigerian movies, popularly referred to as Nollywood movies, produced by the Nigerian film industr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 156 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. THE EFFECTS AND CONSEQUENCES OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON MUSIC ARTISTS, MUSIC CONSUMPTION AND ITS IMPACT ON THE NIGERIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The activities of social media have increased overtime with the advancement in the level of techn...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 183 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. USE OF THE INTERNET FOR POLITICAL COMMUNICATION IN ABUJA MUNICIPAL AREA AND SHENDAM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA: CASE OF NIGERIA 2011 GENERAL ELECTIONS» ABSTRACT The study is on use of the internet for political communication in Abuja municipal area of Abuja federal capital territory and Shendam local ...Continue Reading »
171 pages | 144 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION OF FEMALE MODELS IN ADVERTISING MESSAGE (A STUDY OF “ALWAYS ULTRA”COMMERCIALS) IN ENUGU METROPOLIS» Abstract This research work is aimed at analyzing Audience perception of female models in advertising message (a study of always ultra commercials). T...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 548 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study ―Conflict sensitive Reporting in Northern Nigeria: A study of Select Newspaper Reportage‖ was carried out to discover how some...Continue Reading »
189 pages | 184 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
8. SOCIAL REVOLT IN WOLE SOYINKA’S THE JERO PLAYS AND UWEMEDIMO ATAKPO’S KEN SARO WIWA -N- THE NIGER DELTA TRIALS» ABSTRACT The research effort was a study of the use of literary drama as a medium of social revolution and re awakening using Wole Soyinka’s The Jer...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 201 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. THE MASS MEDIA AND POLITICAL AWARENESS IN EKET LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (A STUDY OF AKBC RADIO PROGRAMME “POLITICS AND YOU”)» ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 159 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
10. IMPACT OF GULDER ADVERTISEMENT ON THE SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OF STUDENT’S OF ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Nigeria marketing environment today is one of aggressive and unfriendly competition among bot...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 420 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION