Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 39 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Journalism practice wields such enormous powers and call for the highest standards of ethics and commitment to truth. Ethics and truth in journalism have assumed global concern as scholars that their basics constituents of objectivity, accuracy, fairness and balance have merely assumed mythical qualities as journalist battle to assign credibility to their news stories.
According to Tuchman in 1978:2, describes objectivity as facility (a mechanism which allow the journalist to hide even from themselves the constructed and partial nature of their stories). This views seems to have garnered force as increasingly scholars suggest that news when professionally selected is guided more by oganisation needs than by professionalism. The journalist thus become s a walking paradox (Nordenstreng 1995),as one can not fail to see that journalism is so full of contradiction.
That we have to question even the most fundamental dogma of the profession truth seeking because the way it as been conceived and practiced in journalism serve as a deceptive filtering device preventing as much as helping the truth been discovered. (Nordenstreng in 1995:117) news commercialization practice in Nigeria media industries adds to this contradiction and deception, creating a continuous dilemma for ethics and objectivity in journalism practice in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1. In order to know if commercialization of news violate the ethics and conduct of journalist.
2. To know how commercialization of news has affected information flow tremendously.
3. Just to know how the commercialization of news makes it susceptible to abuse by interest groups who can pay their way ito the media. So as to project an idea they want people to accept whether it is positive or not.
4. Lets know if commercialization of news should be performed in every media.
5. To know that news commercialization can leads to news distortion.
6. In order to examine the possible future of commercial news.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To know the extent of how the commercial news is affecting ethics of journalism.
2. In order to know the side effect of commercial news in the ethics of journalism.
3. It makes us to know the possible future of commercial news.
4. To know the benefit of abiding the ethics.
5. In order to know the ethical implication of news commercialization.
1.4 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Does commercial have any importance in the field of journalism?
2. To what extent does commercial news influence or affect objectivity?
3. Of what importance is commercial news to the media station?
4. To what extent don journalist adhere to the media ethics?
5. To what extent does commercial news affects ethics of journalism?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significant of this work is to contribute to the existing knowledge and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PRESS COVERAGE OF THE PASSAGE OF NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE ACT IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF VANGUARD AND THISDAY NEWSPAPER)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) recognizes Nigeria as one i...Continue Reading »
2. INFLUENCE OF BIG BROTHER AFRICA TELEVISION REALITY SHOW ON YOUTHS: A STUDY OF AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of Study Since the beginning of the 21st century, reality TV has begun to monopolize both cable and broadcast p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the utilization of “Noma Tushen Arziki” PRTVC radio programme among farmers in Barkin Ladi ...Continue Reading »
4. RADIO AND PROMOTION OF CULTURE IN NIGERIA: (A STUDY OF “TUNA BAYA SHINE ROKO”, A PROGRAMME IN FRCN, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the study It is universally accepted that, radio is one of the most ubiquitous, the most effective and chea...Continue Reading »
5. PRESS COVERAGE OF THE BOKO HARAM INSURGENCY AND ITS IMPLICATIONS FOR CONFLICT-SENSITIVE JOURNALISM IN NIGERIA (2013/2014)» ABSTRACT This study analyses the coverage of the Boko Haram insurgency by DailyTrust, Leadership, Vanguard and Punch newspapers and examines its impli...Continue Reading »
6. THE MASS MEDIA AND POLITICAL AWARENESS IN EKET LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (A STUDY OF AKBC RADIO PROGRAMME “POLITICS AND YOU”)» ...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF BROADCAST MEDIA CAMPAIGN AGAINST BREAST CANCER: A STUDY OF WOMEN IN ENUGU SOUTH LGA» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of broadcast media campaign against Breast Cancer among women in Enugu metropolis. What triggered a research i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria, there are three main types of media ownership namely, Government ownership, Private o...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF ADVERTISEMENT IN NEWSPAPER PATRONAGE (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER LTD., IBADAN).» ABSTRACT The project is titled “The Role of Advertisement in Newspaper Patronage: A case study of Nigerian Tribune Newspaper; a stable of Africa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work is on the survey on the impact of advertising on select hotels profitability in Eket Urban. Among the objectives of this s...Continue Reading »