Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 39 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Journalism practice wields such enormous powers and call for the highest standards of ethics and commitment to truth. Ethics and truth in journalism have assumed global concern as scholars that their basics constituents of objectivity, accuracy, fairness and balance have merely assumed mythical qualities as journalist battle to assign credibility to their news stories.
According to Tuchman in 1978:2, describes objectivity as facility (a mechanism which allow the journalist to hide even from themselves the constructed and partial nature of their stories). This views seems to have garnered force as increasingly scholars suggest that news when professionally selected is guided more by oganisation needs than by professionalism. The journalist thus become s a walking paradox (Nordenstreng 1995),as one can not fail to see that journalism is so full of contradiction.
That we have to question even the most fundamental dogma of the profession truth seeking because the way it as been conceived and practiced in journalism serve as a deceptive filtering device preventing as much as helping the truth been discovered. (Nordenstreng in 1995:117) news commercialization practice in Nigeria media industries adds to this contradiction and deception, creating a continuous dilemma for ethics and objectivity in journalism practice in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1. In order to know if commercialization of news violate the ethics and conduct of journalist.
2. To know how commercialization of news has affected information flow tremendously.
3. Just to know how the commercialization of news makes it susceptible to abuse by interest groups who can pay their way ito the media. So as to project an idea they want people to accept whether it is positive or not.
4. Lets know if commercialization of news should be performed in every media.
5. To know that news commercialization can leads to news distortion.
6. In order to examine the possible future of commercial news.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To know the extent of how the commercial news is affecting ethics of journalism.
2. In order to know the side effect of commercial news in the ethics of journalism.
3. It makes us to know the possible future of commercial news.
4. To know the benefit of abiding the ethics.
5. In order to know the ethical implication of news commercialization.
1.4 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Does commercial have any importance in the field of journalism?
2. To what extent does commercial news influence or affect objectivity?
3. Of what importance is commercial news to the media station?
4. To what extent don journalist adhere to the media ethics?
5. To what extent does commercial news affects ethics of journalism?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significant of this work is to contribute to the existing knowledge and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFLUENCE OF ADVERTISEMENT ON CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR (A STUDY OF ABIA STATE TELEVISION COMMERCIAL OF MILO BEVERAGE, ON ISIAMA AFARA COMMUNITY IN UMUAHIA N...» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle Page … … .. .. … .. .. … .. … .. .. iDeclaration… … .. .. … .. .. … .. … .. .. iiCertification Page… … ....Continue Reading »
2. USES AND GRATIFICATIONS OF SOCIAL MEDIA AMONG MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENTS OF AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY ZARIA AND UNIVERSITY OF JOS» ABSTRACT This study investigates the uses and gratifications of social media among mass communication students of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and Un...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLES OF RADIO AND INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION IN THE ERADICATION OF GUINEA WORM IN NKALAGU COMMUNITY» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page ................................................................... ii Approval page .......................................Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The role of the press in communicating development messages cannot be over emphasised. The way and manner these messages are ‘framed&rs...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe title of this project is communication as a tool for enhancing organizational performance. The aim of this study was to investigate the co...Continue Reading »
6. RELIGION, POLITICS AND THE REVOLUTIONARY IMPULSE IN AFRICAN-ARABIC DRAMA. A STUDY OF TEWFIQ AL-HAKIM’S THE SULTAN’S DILEMMA AND THE FATE OF A COCK...» ABSTRACT The research entitled, “Religion, Politics and the Revolutionary Impulse in African Arabic Drama. A Study of Tewfiq Al Hakim’s Th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work examined the role of the new media on newspaper readership among residents of Kaduna metropolis. The basic objective of th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated Lagos residents’ perception of the image of Nigerian journalists. To achieve this, the study focused on three objec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Watching movies has become a common phenomenon among adolescents due to the technological advancement of media tools which are easily accessi...Continue Reading »
10. COMMUNICATION: THE KEY IN EFFECTIVE PUBLIC RELATION (A Case study of DAAR Communication Limited) (AIT/RAY POWER)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Nolte (1974), one of the legendary public relation consultant and other said, “That are two requirements for success in...Continue Reading »