Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 39 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Journalism practice wields such enormous powers and call for the highest standards of ethics and commitment to truth. Ethics and truth in journalism have assumed global concern as scholars that their basics constituents of objectivity, accuracy, fairness and balance have merely assumed mythical qualities as journalist battle to assign credibility to their news stories.
According to Tuchman in 1978:2, describes objectivity as facility (a mechanism which allow the journalist to hide even from themselves the constructed and partial nature of their stories). This views seems to have garnered force as increasingly scholars suggest that news when professionally selected is guided more by oganisation needs than by professionalism. The journalist thus become s a walking paradox (Nordenstreng 1995),as one can not fail to see that journalism is so full of contradiction.
That we have to question even the most fundamental dogma of the profession truth seeking because the way it as been conceived and practiced in journalism serve as a deceptive filtering device preventing as much as helping the truth been discovered. (Nordenstreng in 1995:117) news commercialization practice in Nigeria media industries adds to this contradiction and deception, creating a continuous dilemma for ethics and objectivity in journalism practice in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1. In order to know if commercialization of news violate the ethics and conduct of journalist.
2. To know how commercialization of news has affected information flow tremendously.
3. Just to know how the commercialization of news makes it susceptible to abuse by interest groups who can pay their way ito the media. So as to project an idea they want people to accept whether it is positive or not.
4. Lets know if commercialization of news should be performed in every media.
5. To know that news commercialization can leads to news distortion.
6. In order to examine the possible future of commercial news.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To know the extent of how the commercial news is affecting ethics of journalism.
2. In order to know the side effect of commercial news in the ethics of journalism.
3. It makes us to know the possible future of commercial news.
4. To know the benefit of abiding the ethics.
5. In order to know the ethical implication of news commercialization.
1.4 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Does commercial have any importance in the field of journalism?
2. To what extent does commercial news influence or affect objectivity?
3. Of what importance is commercial news to the media station?
4. To what extent don journalist adhere to the media ethics?
5. To what extent does commercial news affects ethics of journalism?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significant of this work is to contribute to the existing knowledge and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Organizational In-House Policy and Journalists’ Professional Duties. A Study of Radio Nigeria Network Centre, Jos, Plateau State.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Every media organization, irrespective of the type and pattern of ownership has an editorial poli...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY New technological inventions can have a great impact in organizations through its contributions t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTHER ONE Introduction What are the effects of foreign produced entertainment programs on the knowledge, beliefs, attitudes, behaviors, values and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTON 1.1 Background of the study There is no limit to the study of media and society. Media and society as a subject covers a wide ...Continue Reading »
5. COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR ENHANCING ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, 9TH MILE ENUGU)» Table of contentsTitle Page iApproval Page iiCertification iiiDedication ivAcknowledgments vTable of Contents viList of Tables ixAbstract xCHAPTER ONE...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The core objective of this research was to examine the influence of online news on the traditional newspaper patronage among University of Ib...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF PHONE-IN PROGRAMMES IN SENSITIZING THE ELECTORATE, A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The need to introduce the effect programmes in sensitizing the electorate as necessitude the writ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine the perceived impact of print media as indices of sports development in Nigeria using The Sun N...Continue Reading »
9. A COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT OF AKBC AND PLANET RADIO STATIONS OPERATIONS DURING THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 Introduction Radio as a medium of mass communication has acceptance across the difference social strata in the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Despite the complexities that surround the concept of corruption globally in terms of its...Continue Reading »