Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 39 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Journalism practice wields such enormous powers and call for the highest standards of ethics and commitment to truth. Ethics and truth in journalism have assumed global concern as scholars that their basics constituents of objectivity, accuracy, fairness and balance have merely assumed mythical qualities as journalist battle to assign credibility to their news stories.
According to Tuchman in 1978:2, describes objectivity as facility (a mechanism which allow the journalist to hide even from themselves the constructed and partial nature of their stories). This views seems to have garnered force as increasingly scholars suggest that news when professionally selected is guided more by oganisation needs than by professionalism. The journalist thus become s a walking paradox (Nordenstreng 1995),as one can not fail to see that journalism is so full of contradiction.
That we have to question even the most fundamental dogma of the profession truth seeking because the way it as been conceived and practiced in journalism serve as a deceptive filtering device preventing as much as helping the truth been discovered. (Nordenstreng in 1995:117) news commercialization practice in Nigeria media industries adds to this contradiction and deception, creating a continuous dilemma for ethics and objectivity in journalism practice in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1. In order to know if commercialization of news violate the ethics and conduct of journalist.
2. To know how commercialization of news has affected information flow tremendously.
3. Just to know how the commercialization of news makes it susceptible to abuse by interest groups who can pay their way ito the media. So as to project an idea they want people to accept whether it is positive or not.
4. Lets know if commercialization of news should be performed in every media.
5. To know that news commercialization can leads to news distortion.
6. In order to examine the possible future of commercial news.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To know the extent of how the commercial news is affecting ethics of journalism.
2. In order to know the side effect of commercial news in the ethics of journalism.
3. It makes us to know the possible future of commercial news.
4. To know the benefit of abiding the ethics.
5. In order to know the ethical implication of news commercialization.
1.4 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Does commercial have any importance in the field of journalism?
2. To what extent does commercial news influence or affect objectivity?
3. Of what importance is commercial news to the media station?
4. To what extent don journalist adhere to the media ethics?
5. To what extent does commercial news affects ethics of journalism?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significant of this work is to contribute to the existing knowledge and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE INFLUENCE OF MEDIA CAMPAIGN IN THE ERADICATION OF FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION PRACTICE IN SELECTED COMMUNITIES OF SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA» Abstract The use of mass media to crusade and mobilize support against certain crude and inhuman cultural practices has remained an essential focus on...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Communication has been regarded as the life hood of human existence. Human being communicate on a...Continue Reading »
3. PATTERN OF LISTENERSHIP OF QUEST FM RADIO ENLIGHTENMENT PROGRAMMES ON RURAL WOMEN OF DELTA STATE,NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »
» (A CASE STUDY OF AFRICA INDEPENDENT TELEVISION (AIT) LAGOS) ABSTRACT This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study on mass media in the promotion of government policies in Nigeria was conducted to determine the contributions of mass media resear...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe study is a critical examination of the role of mass media in Traditional media of communication as tools for effective rural development. ...Continue Reading »
7. PRESS COVERAGE OF POLITICAL PARTIES IN THE 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF DAILYTRUST AND VANGUARD NEWSPAPERS.» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to assess how newspapers covered political parties in the 2015 presidential election in Nigeria, by comparing the qu...Continue Reading »
» The impact of radio and television campaign on cultism in Nigerian cannot be undermined. Instead, it has gotten enough recognition in our society and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Communication is a variety of behaviours, processes and technologies by which meaning is transmit...Continue Reading »
10. PRINT MEDIA COVERAGE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT IN AKWA IBOM STATE: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE PUNCH AND PIONEER NEWSPAPER» ABSTRACT The study was undertaken on print media coverage on rural development project in Akwa Ibom State was conceived by the author. The study which...Continue Reading »