Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Newsroom yesterday and today are far flung different. What it is yesterday was of Traditional method and today it spins around communication technology. It is on this premise, this study is out to find, if communication technology has actually brought about any significant change towards improving work efficiency of African Independent Television (AIT) Staff compared to what it is like before the use of communication technology in Newsroom.
Therefore, News room is seen as a floor where day to day activities of journalist takes place. It is always buzzing with shouts of we are behind programme schedule time, Reporters and Camera men trying to tie loose ends of news materials to beat deadlines.
Furthermore, Newsroom before the age of communication technologies operates mainly on analogue form, a model where journalists make use of the shots from Camera to script news items and bulletin schedules were done manually, etc.
Also, in today’s communication technological driven age, computers are seen in newsroom, teleprompters are used, journalist have access to cable television Channels, internet facilities and social media engines to monitor happenings in and around their environment. Beats reporters can communicate live via mobile telephones to newsroom staff for immediate update of news materials.
Moreso, newsroom today spins around multifaceted communication technological gadgets. But the role these gadgets play will help us to understand if it improves work efficiency of staff especially in African Independence Television, (AIT).
African Independence Television as a media outfit, in brief came to existence due to the clamour for private broadcast media in Nigeria. African Independent Television was born in 1992 when the Nigerian Government promulgated Decree No. 38, which deregulated the ownership of the electronic media in the country allowing the participation of private people to own and operate license for media outfit.
Sequel to this, Chief Raymond Dopkesi, owner of Daar Communication after obtaining license to operate private broadcast media started full blown operation in 1994.
However, according to Dopkesi vision statement for Africa Independent Television (AIT) 1993 speech paper, he said, AIT has a unique mission which is, that of sharing the Africa experience with the wider global communities.He went further, to say that this vision statement cannot be achieved except through vigorous upgrade and deployment of communication technological gadgets.
Therefore, it is pertinent to note that this study is out to find out, what role communication technology has played in newsroom to improving efficiency of African Independent Television (AIT) Staff in recent times. From the aforementioned since the mission statement of AIT, is anchored on the objective of
sharing the unique African experience with the World which is to enhance global understanding through an untainted appreciation of African and its people.
AIT, therefore, is motivated by unique altruistic aim to promote a methodically reduction of tension and friction and foster a greater appreciation of humanity, it is committed to the bridging the gap in global communication perspectives which places Africa at the ruthless mercy of Western perception untainted, undiluted and absolutely original.Therefore, African Independent Television intends to offer the world a new insight into the African experience.
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
Here, effort is made to understand so far, the role of communication technology in newsroom had played or playing to improving work efficiency of AIT staff towards achieving or attaining the mission statement “Share the African experience in general.According to Terngu and Tennenge (2007,P. 27) revealed magic of communication technology tools, stating that they cover a bewildering array of inter connected forms of electromagnetic technologies, such as microelectronic optic fiber, satellite video discs, telex, and data storage mechanism all for journalist usage in newsroom.
The question therefore, is whether these communication technological gadgets have aided in improving staff efficiency in newsroom. To establish the role communication technology in AIT newsroom is playing and to what extent has it improved work efficiency of the staff.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
However, the objectives of the study were as follows:
1. To find out if the staff of AIT ABUJA have access to computer gadgets.
2. To find out if the staff of AIT are computer literate.
3. To determine the challenges associated with the application of computer technology.
4. To determine if communication technology in AIT Newsroom have improved work efficiency of staff.
1.4 Research Question
1. Do the staff of AIT ABUJA have access to computer gadgets?
2. Do the staff of AIT ABUJA have the required knowledge and skills in using computer gadgets?
3. What are the factors militating against the application of computer technology in AIT ABUJA Newsroom.
4. How have Newsroom Communication Technology improve work efficiency of AIT ABUJA.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is rare these days to see adverts broadcast on television without women playing prominent and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The invention of electronic devices such as modern communication hard wares, internet service and...Continue Reading »
3. THE COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF OSUN STATE BRAODCASTING CORPORATION, OSBC OSOGBO AND GOLD FM ILESA PROGRAMMES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION This chapter introduces the subject matter of this project work, it deal with the purpose and the scope of study literature a...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The research examines the effects of news commercialization on the contents of private media” with a case study of AIT and Channels Tel...Continue Reading »
5. THE POLICE AND THE USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN PROPERTY CRIME DETECTION AND CONTROL» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of Inon and Communication Technology (ICT) in detection and control of property crimes. One of the basic funct...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The main aim of this project is to discuss about the impact of the internet on journalism to the citizenry, is also going to ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Characterization or characterisation is the representation of persons (or other beings or creatures) in narrative and dramatic works of art. ...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF AFRICAN TRADITIONAL FORMS OF COMMUNICATION IN MARRIAGE AMONG THE JUKUNS IN SOUTHERN TARABA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT In Assessing the African Traditional Forms of Communication in Marriage among the Jukuns in Southern Taraba State, as a result of scanty lite...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT. Almost everyone watches or listens to various forms of media every day, whether this comes in the form of television, radio, print, or movie...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the Study As a profession that serves the interest of the public, journalists have vast responsibilities ev...Continue Reading »