Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study was undertaken on print media coverage on rural development project in Akwa Ibom State was conceived by the author. The study which was content analytical by design had a sample size of 204 issues and edition obtained from punch and pioneer newspapers. Study’s findings revealed that development projects in terms of health, rural development which are necessary to the masses were not focused upon. To add again rural areas were not promptly paid attention. Consequently, there was unbalance report. Based on this the study recommended that the newspaper should cover basis development projects such as health and rural development. Then, rural areas should be focused and unbalance report should be avoided
1.1 Background to the story
Rural development project has been the issue of serious concern to the government and people of Nigeria. This because virtually all rural need development. Consequently government always in it budget plight of rural drivellers. Rural development has always preoccupied official serving politician. This is because the grass root could be conceived as important people for the effective demoralization process. As the watch dog of the society, the print media draws government attention rural issues mostly. What could be teamed to be development aspect of rural areas.
The media could be said to have also been seriously involved in the process of coverage of rural development projects in Akwa Ibom state. Newspaper have not been left out of the scene because of their nature interims of channel of communication, the newspaper have maintained very cordial relationship with both the government, the masses as regard rural development issues.
Starting from ancient time, the print media have proliferated popular all over the world. The have also remained popular channel of mass communication in spit of the phenomenal development of the electronic in the modern world. In their discussion of the advantage of the print media Merrill and lower stain (1999-4) state that.
Innate advantage over
Radio and television
There advantage occurs
Despite the overwhelming
Popularity of the electronic
Media and their ability to
To attack the mass
Audience the outstanding
Advantage of the media
It could be said the words written on a paper could be turned to a document to print has uniqueness of educating it reader by exposing them different concepts.
Despite their vaunted objectivity and self- acclaimed commitment to fairness, it can be argued that the Nigerian mass media has over the years solely neglected the Nigeria mass media was continues to be despite some progress, strictly urban. The media reports and writers from the stand point of an urban drivellers word. The ills of the rural areas, difficulties of life there, their burning sense of governance are seldom seriously conveyed.
Arguably, most media house in the country to day believe the that since they are situated in the urban areas, their primary task is to satisfy their urban collogues, who after all are mostly those who attend to the media and of course adventure in the papers and magazine or buy up available time air time to slot in their commercials. Perhaps, they are right to adopt this stance of concentrating on the urban areas even if the journalist is socialist at heart. It is easy to see therefore that, most important structural point here concerns the way in which the news media has defined who they are specifically, who reports the news. Journalism in Nigeria has for long been under the control of urban minds and it can be maintained that most of our news room have not yet had reporters who can and are willing to bring the perspectives, values and moves needed to broaden coverage.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Reportage of urban development project in Akwa Ibom states has not really been focused by the press. In addition the press concentrates on urban development. Consequently, the research on rural development has not really been focused by print researchers. Having therefore discovered of rural development is so limited this study there intends to suggest measure which could enhance press coverage of rural development project in Akwa Ibom states.
1.3OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study were to:
1. Find out the quality of reportage given to certain specific media coverage of rural development project in Akwa Ibom state by punch and pioneer newspapers.
2. Determine the frequency of coverage given to some certain specific rural development project in Akwa Ibom state by punch and pioneer newspaper.
3. Determine the methods this newspaper used in gathering information on rural development projects projects in Akwa Ibom state.
4. Find out the level of prominence given to coverage of rural development projects in Akwa Ibom state by punch and pioneer newspapers.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the quality of reportage given to certain specific media coverage of rural development projects in akwa ibom state by punch and pioneer newspapers.
2. What is the frequency of coverage given some certain specific rural development projects in akwa ibom state by punch and pioneer newspapers.
3. What are the method newspapers used in gathering information on rural development projects in akwa ibom state.
4. what is the level of prominence given to coverage of rural development projects in akwa ibom state by punch and pioneer newspaper.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study boundary is akwa ibom state on print media coverage of rural development project were punch and pioneer newspapers. Therefore, the beneficiaries of the study are point carpets students in mass communication of uyo city polytechnic and other researchers.
1.6 DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study boundary is Akwa Ibom state on print media coverage of rural development projects were punch and pioneer newspapers will be compared.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The researcher was constraint by unavailable factors which were: lack of time, look of finance lack of reference materials.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
The industry associated with the printing and distribution of news through newspapers.`
It is referred as the act of coverage on ente inorder to report it on radio, television or in the press.
RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROFECTS
They term refers to development of infrastructures such as housing, roads, and other related matters in a rural set up.
A process where two objects, events, persons or two entities are examined and at the same similarities and differences are spotted out of them.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Consumers are usually exposed to hundreds and maybe even thousands of commercial messages every d...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT OWNERSHIP ON MEDIA OBJECTIVITY ( A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In this part of the world,media ownership first began with the activities of colonial missionarie...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MEDIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The attitude of people towards promotion differs. Some people are of the opinion that promotional act...Continue Reading »
4. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) AS A CONFLICT MANAGEMENT STRATEGY IN SELECTED OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITIES IN DELTA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) involves giving back to the community where a business organisation operates. CSR is not supposed to be...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECTS OF ADVERTISING ON COMPANY’S PROFITABILITY [A CASE STUDY OF YINKA OBA FOAM AND PAINTS ILESHA]» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY It is mandatory to know the effects of advertising on company’s profitability and to introduce adve...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe problem of this research work deals mainly on how billboard advertising can develop the print media. We know advertising revenue is one of...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE GIFT AND PROGRESS FM STATIONS PLAYS IN THE RURAL DEVELOPMENT OF KARIM LAMIDO AND ASIN EKITI COMMUNITY IN TARABA AND EKITI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The mass media perform a number of functions in every society. In performing its functions they d...Continue Reading »
8. COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR ENHANCING ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, 9TH MILE ENUGU)» Table of contentsTitle Page iApproval Page iiCertification iiiDedication ivAcknowledgments vTable of Contents viList of Tables ixAbstract xCHAPTER ONE...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The most important change that has taken place in the sport industry is the significant role the ...Continue Reading »
10. AN EVALUATION OF LISTENERS RATING OF AKBC RADIO PROGRAMME STUDENT’S PARLIAMENT (A STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Programmes are the product of broadcast stations. It is what they offer to the public or the peop...Continue Reading »