Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
(A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING SERVICE)
The various literature studies intended to the mass media role in the national development and this clear in the area of political leadership. In this study, the researcher decided to draw home the Tourism that without a national political consciousness and viable political participation resulting in good leadership, there could be no genuine national development.
The mass media is the fourth estate of government had been assigned the various responsibilities in the society including the watch role, the educator and entertainer of the various segments of the people. The role of the mass media as an instrument of economy development in the modern of more or less formalized institutions that deals with communication of al types. Normally, this required a considerable capitals as the case with the radio, television and publishing houses. Necessarily, they have to carter for the mass audience. For this reason, those who control the mass media usually suggest that they have the ability and capacity to manipulate and mobilize the people during the transition era. The alternation of primary social relationship under the impact of industrialization has left the population and social lacking in sense of group identity and social control. The Nigeria democratic system having been bastardized and destroyed by certain disgruntled elements, look into the mass media as the way out to correct the abnormally and injustice the Nigeria
democratic dispensation. This work tried to identify the functions, problems and prospects
of the mass media of communication and equally highlights their ability to carry out this
enormous responsibility to an enviable height in the mobilization of the people towards a
viable and sustaining democratic polity. The work highlights the impacts of the mass media
in informing educating and entertaining the masses towards polity. It is hoped that the
findings and recommendations suggested in this work would have a lean way an ending and
lasting political culture.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This research touches on the various aspect of the radio programmes as instruments of economy development. In other words, it explores into the radio programmes as a mobilization agency during the political transition period.
It is thus, an important assumption of the work that a systematic study of economy development by radio programmes, should include an examination and the nature of operation of the mass media of communication in the Osun state broadcasting service (OSBC) Osun.
The mass media generally referred to both the print(s) and electronic media as supported in section 22 of the 1989 constitution of Nigeria.
The press, radio, television and other agencies of the mass media should at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives and highlights the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.
The role of the radio programmes according to General Abacha in his maiden independence
broadcast on the 1st October 1995 was to unform, educate and entertain the citizen.
Onyishi (1996) while highlighting on the role of the radio programmes in democracy notes that the press not only sustains the democracy principles but also end with transaction period. The media should help an ushering in democracy they should play a crucial role in nurturing and sustaining the success or failure of our practice of democratic government. To
large extent, their success depends on how well the radio programmes carries out their function as the mid wife of democracy.
This research therefore is intended to investigate how far the radio programme had fulfilled this allowed obligation. It is hoped that the result of the work will be useful to media practitioners in the proper performance of their duties.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEMS:
In democracies, the mass media are the watch dog of the people. The citizen are usually mobilized and unformed to created awareness on the political culture.
By political culture, I refer to a system of politic in which sovereignty is vested on the people rather than a small clique, or an oligarchy, a political arrangement that places emphasis on the accountability of polity where the rule of law, majority rule and constitutionalism is the basic guiding principle.
Perhaps, it could be argued that the political crisis that pervaded our recent past points to the fact that most of our people are ignorant of an apathetic towards the country’s observe that in Nigeria electioneering and voting pattern cannot be validated, in the voting pattern of Nigerians and the possible estimation of the voter attitude towards political
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The level of political participation in Nigerian and Osun state in particular seems to be very low. Also the political crisis occurring in this country has equally been attributed to several
factors. The purpose of this study is to identify the reasons or reasons that have contributed to this low political participations in Nigeria politics.
In doing so, what usually comes to mind is to ask the question what is the reason for the low political participation in Nigeria politics and equally the causes of the constant political crisis? As usually, it may be traced to several factors like low level of awareness and tribalism, how can this awareness be obtained? This will lead us to this research topic.
Therefore, this study is intended to inquire into how political participation in Nigeria politics and equally trace the genesis of the political crisis that identifies the factors responsible and solution sought.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is expected that this study would be immense benefit to the government, the mass media and the people of this country. This study will highlight the importance of the radio programmes as a vehicle for economy development in a transition era.
Through the mass media, especially the radio and television Nigeria might have a chance of having a viable political culture and help to choose a leadership that will inculcate a viable and sustaining democracy. This will also give us a society blessed with.
As right put by GORAN HEDEBRO- “communication media can create a climate of change by including a new valves, attitude and models or behaviour favourable to mobilization, teach new skill act as a multipher of resources of knowledge, raise level of participation in
decision-making, help people to find new norms and harmony in period of transition, change the power structure of the society by giving knowledge to this masses, create sense of nations, lead to increase political activity or participation, promote people’s need satisfying development as self perpetuating process.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS.
The basic question posted as a result of these problem includes the following:
a. Have radio programmes been participating in economic development in Nigeria and Osun state in particular.
b. Has ethnic problem been hindering the smoothness of economic development in this country?
c. Can the masses in the country be mobilized and informed using radio programmes?
d. What role has the radio programmes played to ensure a viable democracy?
Hoi: There is effect of mass illiteracy on electronics media impact during economy
H01: There is no effect of mass illiteracy on electronics media impact during economy
H02: Govt. ownership of radio stations (OSBC) has effected economy development
H02: Govt. ownership of radio stations (OSBC) has effected political mobilization
H03: OSBC has been efficient in promoting people’s interest in politics during political campaigns
H03: OSBC has been efficient in promoting people’s interest in social and business activities.
H04: Ethnic problem has not been hindering the smoothness of economy development.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Conceptual and operational definitions
a. Conceptual: Persons or duties in an undertaking.
b. Operational: Function or part of the duty the radio programmes do to contribute national economy development.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. LISTENERSHIP LEVEL AND PERCEPTION OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA CAMPUS RADIO PROGRAM (A CASE STUDY OF LISTENERS IN MINNA)» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Radio is an essential mass medium that virtually every member of the society benefits from. Kuewumi (2009) as...Continue Reading »
2. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION ON FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION OF NIGERIA NETWORK NEWS: A STUDY OF THE RESIDENTS OF IBADAN TOWN, OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study According to Ude (1998) in his book, Introduction to Reporting and News Writing, he defines news ...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF ADVERTISEMENT ON CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR (A STUDY OF ABIA STATE TELEVISION COMMERCIAL OF MILO BEVERAGE, ON ISIAMA AFARA COMMUNITY IN UMUAHIA N...» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle Page … … .. .. … .. .. … .. … .. .. iDeclaration… … .. .. … .. .. … .. … .. .. iiCertification Page… … ....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research was carried out to ascertain Uyo resident's perception of the credibility of select online newspapers (PUNCH and Vanguard). The...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT (Bilteneven 1973:11) says that a mass media can take message around the world. The stimulus for this on the research is to find out the impac...Continue Reading »
6. INFLUENCE OF PACKAGING ON CONSUMER CHOICE OF BEAUTY PRODUCTS: A STUDY OF MARYKAY, SLEEK AND BLACK OPAL COSMETICS» Abstract The struggle for supremacy in brand positioning using packaging has introduced various approaches to designing a package for a product. The a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study ―Conflict sensitive Reporting in Northern Nigeria: A study of Select Newspaper Reportage‖ was carried out to discover how some...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF RADIO IN THE POLITICAL MOBILIZATION OF RURAL AREAS IN NIGERIA (CASE STUDY OF NJIKOKA L.G.A)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Mass Media made up of print and electronic play a huge role as veritable instruments of commu...Continue Reading »
9. NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF RURAL HEALTH CARE DELIVERY: AN ANALYSIS OF SOME SELECTED NATIONAL DAILIES» ABSTRACT. This thesis examines Nigerian Newspaper coverage of rural health care delivery. Using content analysis, the issue of concern was investigate...Continue Reading »
10. FOREIGN TELEVISION STATIONS’ REPRESENTATION AND THE PERCEPTION OF NIGERIA’S IMAGE BY YOUTHS IN SELECTED UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTHWEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Nigeria youths are perhaps vulnerable victims of foreign television programmes transmitted to Nigeria. The manner in which the foreign televi...Continue Reading »