Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Marketing research in now giving position in the solving or organisation problems, both private and public owned organisations.
The importance of marketing reach to organisation cannot be over emphasised. Organisation as an open system cannot operate in isolation, they must react to environment (both internal and external) which will assist their organisation to reveal how customers can better be served and treated.
One of the objectives of theis research work as related to PHCN is to find out if marketing research is of benefit to PHCN in particular and to public sector organisation in general.
Chapter one of this research works highlights on the meaning and scope of marketing research backed with the research problems, objectives of the study and definitions of terms.
Chapter two, experts and scholar opinions were sampled and reviewed as regards to the subject matter.
In chapter three of the research work looked at the research design and methodology used in approaching and solving the problem. The population size, sample size, the method of data collection and method of data analysis were also determined.
Chapter four oof this research work took us to the are of data presentation and analysis which involves the use of cables to illustrate findings from the distributed questionnaires involved, in the cause of this study.
Chapter five is all about the summary of findings, conclusions and bibliography, then the questionnaires
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The background of the study is concerned with the consumer oriented philosophy that is aimed at identifying anticipating and satisfying consumers/customer needs and wants at a profit to the organisation.
The American Marketing Association (AMA defines marketing as the performance of business activities that directs the flow of goods and services from the production point to the final consumption. From the above definition, marketing does also engages in services which are intangible in nature.
Kotler (1980) defines marketing as the human activities directed at satisfying needs and wants through the exchange process. The strength of this definition lies in its simplicity and on the fact that it is wide application valuqe for instance, it is useful for product marketing as well as service marketing not for profit) and making marketing not for profit making all of which the marketing communication and mass media managers are involved.
In fact, there can be no exchange about one form of communication or the other. This is where the issue of marketing research comes in. marketing research is noticed because all marketing activities starts with research which is done through the identification of customers needs before adopting the organisation’s resources to satisfy them. Also Kotler 92000:103 defined marketing research as the systematic design collection, analysis and reporting of data and finding relevant to a specific marketing situation facing the company.
However, marketing research is the problem solving tool in marketing and it can be applied to problems in any of marketing. For example marketing research involves collecting and analysing data about actual and potential customers while product research deals with product related problem. Such as resting out new product.
In this vein, this research work looks at the whole and application of marketing research in the public sector and the case study of power holding company of Nigeria (PHCN)
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The public sector organisation need to market their services to their various customers especially in this era of competition, it is doubtful whether power holding company carryout marketing research.
(1) It is not clear about the benefits of marketing research to the PHCN in public sector generally.
It is uncertain if well trained personnel used in executing marketing research activities etc.
The researcher is especially in doubt whether the power holding company is customer oriented.
The researcher is equally in doubt about the effect on marketing customer patronage.
It is doubtful whether the company has a department for carrying their marketing activities.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
In the above stated problems, the research purpose are objectives will therefore include:
(1) To know the benefits of marketing research to the PHCN in public sector generally.
(2) To find out if trained personnel used in executing marketing research activities.
(3) Are power holding company customer oriented.
(4) To know the effect on marketing customer patronage
(5) To know whether the company had a department for carrying out their marketing activities.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
Marketing research is now gaining position in solving problems or organisation.
In order to get a clearer picture and focus for this study we can pure serious questions necessary for the solution of the problems identified on the statement of problems such questions include:
(1) What are the benefits of marketing research to PHCN in public sector generally.
(2) Are well trained personnel used in executing marketing research activities.
(3) Is power holding company customer oriented
(4) What is the effect of marketing customer patronage
(5) Does the company has department for carryout their marketing activities.
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
1) Ho: There is no significant relationship between marketing research carryout by firms and customer service level attained.
Hi: There is significant relationship between marketing research carryout by firm and customer service level attained
2) Ho: There is not significant relationship between nature of marketing research carry out by the firm and degrees of customer patronage.
Hi: There us significant relationship between nature of marketing research carryout by the firm and degree of customer patronage.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
In essence, research work is carried at serving certain significance in relations to individuals or a particular event.
It is also relevant as it will interest the management if the real contribution of marketing research on PHCN service can be highlighted through this study.
Those involved in marketing activities of PHCN service will also benefit from this study individual concerned with marketing research activities may be in position to assure a more positive role in their effort to gather finely ad relevant information that will be f significant value to the company.
In a special investigation of the study of PHCN is needed supported not to relent its effort in systematic gathering of information on seasonal electricity is very useful and vital in the economy and social role being the nation.
However, the improvement of PHCN service through well executed marketing research will go a long way in earning for the organisation a good public image.
Also customer loyalty will be assumed especially in this area of proposed de-regulation (privatization).
Marketing research activities will also enable the organisation to be customer oriented though the identification of their (customer) needs which if solved will increase its market share profitability.
Finally, it should be noted that efficient and effective power supply is beneficial to the organisation (PHCN) involved, the customers and the economic at large because electricity is now important to every business activities in Nigerians and the world at large.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is aimed at knowing the role marketing research plays in enhancing customers service in the power industry.
The scope of study is limited to power holding company of Nigeria in Owerri main branch and its distribution station. Due to financial and time constraints, it was not possible to extend the study to many other branches of the organisation.
1.8 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This research work would have been better off and or more important. It has stretched its tentacles to cover all the branches of the organisations (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) but because of the following:
FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS: Financial problem was encountered by the researcher to carryout the research as detailed as possible due to the limited capital at the researcher’s disposal to gather material and travel to x pro.
TIME CONSTRAINTS: The researcher also encountered time problems in getting all research work completed because the curriculum of the degree programme is designed in such ways that through courses creating difficulty in conducting intensive research work.
LACK OF ADEQUATE INFORMATION: The researcher encountered problems better in collecting and analysis of research material for the station.
ECONOMIC PROBLEM: Fuel scarcity, power failure, bad roads, high transportation cost, strikes are economic pro
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYProduct management embraces the task of adjusting the product throughout its life to match the e...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECTS OF MOTIVATION ON SALESFORCE PERFORMANCE IN GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC AND MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK IN SOUTH-EAST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACTThis study was conducted to evaluate the effects of motivation on sales force performance in Guinness Nigeria Plc and MTN in South East. The m...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF THE RADIO AND TELEVISION MEDIA IN THE NEW ERA ADVERTISING A STUDY OF ENUGU STATE BROADCASTING SERVICE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Advertising has tremendously changed from what it used to be in the past decades (MacDonald, 2002...Continue Reading »
4. SERVICE DELIVERY AS AN INSTRUMENT OF ACCESSING COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IN MARKETING (A STUDY OF ZAIN NIGERIA PLC» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Telecommunications businesses exist basically to provide efficient and effective communications s...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING AND SALES PROMOTION IN A SERVICE BASED ORGANISATION (CASE STUDY OF MTN NIGERIA LTD)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Advertising and sales promotion are becoming very regular in our world today especially with ...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (The role of marketing information system in enhancing sales) is an extract from literature review of the project material. ...Continue Reading »
» AbstractThis study was informed by the necessity of research in the impact of integrated marketing communication on brand building. A study of the tra...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Consumer protection is more and more becoming a topical issue in this country. Consumers in Nigeria i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Sales promotion is an indirect form of marketing promotion inserted to stimulate quick action. As...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research work; the impact of social media on cosumer buying behaviour of Toyota brand of vehicles aim at finding out whether Customers ha...Continue Reading »