Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Table of content v
CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION
- Background to the study 1
- Statement of the Research Problem 2
- Objective of the study 3
- Research questions 4
- Statement of the Hypothesis 4
- Scope of the study 5
- Significance of the study 5
- Limitation of the study 6
- Operational Definition of Terms 7
CHAPTER TWO – LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Introduction 8
2.2 The Review 8
2.2.1 Nature and Objective of Pricing 8
2.2.2 Pricing Objective 9
2.2.3 Selection of pricing policy 10
2.2.4 Price Setting in practice 14
2.2.5 Appraising the uniqueness of price among
other marketing mix variables 18
2.2.6 Factors bearing on pricing 19
2.2.7 The use of price strategy in enhancing the
growth of a new product 23
2.2.8 Factors Influence Price Determination 24
2.3 Summary of the Review
CHAPTER THREE – RESEARCH METHOD
3.1 Introduction 33
3.2 Research Design 33
3.3 Population of the study 34
3.4 Sample/Sampling Techniques 34
3.5 Instrumentation 34
3.6 Method of the Data Collection 35
3.7 Method of Data Analyses 35
CHAPTER FOUR – DATA PRESENTATION, ANALYSES, DISCUSSION OF FINDINGS
4.1 Introduction 37
4.2 Data Presentation and Interpretation 37
4.3 Data Analyses and Hypotheses Testing 47
4.4 Discussion of Findings 55
CHAPTER FIVE – SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION, RECOMMENDATIONS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDIES
5.1 Introduction 57
5.2 Summary of findings 57
5.3 Conclusions 57
5.4 Recommendations 58
5.5 Suggestions for further studies 59
The topic titled “impact of price in introduction of a new product” was chosen to examine the relevance of price in the introduction of a new product. The main objective of this study is to investigate the significance of price on a new product. In the course of this research the research methodology adopted were the primary method of data collection through the use of questionnaire and secondary method. Relevant literatures were reviewed and data collected were analyzed using simple percentage. This was equally used in hypothesis testing. The study revealed among others that no business can meet its set goals and objectives without pricing. It is therefore recommended that there should be the establishment of a pricing section in the marketing department to set prices and assist the marketing department in determining appropriate prices for products. Certainly, it is the belief of the research that, if these recommendation are complied with, they would go a long way in not only helping the business but the nation at large.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Price has been a major problem in producing a product. Every company, that produces a product has one thing in mind which is the price. It is not easy for a company to fix a price for their products because the company or manufacturer will want to determine all the cost used in producing the product and in doing this, the company or manufacturer will want to determine all the cost used in producing the product and in doing this, the company or manufacturer will also want to put the consumers in mind because if the price is too high, it will affect the sales of the product and if it is too low, it will also affect the company or manufacturer’s cost of production. All this point, the manufacturer or producer will want to put at equilibrium.
On this note, the researcher decided to carry out t his research work to find out what role price plays in the market, the importance of price and possible solution on how price can be fixed in a product. Pricing is considered by many people to be the key activities within the capitalist system of free enterprise especially when introducing a new product into the market.
Furthermore pricing and price competition are problems facing marketing executives today. Price is too cost oriented, price is not lavished often enough to capitalize on mark changes (Aluyor, 2010).
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Many criticism have been made against certain pricing policies and some have questioned how certain pricing objectives can really fit in with overall corporation.
The problem is to investigate why certain pricing policies fail to assist in realizing company marketing objectives hence the problem has under the following pertinent questions.
- What is the pricing method in manufacturing enterprise
- Should a company set prices independently of other marketing mix variables?
- That what extent should a company take in to consideration of the demand intensity for the product as well as the customer’s psychology w hen it assures a cost oriented pricing strategy?
- Should prices be tagged on a new product without proper consideration of its supply?
- Should the production of a new product commence and price attached without proper investigation about consumer’s interest?
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
In carrying out a research, a lot of things ought to be considered in respect to these products. One has to critically look at the recent political state of the country. The country is passing through a new political dispensation, which is headed by a civilian president; these might facilitate the opening of neighbouring boarders hence increasing the rate of imported goods into the country. These will help in a drastic reduction of the process of product in circulation in the country, hence increasing the rate of demand.
The aim of this research work is to evaluate the significance of price fixed for a new product hence avid the demand for the product.
The study is aimed at realizing the following objectives;
- To check the reaction of consumers in the event of price increase over a product
- To identify the problems of new products pricing decisions and make useful suggestions to help avoid the practical problem of establishing a price.
- To find out if the relatively low price of a product could affects its purchases decision of the consumers of the product.
- Finally, the study will also investigate the place of price among other marketing mix varieties.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following Research Questions shall direct the thrust of this study.
- Is the increased patronage of Nigerian Bottling Company’s product influenced by its promotional activities?
- Is advertising the most effective tool for reaching customers?
- Is the patronage of Nigerian Bottling Company’s products influenced by the locations of its depots?
- Does price influence the sales volume of a product?
- Is pricing decision cumbersome?
- Is new product pricing usually a difficult exercise involving many problems?
- Does pricing decision has any impact on product success?
- Is new product pricing responsible for product failure?
1.5 STATEMENTS OF THE HYPOTHESES
1. Ho: Prices does not influence sales volume
Hi: Prices does influence sales volume
2. Ho: Pricing decision is not cumbersome
Hi: pricing decision is cumbersome
Ho: New product pricing is not usually a difficult
Hi: New product pricing is usually a difficult exercise involving many problems
3. Ho: pricing decision does not impact on product success.
Hi: pricing decision has impact on product success
Ho: New product pricing is not often responsible for product failure
Hi: New product pricing is often responsible for product failure
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This is limited to pricing as marketing mix variable with respect to the growth of a new product very Amstel Malta a product of Nigeria Breweries as a case study. His is done with a need to identify the problem associated with the pricing of a new product and so make useful suggestions.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research work will be of immense importance to many parties when successfully completed. Amongst t hose to benefit one the producers with regards to the best price fixed on a new product tin order to succeed the markets place. Also to benefit from the best price fixed on a new product will be investigated and found out through feedbacks received from interviewers and questionnaires with customers and staffs of Nigeria Breweries.
Consumers will also benefit from the research work because their suggestions and criticism will be take into consideration.
Above all, the researcher will also benefit immensely because it is on the basic of successful completion of the project work that the researcher will be awarded the Higher National Diploma (HND) in marketing .
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
During the course of this research work several limitations which served as hindrance constraints to the successful completion of the work were encountered. Efforts were however made by the group to minimize these limitations
The first limitation was that of finance , the work was carried out with the finance the group could pool. A more thorough research could have been carried out if the much anticipated finance was available.
Secondly time equally served as a constraint, there was considerable pressure on time because the study was conducted side by side with other curricular activities such as regular lectures, assignment, test, quizzes and sectional examination etc.
Finally, the attitude of the consumers and staff of Amstel Malta Nigeria Breweries Plc with regarding answering of the questionnaire posed another problem as most of them felt unconcerned, some of the questionnaires collected were not properly ansered.
Thanks to the Almighty God that the researcher was able to complete the research work successfully inspite of the hubbles of difficulties encountered.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT In this age of fierce competition and turbulent business environment, organizations tend to adopt specific strategies to stay afloat in busin...Continue Reading »
96 pages | 275 hits | Source: MARKETING
» Abstract Packaging can be described as a coordinated system of preparing goods for transport, warehousing information and sell. It is fully integrated...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 212 hits | Source: MARKETING
3. THE IMPACT OF SALES PROMOTION ON CUSTOMERS’ LOYALTY IN THE NIGERIAN TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY. (A STUDY OF MTN ASABA)» ABSTRACT. The study examines the impact of sales promotion on customers’ loyalty, using MTN Asaba. The objectives of the study are to determine ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 83 hits | Source: MARKETING
4. ADVERTISING AN EFFECTIVE PROMOTIONAL TOOL FOR MARKETING NEW PRODUCT (A Case Study of NASCO Marketing Company)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION In our contemporary world, advertising serves as one of the media vehicle through which any organization or potential bu...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 263 hits | Source: MARKETING
5. SERVICE DELIVERY AS AN INSTRUMENT OF ACCESSING COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IN MARKETING (A STUDY OF ZAIN NIGERIA PLC)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Title Page I Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgements iv Table of Contents v Abstract vi CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION 1...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 226 hits | Source: MARKETING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In any organization whether profit or nonprofit oriented the main purpose of that organization ar...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 224 hits | Source: MARKETING
7. EFFECTS OF MOTIVATION ON SALESFORCE PERFORMANCE IN GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC AND MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK IN SOUTH-EAST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACTThis study was conducted to evaluate the effects of motivation on sales force performance in Guinness Nigeria Plc and MTN in South East. The m...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 79 hits | Source: MARKETING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The In every developing and developed economy, the capital market has been identified as an insti...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 202 hits | Source: MARKETING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY What philosophy should guide a company marketing and selling efforts? What relative weights shou...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 201 hits | Source: MARKETING
10. AN APPRAISAL OF ADVERTISING AS A TOOL FOR PROMOTING SALES OF SOFT DRINKS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SOFT DRINKS COMPANY IN KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Advertisement is one of the four major tools that companies use to direct persuasive communication to...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 165 hits | Source: MARKETING